Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Loads getting stuck into him for the subs as though i) Isak wasn't running on fumes ii) it caused Trippier to slip and cost us a goal. Bizarre stuff.

When you are in the public sphere you have to know how to handle thick cunts with opinions. He can definitely do it, he understands that most fans love him.

Thought Howe was class today. 

After Wolves made their subs and started having some joy, I noticed he called Burn over and had a word. After that Burn was engaging Neto higher up and really stifling him better.

Could be reading too much into it but it’s nice to see those changes being made. 

9 hours ago, jack j said:

Eh? Isak was blowing out his arse when he came off. Course it was necessary

Fair enough. It seems I’ve let the last two months watching shit Callum Wilson too much get to me, I’ll try to do better.

Edited by Dr Venkman

Needs to rotate more. The team looks spent. I understand he wants to keep a winning or unbeaten team but I don't see the milage of that when players are hanging. The small pool of quality squad doesn't help, especially when you throw all your eggs in one basket and he's then out for weeks/months (twice that's happened now) but we've got to get fresh legs and minds into the team quicker than we do. Our fullbacks are both liabilities at present and one of them, their quality cannot be questioned, therfore it's got to be fatigue. 

God help us if we qualify for Europe.

The problem at full back has been the lack of options to replace Burn or Tripper. Hopefully with Targett and Ashby coming back to fitness, we'll be able to manage their minutes more.

I actually thought other than the slip, Trippier was excellent yesterday. It was also Burn's best game in the league for a while. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Needs to rotate more. The team looks spent. I understand he wants to keep a winning or unbeaten team but I don't see the milage of that when players are hanging. The small pool of quality squad doesn't help, especially when you throw all your eggs in one basket and he's then out for weeks/months (twice that's happened now) but we've got to get fresh legs and minds into the team quicker than we do. Our fullbacks are both liabilities at present and one of them, their quality cannot be questioned, therfore it's got to be fatigue. 

He clearly feels more confident starting with quality but tired players, rather than rotating with shite but not tired players. 

There's a group of lads on the bench that I hope never get on the pitch for us again. They have a decent attitude and are contributing to squad harmony but they're miles off the standard we're aiming for on the pitch.

This is a transition season, try not to stress and just enjoy the ride for what it is. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

30 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Trippier's slip was unfortuante, you can't really point blame on that otherwise. 

I couldn't understand why he didn't get a shout off Pope. 

I was sat thinking 'easy collection for Pope', then all of a sudden sat wondering what the fuck had just happened. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

I couldn't understand why he didn't get a shout off Pope. 

I was sat thinking 'easy collection for Pope', then all of a sudden sat wondering what the fuck had just happened. 

are we certain he didn't get a shout? it looked like keepers all day long. I thought there must have been one and that's why Tripps was so frustrated with himself.

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

It’s going to demand a different approach from Eddie next season if we can get a Europe spot, which would be a disappointment at this stage if we didn’t make. Will be great to see Eddie having to adapt to the new challenge 

8 minutes ago, Big River said:

are we certain he didn't get a shout? it looked like keepers all day long. I thought there must have been one and that's why Tripps was so frustrated with himself.

Nope.  We'll never know but I'd assume Pope would have called it, or tbh you'd think Trippier would have been aware Pope was there anyway. 

Pope may have said leave it but in the heat of the moment Trippier has a split second choice to make. Had he not slipped and actually cleared it we'd all be lauding him.

It's a finicky old game and one fine line can be the difference between outstanding and frustration.

I thought Eddie Howe got it fairly ok with the subs.

A bit of experience in Ritchie coupled with a fired up Miggy and a misfiring Wilson getting a chance to go up against tiring players.

Wilson wasn't anything to write home about for his time on the pitch but he had to replace Isak who was tiring after all the hard work he'd put in considering he's hardly had any real game time for a good while.

It's too easy for us as fans to be over critical and expectant considering the team/squad have been over-performing and we can all turn into managers but we all know it takes a lot more than words from us to solve squad issues and rotations and so on.

I'd give Eddie Howe a nice 8/10.

State of some of the journos, man. "Isak scored a good header at the weekend didn't he, just wondering if you show him videos of Les Ferdinand in training?" Of course he doesn't, you div, now put your thumb back in.

On 13/03/2023 at 15:10, Big River said:

I was stood about 12 yards from it and virtually right on line and I’m certain there was no call from Pope mind 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

State of some of the journos, man. "Isak scored a good header at the weekend didn't he, just wondering if you show him videos of Les Ferdinand in training?" Of course he doesn't, you div, now put your thumb back in.

:lol: