Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Is it going over the top to say nobody in the world could realistically have come in when he did and done a better job?

No. I think Emery would have done a cracking job here but Howe literally has us fighting for top 4 despite our main striker being out for close to 4 months, and ASM being iffy all season.

The present situ reminds me of Dinnis after Lee left , team played well towards end of season and our bacon was saved, but all went pearshaped the following season, hope it don't happen here, though in reality it won't

4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

He’s done a great job overall but picking the squad up after a bit of a blip has been very impressive. Season could have easily fizzled out but we’re right in it again now, we look like the 3rd best team in the league right now.

This a hundred times over. We had a huge blip and the worst time and it could have quite easily ended our season, but he's having none of that shit. No feeling sorry, no holiday mode or taking the foot off. It's back to putting a shift in and beating whoever is in front of us.

Today was great. 1st time I've felt he had real options from the bench and he was able to use them properly. 

4 hours ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Is it going over the top to say nobody in the world could realistically have come in when he did and done a better job?

No, and I'd include all the past greats like Ferguson and Clough in that.

When he took over, it looked like we were going to go down with about 20 points. Taking us to 3rd place in just over a year is incredible.

heard the line-up on the way up to the ground.

loads of us thinking he was being unneccessarily loyal to a winning team and questioning leaving BigJow on the bench.

should have known not to question Eddie.

blokes a genious.

21 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Turn the question on its head - would Eddie have been able to do what he has here anywhere else?

there’s definitely a bit of right man right place right time going on here 

Well the guy has pedigree, doesn't he. He took Bournemouth from 24th place in League Two to the Premiership in just over 5 years. It's hard to say which is the more incredible feat.

Yes, I think he chose us as much as we chose him. He saw a club with big potential, but also one that he could mould according to his own vision and style, which is not perhaps as easy with the mega clubs like Man U or Chelsea.

Tbh, I think other managers are getting a bit rattled, with the exception of Pep. They can't quite figure out what's going on.

Seems to get everything right all the time. 

Thought we had 4 effective subs yesterday which hasn't been the case for most of the season. Having Wilson come on up top, and 2 decent wingers in Anderson and Gordon fresh to re-ignite our intensive press was amazing. Also Joelinton coming on to run around like a madman with all that pent up energy, Fake Bruno was just scared of him and pussied out of the challenges. :lol:

Imagine next season if we can get 3 or 4 more top class players to fight over positions his toolbox will be so much better.

He has so much class as well. Happy to tell the opposition wanker to fuck off to his face, but still maintains class in interviews which make the likes of Klopp, Ten Hag and Arteta look like the petty little people that they are. Love him!

19 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Turn the question on its head - would Eddie have been able to do what he has here anywhere else?

there’s definitely a bit of right man right place right time going on here 

Absolutely, but that goes for any manager at any club. It has to be a right fit or they simply have to have more cop on not to join clubs at certain times.

Pep could have taken this job in the middle of the Mike Ashley debacle and we’d have been no better off.. all that would have happened is that his stock would have lowered. Rafa polished that turd as much as possible but I don’t think he’d have improved us with another season. Too toxic.

When it really works like Howe has here, it’s lightning in a bottle and it must be looked after.

All the credit needs to go to Howe. Lots of fucking hard graft apart from everything else.

6am starts and 12 hour shifts to get it right. Cultivating a team spirit and building a Squad of payers where they are all valued and equal.

No egos, No Drama Queens. Not to mention playing pretty impressive, attacking, good on the eye football, while climbing to 3rd!

3rd with Longstaff, Burn, Murphy, Willock, Miggy and Schar. 

I do feel a few on here are still too quick to hammer Burn, Longstaff or Murphy, yes they need replacing and I'm sure Howe will eventually phase them all into great squad players, but fucking hell!

We're 3rd!, there are only two teams better in England.  So the above aforementioned players aren't doing too bad, surely!

Give them a break and let's enjoy the journey!

What a time to be a NUFC Fan!

38 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

All the credit needs to go to Howe. Lots of fucking hard graft apart from everything else.

6am starts and 12 hour shifts to get it right. Cultivating a team spirit and building a Squad of payers where they are all valued and equal.

No egos, No Drama Queens. Not to mention playing pretty impressive, attacking, good on the eye football, while climbing to 3rd!

3rd with Longstaff, Burn, Murphy, Willock, Miggy and Schar. 

I do feel a few on here are still too quick to hammer Burn, Longstaff or Murphy, yes they need replacing and I'm sure Howe will eventually phase them all into great squad players, but fucking hell!

We're 3rd!, there are only two teams better in England.  So the above aforementioned players aren't doing too bad, surely!

Give them a break and let's enjoy the journey!

What a time to be a NUFC Fan!

I hammered them yesterday being honest but then was thinking today about the grafting they do and the fact longstaff and willock keep trying and trying again with their shooting. If they ever turn the corner on their finishing we will be some force.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Absolutely, but that goes for any manager at any club. It has to be a right fit or they simply have to have more cop on not to join clubs at certain times.

Pep could have taken this job in the middle of the Mike Ashley debacle and we’d have been no better off.. all that would have happened is that his stock would have lowered. Rafa polished that turd as much as possible but I don’t think he’d have improved us with another season. Too toxic.

When it really works like Howe has here, it’s lightning in a bottle and it must be looked after.

Howe was always a class act and underrated manager in my opinion, at Bournemouth he took over when they were on -17 points and he still kept them up. He then essentially matched them through the leagues into the premiership.

When we got took over I said to my dad that I want poch or Howe and glad it turned out like it did.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Imagine if he'd wasted his career by choosing Celtic that summer. 

Would maybe be an outside contender for Chelsea or Tottenham now?

15 minutes ago, 80 said:

Would maybe be an outside contender for Chelsea or Tottenham now?

Would think he’s too clever to go to Chelsea. Spurs possibly though, even though it’s equally as poisonous. 

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Would think he’s too clever to go to Chelsea. Spurs possibly though, even though it’s equally as poisonous. 

Oh yeah, in terms of where he'd choose to go, I'm not sure, was thinking more in terms of his options. Maybe he'd have gone for Brighton when Potter left? Imagine he'd have wanted a longer stint at Celtic though.