Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

:lol: Fantastic. 

What’s your point? You’ve never changed your opinion about something, never engaged in any critical thought, never had an opinion that evolved over time? When Howe wins something with us he can be called great, at the moment he’s looking good but as a team and a club there are still big steps to make.

2 hours ago, Away Toon said:

What’s your point? You’ve never changed your opinion about something, never engaged in any critical thought, never had an opinion that evolved over time? When Howe wins something with us he can be called great, at the moment he’s looking good but as a team and a club there are still big steps to make.

You have a posting history of lifting takes and of just being inherently miserable, also one of ceasing posting when things are going well; "x is shite", "can see where this is going", "wonder how we'll bottle this", "no wonder, not won a trophy for years." 

Genuinely wonder what you get from this tbh.

6 hours ago, Away Toon said:

He is a good manager but whether he's the great manager we are going to need we will have to wait and see. 

Dude, he took a team that had not only been flushed down the shitter and facing almost certain relegation and got them into the CL. Yes, money played a part as did the backroom staff additions but he led this team on the pitch to all that success.

He's going to be given the benefit of the doubt for a long time by me.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

You have a posting history of lifting takes and of just being inherently miserable, also one of ceasing posting when things are going well; "x is shite", "can see where this is going", "wonder how we'll bottle this", "no wonder, not won a trophy for years." 

Genuinely wonder what you get from this tbh.

He must feed.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

We have a coaching team that works alongside a sports science team, which will guide decisions when it comes to how much load a player can take on, what type of running he has done, at which point a strain is more likely to occur, and so on. For me, it’s difficult to judge the substitutes without being privy to this information. 

Disappointing result, that we know for definite Howe will go through with a fine tooth comb to iron out our weaknesses and look to improve on. No worries at all with his management so far from me. 

Be canny In 20 years when history is rewrote and people realise how good Eddie was before he was forced out by our stupid fans

They'll all deny it though. The same as they do now with Robson

I'll go with Mourinho as this eras souness

Our fans deserve fuck all success ?

Some serious whining in here about criticising Eddie. Hes a fantastic manager and we are lucky to have him but he fucked up a few decisions on Sun, hopefully he learns from it. Brighton getting spanked last weekend should put a few nerves at ease, we can put things right. 

26 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Since the start of last season that's 7 losses in 41 (2 x City 3 x Liverpool, 1 x Arsenal, 1 x Villa). Incredible really.

If we lose to brighton which is a possibility, I can see the twitter knackers calling for howes head. Which is laughable when you think about it. 

4 minutes ago, andycap said:

If we lose to brighton which is a possibility, I can see the twitter knackers calling for howes head. Which is laughable when you think about it. 

Eddie doesnt do social media so he wont give a fuck. Duno why fans get in a sweat about that cesspit twitter anyway, just stay aff it. 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

It's robson all over again i tell you

It's just a shame we've got a young well spoken talented coach at the helm. Who's worked wonders with what's at his disposal playing entertaining football which in turn has got us from nearly dropping out the league to champions league place, and because we've had a terrible fixture list to start a campaign off worse than any other team we've lost a couple and now he's not good enough. Wankers the lot of them short memories. 

It's not the Twitter knackers I'm worried about when it comes to Howe's longevity, it's that we don't know how trigger happy our board is.

We need to prepare ourselves for momentum to slow down this season - I'm absolutely convinced that we'll see sequences of poorer results because the squad was at its absolute limits last season and we've only recruited one more experienced PL player; meanwhile there's a European campaign to navigate. 

I just pray that the decision-makers aren't too hasty whenever the first sticky patch arrives. It will happen at some point, it happens to absolutely everyone. Just some teams have much longer gaps between them. 

Looking at his performance v Liverpool. The starting line up and tactics were fine up until around the hour mark.

You could argue he potebtially didn't react well enough to Liverpool's tactical switch and subsequent numerical superiority in the middle.  He tried to push the full backs narrow to give Bruno and Tonali more options, but it was still too easy for Liverpool to cut off the passing lanes. In hindsight perhaps switching to a 4-2-3-1 might have helped.

Instead he opted for like for like fresh legs. Gordon was exhausted and Isak was ineffective, so both seemed like obvious candidates to be substituted. Tonali was a strange one on the face of it, but we have no idea how his fitness was holding up and Longstaff is hardly a disastrous replacement.

Even then there was an element of misfortune in that we weren't clinical and he was forced into a late defensive reshuffle. Almiron buries one of his chances or Botman's interception doesn't ricochet off his heel and we aren't having this discussion.

All in all, it wasn't the disaster-class it's being made out to be, but there's areas of his in-game management he didn't quite get right. In particular, we probably required a change in shape to nullify the Liverpool counter-punch and pull them out of shape more than we did.

Some people need to realise how dire this club was for long enough and how we all felt being dejected on a regular basis.

what we're getting now is enjoyable feel good football in the main, with the odd blip which all teams get.

We are not looked upon as cannon fodder by any of the top teams now. That tells anyone how far we've come in such a short space of time and that is down to 99.9% at the club going in the right direction.

What's not to like?

It's interesting seeing how quickly - and wrongly - a peak is treated as 'the norm' or 'the minimum'.

Don't get me wrong, I reckon this could be the same of any other club with a manager in the same position, so it's not you lot, but some of the stuff on here - as viewed by an outsider - is absolutely fucking mindblowing.

What he achieved last year was an absolute miracle, yeah you spent money, but not enough to outright buy fourth place, you got it mostly because of excellent coaching. To then be even looking remotely at him like some people are on here after three games is absolutely insane.

It's like a misplaced sense of entitlement has kicked in - you are quite obviously a project in progress, you've not just won something and set an elevated 'norm' for yourselves, thus far you've achieved nothing concrete, but the fact is, it's in very recent memory that you were stinking the league out under Captain Steak Bakes.

If you zoom out a bit from where you are now, ie the here and now of matches happening this last week or two, and look at the bigger picture, it is still insanely impressive.

All teams (except you know who) have questionable patches, it's not that they happen, it's how they react to them that matters.

2 minutes ago, magvicar said:

Some people need to realise how dire this club was for long enough and how we all felt being dejected on a regular basis.

what we're getting now is enjoyable feel good football in the main, with the odd blip which all teams get.

We are not looked upon as cannon fodder by any of the top teams now. That tells anyone how far we've come in such a short space of time and that is down to 99.9% at the club going in the right direction.

What's not to like?

It’s all good here. It’s painful to care again. That’s no bad thing. The future’s bright the future’’s black and white. We are United! :indi: