Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

Rate this :lol:

He's locked in, love to see it. I noticed in the Bretford Match Cam video there was no pre-game footage. Wonder if Eddie had them back off to keep the lads focused on getting the 3pts.

Edited by The Bonk

Excellent result. Poor performance. 

I stand by it. He’s much more of a motivator than a tactician.  

Holes in the half space. Gap between midfield and defence. Problem for a long time. Isolated striker again and again. Subs look pre determined.  No patterns of play attacking wise. Teams are man marking Bruno - does nothing about it.

The lads worked their bollocks off and Howe deserves credit for fostering that team spirit. But unless we are pressing - we don’t look like a well coached team atm. Tough games but we haven’t looked good from a coaching or tactical perspective beyond hanging in there. 

anyway great point well done to all. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Excellent result. Poor performance. 

I stand by it. He’s much more of a motivator than a tactician.  

Holes in the half space. Gap between midfield and defence. Problem for a long time. Isolated striker again and again. Subs look pre determined.  No patterns of play attacking wise. Teams are man marking Bruno - does nothing about it.

The lads worked their bollocks off and Howe deserves credit for fostering that team spirit. But unless we are pressing - we don’t look like a well coached team atm. Tough games but we haven’t looked good from a coaching or tactical perspective beyond hanging in there. 

anyway great point well done to all. 

I agree. Good post.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

That'll be Eddie "undefeated in Europe you ungrateful swine" Howe you're all jumping to criticise :howe:

Waiting to 94th minute to hit the target while having our goal peppered for 90 mins is a sign that its a fortunate result rather than one from design. Point away is always good, but it easily could have been a loss. We have to do better.

Just now, hakka said:

Waiting to 94th minute to hit the target while having our goal peppered for 90 mins is a sign that its a fortunate result rather than one from design. Point away is always good, but it easily could have been a loss. We have to do better.

We just got our first point back in Europe. Literally don't give a fuck :lol: Eddie is the man

Just now, LiquidAK said:

We just got our first point back in Europe. Literally don't give a fuck :lol: Eddie is the man

It's a good outcome for sure. Very happy, but does that mean we can't discuss concerns with the tactics and how the game actually played out?

Just now, LiquidAK said:

It's weird how people go on. I don't get it. Aye we could have played better. They had about 2 clear cut chances from the 20 odd shots they had. That Longstaff one forced the most difficult save of the game. 

Just fuck our fans tbh. We've just drawn 0-0 away to AC Fucking Milan and people are having a go at tactics, etc. 

Just now, hakka said:

It's a good outcome for sure. Very happy, but does that mean we can't discuss concerns with the tactics and how the game actually played out?

I ain't silencing you pal, you discuss away. I'll be over here, absolutely buzzing

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's weird how people go on. I don't get it. Aye we could have played better. They had about 2 clear cut chances from the 20 odd shots they had. That Longstaff one forced the most difficult save of the game. 

Just fuck our fans tbh. We've just drawn 0-0 away to AC Fucking Milan and people are having a go at tactics, etc. 

:anguish:

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

"Having a go" :lol:

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Absolutely, I don't understand why people seem to be scrutinizing Howe so much and so intently, he got us to this level and has shown at multiple times over the last few years that when we go through the tough patch, he gets us out of it, with the odd tactical tweak.

This whole "he's a motivator not a tactician" is utter bollocks.

Personally, feel like the time to be dissecting how it was all actually disappointing and we're incredibly lucky etc. probably isn't 5 minutes after we've just wandered into the San Siro and absolutely robbed a point from one of Europe's elite. This doesn't happen every day, or as we've seen, even every decade. :lol: Should just enjoy it for tonight and be thankful we've got such a gem of a manager.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Absolutely, I don't understand why people seem to be scrutinizing Howe so much and so intently, he got us to this level and has shown at multiple times over the last few years that when we go through the tough patch, he gets us out of it, with the odd tactical tweak.

This whole "he's a motivator not a tactician" is utter bollocks.

TCD is relentless with some of his more bizarre ideas.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm on board with your general point -- I don't really care today. We got a point in the Champions League, happy days.

But 2.08 xG to 0.19 accurately tells the story of the game and they had multiple chances better than the Longstaff one.