Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

It intrigues me that he never seems to get linked with any other jobs, apart from England. 

I think he functions best as a rescuer - of individual careers and clubs. At least that's his record. He might not fare so well at a LIverpool or Man Utd, where he'd have less control and would have to manage bigger names and bigger egos. Brian Clough, another rescuer, failed spectacularly when he joined Leeds.

My older brother, who only has a passing interest in football, keeps telling me that we're just a stepping stone for him, but that's only based on the usual trajectory of a successful manager. My feeling is that there are horses for courses, and he's in the right place with us. 

Stepping stone for who. I wouldn't replace him with anyone out there. He's achieved an insane amount of success already. People forget Pep/Klopp have had years to get the players and the fitness/tactics they want. Let's see how we fair against them next few years.

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

It intrigues me that he never seems to get linked with any other jobs, apart from England. 

I think he functions best as a rescuer - of individual careers and clubs. At least that's his record. He might not fare so well at a LIverpool or Man Utd, where he'd have less control and would have to manage bigger names and bigger egos. Brian Clough, another rescuer, failed spectacularly when he joined Leeds.

My older brother, who only has a passing interest in football, keeps telling me that we're just a stepping stone for him, but that's only based on the usual trajectory of a successful manager. My feeling is that there are horses for courses, and he's in the right place with us. 

We aren't any cunts stepping stone now like

Just now, Cronky said:

He may have had inquiries but told them to piss off.

24 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Stepping stone to what? :lol:

A lot of people really need to wake the fuck up to what the club is now. 

38 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

You could make a strong case to say he has the best job in world football right now. Hate the term but 'sleeping giant' with limitless backing, he's living an FM save.

He doesn't have this...

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Strange how when players or managers don't want to leave you don't hear any links in the press.

Paul Dummett given a new deal with a non disclosure clause on speaking to Craig Hurp.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

He’s our Ferguson. 

17f3a4fb7999f816ad1b7ff049f05b95.thumb.png.7eac3a9bef7a304b52b4755efd2412a9.png

Ah, here we go again.. When is this shit going to stop?[emoji38] "Oh something unlucky happened to Newcastle, they will fall apart and fans will get Howe sacked!!"

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

17f3a4fb7999f816ad1b7ff049f05b95.thumb.png.7eac3a9bef7a304b52b4755efd2412a9.png

Ah, here we go again.. When is this shit going to stop?[emoji38] "Oh something unlucky happened to Newcastle, they will fall apart and fans will get Howe sacked!!"

Please don’t sully this thread with the words of one of the worst managers in our history. 

F365 were at it with their managerial sack list that Howe is doing well but super rich owners will apparently turn on him fast if results go a bit wrong and the likes of mourinho become available...yeah you totally poach Dan ashworth from Brighton to sack off a manager who has built a proper team for fucking mourinho that makes sense...

Edited by Tiresias

12 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

F365 were at it with their managerial sack list that Howe is doing well but super rich owners will apparently turn on him fast if results go a bit wrong and the likes of mourinho become available...yeah you totally poach Dan ashworth from Brighton to sack off a manager who has built a proper team for fucking mourinho that makes sense...

Mourinho would be the complete opposite to what they have claimed they are trying to achieve.  He doesn’t develop young players and wants a ready-made team that usually costs a fortune which would be a problem with FFP.  He doesn’t do sustainable growth and it would all fall apart very quickly when he falls out with players and the hierarchy.

16 hours ago, Yorkie said:

He doesn't have this...

He does like. It will just be released more gradually than in previous cases, and our ascent will be all the sweeter for it. Anything non-FFP related like training ground, stadium, etc. there is no doubt the club will be backed to the hilt, and anything FFP-related it's just a matter of time before we can compete (financially) with the very biggest in the business.

Oh yeah, I feel a lot in the media are desperate for our owners to be impatient short termist new money idiots, as that's more fun to write about, critique and less likely to do anything. We're doing everything sensibly and it's showing up some of the normal loved big clubs as being somewhat stupid in their managerial and transfer policies. 

What annoys me more mind is when I see the occaisional one of our fans getting all expectant that top 4 is now the normal, it will be but we vastly overachieved last season lol. We may do it again, doubt it with these injuries, the whole project seemed planned to get there for the 24/25 season not straight away, this season always going to be fucking tough because of it! There's definitely a lot of pundits who think Howe not getting top 4 will lead to pressure from owners and fans alike and i just can't see it.

Edited by Tiresias

Sounds like Allardyce has invented a hypothetical situation in his own cavernous head. He's then used his own hypothetical situation to have a(nother) pop at the impatient Newcastle fans that chased him out of town. So he's invented a complete fictional situation and the Chronicle have published it.

Talk about an axe to grind, him and Souness just can't accept they were utter pigshit and rightfully sacked, they've both held this grudge and trot it out as often as they can.