Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Did a good job at Chelsea by spending a lot of money but I thought he did a poor job at Man U and also at Spurs. I wouldn't want him anywhere near us

Did he not win the europa league with man united- and qualify for Europe? 

He got to a final with spurs also

Thought he came accross well in the spurs doc- would never take him over Howe though 

33 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Did a good job at Chelsea by spending a lot of money but I thought he did a poor job at Man U and also at Spurs. I wouldn't want him anywhere near us

Think his Man United stint is looked back on a lot differently tbf, won a trophy and got a poor squad second. Other than Spurs where he was sacked before a cup final he has won a trophy at every club he's managed.

Can’t even begin to think of wanting another manager (speculation or other) on the day of our Champions league match! I back him all the way. He’s our future. Time will tell us that. He’s been through far worse at Bournemouth and came through it a stronger man, he will with us as he learns and adapts through this testing time :indi:

This is the thing. People might accurately say no one has called for Howe to be sacked, but when, after two bad results in an injury crisis lasting months we have people nitpicking, inventing hypothetical scenarios about what might take place months from now, and nominating what their preferred type of replacement would be, it's clear the table is being set.

Edited by 80

On 11/12/2023 at 20:04, rgk_lfc said:

I know it is not a popular opinion around here but Klopp is a brilliant manager. He has been luck or clever enough to pick jobs where he is supported by a brilliant back office infrastructure at Dortmund and Liverpool.

Howe is a brilliant manager too but still figuring things out. He is at Klopp's Mainz or early Dortmund stage of development. You also have a brilliant background team but which is still establishing itself. 

When you are improving a club based on processes and innovative practice on and off the pitch, patience is required. It is not always linear. 

It's not that people don't think Klopp is a brilliant manager. We just think he's a repulsive cunt.

Mourinho is toxic. Not the personality we need here to sustainably develop as a club. Tactically brilliant and ruthless with players, which is 2 things I’d like a bit more of, but no thanks. 

Edited by Ronaldo

23 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Moutinho is toxic. Not the personality we need here to sustainably develop as a club. Tactically brilliant and ruthless with players, which is 2 things I’d like a bit more of, but no thanks. 

I loved the guy when he was at Chelsea first time round, at the time he was a breath of fresh air. He was surrounded by dinosaurs in the Premier league at the time, now he's become a bit of one himself.

Don't get the Trippier sub, subbing him when he was having a decent game with Saturday off to come and yet he left him on when he was gassed to fuck and making mistakes the last two weeks. Gordon going off just as he was coming to the boil felt odd too.

Wonder if they were pre-planned subs rather than reactionary but they felt odd at the time and we unravelled soon after.

He'll learn from this I'm sure, first European campaign. The overall feeling is that Dortmund away aside, we've played well and competed in all the games and yet finished bottom due to sides with a bit more savvy and nous and experience in Europe edging us, as well as the travesty of a pen at PSG. Same feeling as I had after the Man U final, no disgrace at all just a team full of big-game experience versus one at the start of its journey (Tripps aside).

Could do with a humdrum, boring as shit 1-0 win against Fulham just to get the winning feeling back. Good to have a few more bodies and hopefully we can push on this season.

Just now, Pilko said:

Don't get the Trippier sub, subbing him when he was having a decent game with Saturday off to come and yet he left him on when he was gassed to fuck and making mistakes the last two weeks. Gordon going off just as he was coming to the boil felt odd too.

Just watching at the end there, it looked like Trippier was limping as he walked across the pitch following the final whistle.

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

We’ve complained about not being able to make subs but I think the subs fucked us tonight.

In what way? Trippier was injured, Gordon was breathing out of his arse and Longstaff for Miley made sense for some extra legs in there. Can’t see what was wrong with them.

Just now, Pilko said:

If Trippier was indeed injured then that's fair enough, I'll retract my comment about it being odd. 

I assumed he was, as he went down two minutes beforehand, and then took a corner which he limped too. 

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

In what way? Trippier was injured, Gordon was breathing out of his arse and Longstaff for Miley made sense for some extra legs in there. Can’t see what was wrong with them.

Thought miley had more life in him than Longstaff did. Didn’t realise Trippier was injured but we needed his experience and nous in the pitch.