Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Manchester United beat us at Old Trafford by the odd goal mainly due to a poor performance and typically people are shitting their pants over it. Shake your fucking heads man. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

By that logic you can’t judge him on this seasons mistakes either then.

So let's agree that these two seasons cancel each other out, right? Then we need to look at more evidence/information. Bournemouth were consistently in the top 5 for goals conceded during their time in the Premier League under Eddie.

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

So let's agree that these two seasons cancel each other out, right? Then we need to look at more evidence/information. Bournemouth were consistently in the top 5 for goals conceded during their time in the Premier League under Eddie.

Let’s just agree to disagree, you’re entitled to your opinion but think you’re talking shit personally.

We win, and every player is the best in the world
We lose, and we need to think about replacing Eddie

For the first time since Robson we actually have a team / manager we can support, no matter what. 
Why cant we just do that now?

Has the trust been so completely eroded, that the thought of supporting through good times and bad times, doesn't make sense ?

I get having a debate on a forum about tactics is warranted, but the HoweOut nonsense after every defeat really has to stop.

For the love of god. Please

5 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

This man is talking about Bournemouth ...

Posted (edited)

You want to know the mean, look at last season and the start of this one, making comparisons to a threadbare squad is asinine, you're judging a carpenter who has been given a screwdriver and a hammer to work with.

Edited by Mattoon

7 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Agreed. Eddie doesn't strike me as a manager who learns. He doesn't seem obsessed with improving. He comes across as very lazy. 
No way he can learn and improve. Lets look back at his Bournemouth days.

Exhausting...

6 minutes ago, RS said:

Manchester United beat us at Old Trafford by the odd goal mainly due to a poor performance and typically people are shitting their pants over it. Shake your fucking heads man. 

I’m not sure anyone is doing that. It was a very typical away performance for us this season; disjointed, always vulnerable to concede, unable to control the game / kill the game and consolidate for periods when we needed to, midfield absolute awol defensively and offensively. 17 points on the road is pitiful.

On the other hand I remember we’ve had Dubravka in goal for more than half the season.

Hard to judge last night.  We weren't at the races and Man Utd are spawny

The real yardstick to see how far we've come will be that pointless, nothing on the line, meaningless, nothing more than a glorified training session, friendly against Spurs who we now see as a competitor. 

Lose that and I can't see PIF wanting to risk the sheer embarrassment of being beaten by the A-League All Star team in a pointless, nothing on the line, meaningless, nothing more than a glorified training session, friendly.

9 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

Sort of use it as an excuse? So we are still in with a chance of sixth despite all the injuries and you say he has used up a free hit? What is your solution to the injuries? We have had a superb season compared to the past 20! Alot of the stats bear this out Howe has earned at least two more years after his first 2 have you forgotten his first year? 

Yes sort of as an excuse, since I dont think it fully explains a lot of our poor performances.

Only reason we have a chance for 6 is because of the very slow start Chelsea had. If we forget about the league position for a moment and just look at the results, I dont think 17 wins and 14 losses are good enough for our owners if it happens again. Especially when alot of the individual games have had abysmal performances from us, even a couple of the wins.

There are some migitating circumstances, like it being his first season in CL and the Tonali ban being a major blow. So my expectations are that we will improve massively next season, especially if we dont get Europe. But if we dont..

5 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Yes sort of as an excuse, since I dont think it fully explains a lot of our poor performances.

Only reason we have a chance for 6 is because of the very slow start Chelsea had. If we forget about the league position for a moment and just look at the results, I dont think 17 wins and 14 losses are good enough for our owners if it happens again. Especially when alot of the individual games have had abysmal performances from us, even a couple of the wins.

There are some migitating circumstances, like it being his first season in CL and the Tonali ban being a major blow. So my expectations are that we will improve massively next season, especially if we dont get Europe. But if we dont..

So what is your solution? Imagine you're being interviewed by the board!

My only real complaint is he seems to be overly cautious at key points and as said previously has a bias to certain average players. 

I'm confident he'll get it right against Brentford. 

3 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

So what is your solution? Imagine you're being interviewed by the board!

I am not claiming to have any solutions. 

Only gave my thoughts on what I think the board will do if we get another season like this. 

35 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Let’s just agree to disagree, you’re entitled to your opinion but think you’re talking shit personally.

Thanks pal. Right back at ya O0

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

So…. It’s Barnes and Gordon competing for one spot. And Almiron and Murphy competing for the other. 

2 LW options that both have more ability and higher ceilings than any RW option. 

That doesn’t make sense.

Now it doesn't, but at the time it made more sense. Gordon was still bedding in, his rise has been meteoric. The intention imo was Barnes to be our main LW and Gordon getting minutes across the wings, or across the whole front 3 really. Barnes injury and Gordon turning out to be fucking mint on the left changed that calculus.

Like a lot of our business last year Barnes was opportunistic - available at a price we were happy with. In an ideal world I suspect we'd have gone for a RW equivalent but for whatever reason that didn't materialise 

Looking forward to the ruthless revamp of the squad in the summer. Time to deal him some new cards.

Season was done the moment the club decided not to purchase in jan. We've never needed players as much as we did then and we got nothing in. Ffp to blame in sure, but no so much from next month.

I'm looking forward to options off the bench, and a squad that can be rotated. My only worry is Howe sticks with what he knows, and we see similar injuries to players as no rest is given.

Still the man for the job. 100%, but the club needs to squeeze every last penny it can to support him.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Haha

Rolling out the Bournemouth legacy stats ??????

Hang me now

Ok, just explain to me your reasoning behind not looking at someone's previous track record as an indication of what they're likely to do going forward. Genuine question, so try to keep it civil if you can (I appreciate it's rare on here and beyond the capabilities of many).

We use people's track records to judge their likely future performance in every walk of life, especially football. So putting any personal bias aside, why wouldn't we do it with Eddie in this scenario. History suggests he isn't good at the defensive side of the game (in the PL at least), and every season barre last season supports this. 

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Looking forward to the ruthless revamp of the squad in the summer. Time to deal him some new cards.

Season was done the moment the club decided not to purchase in jan. We've never needed players as much as we did then and we got nothing in. Ffp to blame in sure, but no so much from next month.

I'm looking forward to options off the bench, and a squad that can be rotated. My only worry is Howe sticks with what he knows, and we see similar injuries to players as no rest is given.

Still the man for the job. 100%, but the club needs to squeeze every last penny it can to support him.

:lol: we're literally still in the driving seat for European football, even now. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

:lol: we're literally still in the driving seat for European football, even now. 

We'd have secured it with a couple of signings. To say we're in the driving seat is madness. We've a tough away game, chelsea are on form and we've just lose to a rival in the race, a rival we've never finished above. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

We'd have secured it with a couple of signings. To say we're in the driving seat is madness. We've a tough away game, chelsea are on form and we've just lose to a rival in the race, a rival we've never finished above. 

Well we're in 7th now so it's in our hands. We just need to beat a dodgy team thats got nothing to play for. The season hasn't been 'done' at any single point. 

6 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Ok, just explain to me your reasoning behind not looking at someone's previous track record as an indication of what they're likely to do going forward. Genuine question, so try to keep it civil if you can (I appreciate it's rare on here and beyond the capabilities of many).

We use people's track records to judge their likely future performance in every walk of life, especially football. So putting any personal bias aside, why wouldn't we do it with Eddie in this scenario. History suggests he isn't good at the defensive side of the game (in the PL at least), and every season barre last season supports this. 

Do you think all things being equal we’ve underachieved this season?

Just now, Yorkie said:

Well we're in 7th now so it's in our hands. We just need to beat a dodgy team thats got nothing to play for. The season hasn't been 'done' at any single point. 

We weren't arsed about where we finished, if we were, we'd have done deals in jan. Couple of signings and we'd have finished 5th, not scraping 7th (it'll be 8th)