Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Agreed, if it repeatedly happens, sure. But one bad summer shouldn’t spark a revolt in the fan base. It’s just fucking childish.

Aye, but you're using over the same over the top language there. There wouldn't be a fan revolt, that's not remotely realistic. Criticism? Absolutely, and it's fully warranted

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Aye, but you're using over the same over the top language there. There wouldn't be a fan revolt, that's not remotely realistic. Criticism? Absolutely, and it's fully warranted

Have you seen the state of Twitter this morning? “Heads need to roll”… sounds like the start of a pathetic revolt to me.

Criticism is fine and as things stand, warranted, but the messages to Eales and Rueben… it’s pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Have you seen the state of Twitter this morning? “Heads need to roll”… sounds like the start of a pathetic revolt to me.

Criticism is fine and as things stand, warranted, but the messages to Eales and Rueben… it’s pathetic.

That's not what a revolt is though. You're talking about people going overboard and then doing the same thing :lol: Daft shites on Twitter will always be daft shites and don't represent the majority of fans, even then they're not going to all stop supporting the club or anything approaching that en masse. That lot couldn't bother their arses to do it under Ashley for 14 years, they're not going to do it now. They'll bitch and moan online and that'll be as far as it goes. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

44 minutes ago, TRon said:

Howe himself seems to be pretty pissed at not having got at least a new CB in. Looks like he's giving interviews through gritted teeth in the last couple of weeks.

Maybees he's just sick of the press group asking shit stirring questions. 

43 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

This is just a ridiculous framing of it tbh. To suggest that being critical of what's happened in this transfer window is 'a crying mob demanding instant gratification' when Howe himself has admitted it's been shite is a deliberate misrepresentation of completely valid criticisms to try and disregard them as petty entitlement. 

The surprise you have for me not being part of a crying mob demanding instant gratification is mutually held for you in terms of me being surprised you'd resort to such utter tosh. 

In my defence, today of all days is tosh day. 

From today's prezza:

"We’re working well, in respect of our relationships. I think that is fine, there are no issues there. Of course, turning that into transfers, I’ve said all summer that I’m not involved in negotiations for players, that is separate to me. So, hopefully, that answers the question.

'You have to understand that in the majority of the other windows, the whole structure of the club has been different, so that is not necessarily a criticism of the structure we have now. There are different personalities and there’s a different way of working now. Yes, it probably has been the most hands off I’ve been, but that’s not necessarily a negative.’

He added: ‘All together we want to find the right solutions, but they have to be the right solutions. The worst thing we could do is bring the wrong players into the football club. That would cause harm for a long time, so it’s always about the right players.

‘It's never about one player, we've tried for numerous players. But there's not a bottomless pit of names. There's probably four or five players that you go through and, once you get to the end of that, you're then going, is this player of sufficient quality?"

When asked about the mood of the stressing room:

"If I’m being honest, it probably mirrors the narrative created and it’s my job to shape that in the most powerful way that I can,’

'What I mean by that is there’s been a number of unsettled players during this window. It’s not been a clear window for us in terms of just bringing players in. It’s been difficult the other way as well. So I think once the window shuts we’ll have clarity. The players will have clarity. “Right, we’re all here now together for the same aim”, and then I’d like to think we will all go together until January in the pursuit of excellence and in the pursuit of success.

'We have some brilliant characters in the squad and a great changing room, so there is no criticism of the changing room. It’s just it has been unsettling. That’s always difficult when the situation is like that."

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

Makes you wonder why we didn't pay tosin higher wages to makesure we got him through the door. 

When our alternative was to howk 65 million on Guehi. 

Well, its wages and signing on fee and agent fee that probably went above and beyond what we wanted to pay. Or, he just wanted to stay in London to go to Chelsea. 

Just now, Kanji said:

Well, its wages and signing on fee and agent fee that probably went above and beyond what we wanted to pay. Or, he just wanted to stay in London to go to Chelsea. 

From reports chelsea didn't offer a great deal more on wages but we refused to match them. 

If we signed Guehi you'd expect him to be top earner with the price of the transfer. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Would have also probably made him the highest earning player at the club behind Bruno.  So I'm sure that would have totally broken our wage bill structure. 

A free saves a boat load in other areas though. We might of even getting a right winger aswell. 

Had to turn off the press conference about 15 minutes in! Same question regurgitated by the reporters time and time again just phrased slightly differently. It's their fucking job and they all just ask the same thing over and over. Could see Howe was getting frustrated with it 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

A free saves a boat load in other areas though. We might of even getting a right winger aswell. 

But then if we are struggling with our wage bill against turnover already and we suddenly start paying all our current top players £150k a week plus and new signings similar.  Then how does that work?

I would have liked us to get Tosin.  Even using hindsight.  Do I think we should have broken our wage structure and paid him wages well above his ability?  No. 

What he omits from his narrative, or what wasn’t asked, was an explanation as to why the club felt there were only 4 or 5 attainable targets to improve the playing staff - not least when the club have paid (presumably) high dollar for one of the allegedly greatest scouting minds in the modern game. 

That’s part of why I say “gaslit” - I don’t think what Howe and the club are saying stands up to any journalistically responsible level of scrutiny. 

It can’t be stated clearly enough: the club has failed its objective of improving the playing staff for this season. That’s a serious failure and one which forms and unhelpful narrative about this season when we really could have done without one on the back of a previous season full of pretty bad narratives.

As a result, the sentiment around the club - and apparently inside judging by what he’s said - is needlessly and avoidably negative. In my view it’s a stupid and irresponsible risk.

27 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

From today's prezza:

"We’re working well, in respect of our relationships. I think that is fine, there are no issues there. Of course, turning that into transfers, I’ve said all summer that I’m not involved in negotiations for players, that is separate to me. So, hopefully, that answers the question.

'You have to understand that in the majority of the other windows, the whole structure of the club has been different, so that is not necessarily a criticism of the structure we have now. There are different personalities and there’s a different way of working now. Yes, it probably has been the most hands off I’ve been, but that’s not necessarily a negative.’

He added: ‘All together we want to find the right solutions, but they have to be the right solutions. The worst thing we could do is bring the wrong players into the football club. That would cause harm for a long time, so it’s always about the right players.

‘It's never about one player, we've tried for numerous players. But there's not a bottomless pit of names. There's probably four or five players that you go through and, once you get to the end of that, you're then going, is this player of sufficient quality?"

When asked about the mood of the stressing room:

"If I’m being honest, it probably mirrors the narrative created and it’s my job to shape that in the most powerful way that I can,’

'What I mean by that is there’s been a number of unsettled players during this window. It’s not been a clear window for us in terms of just bringing players in. It’s been difficult the other way as well. So I think once the window shuts we’ll have clarity. The players will have clarity. “Right, we’re all here now together for the same aim”, and then I’d like to think we will all go together until January in the pursuit of excellence and in the pursuit of success.

'We have some brilliant characters in the squad and a great changing room, so there is no criticism of the changing room. It’s just it has been unsettling. That’s always difficult when the situation is like that."

He’s saying a lot of things that others have said on here all summer tbh. And if we have tried for numerous other players and not signed one then that is a failure.

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

What he omits from his narrative, or what wasn’t asked, was an explanation as to why the club felt there were only 4 or 5 attainable targets to improve the playing staff - not least when the club have paid (presumably) high dollar for one of the allegedly greatest scouting minds in the modern game. 

That’s part of why I say “gaslit” - I don’t think what Howe and the club are saying stands up to any journalistically responsible level of scrutiny. 

It can’t be stated clearly enough: the club has failed its objective of improving the playing staff for this season. That’s a serious failure and one which forms and unhelpful narrative about this season when we really could have done without one on the back of a previous season full of pretty bad narratives.

As a result, the sentiment around the club - and apparently inside judging by what he’s said - is needlessly and avoidably negative. In my view it’s a stupid and irresponsible risk.

Your right, but let’s be honest with ourselves we can’t even find a new site for the training ground, we clear lack o lot of competency in a lot of areas. Have our youth teams even got managers or is that something else pending to do? 

Hand on heart we lack direction and leadership and are struggling to live u pro the grandiose statements that have been made. 

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Good post.

It is just my interpretation, but from those quotes from Eddie, I take it as:

Howe was resolute about bringing in quality

Other figures brought options to him but he wasn't keen on them

Any negotiations aren't handled by him, so the negotiation 'blame' (in relation to Guehi) doesn't sit at Howe's door

Gordon and Tripps have probably been unsettled by speculation around them leaving