Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

We've had this coming.

No plan going forward and we look shaky at the back. 

Same issues in midfield for about 18 months. Isak isolated.

Really hope he turns these performances around, but we've not looked like a unit for quite some time, even if the results have been good.

Both visual performances and underlying numbers this season have not been good. It's a small sample, but we're in the bottom half, and we're fortunate to have 10 points. Howe has arrested periods like this before (last season's match against Liverpool was peak dreadful), but the current environment at the club makes me worried for both him and us.

He’s being stubborn and it’s going to cost him. 

Something clearly broken on training ground too, as we are so poor with the ball, and players look switched off more than they’ve ever been. 

We’ll be stuck in a hard place, as even if club were inclined to wanting rid, whilst England job is available, they won’t make such a move as the chance of some compensation could be there (or even a mutual £0 agreement).

I'm devastated to feel this way and hope to god he proves me wrong, starting with this 2nd half, but I've very little faith he can turn this around and/or breath life into us in terms of these performances. I expect us to perform terribly in away matches and that's, like, shite. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm devastated to feel this way and hope to god he proves me wrong, starting with this 2nd half, but I've very little faith he can turn this around and/or breath new life into us in terms of these performances. I expect us to perform terribly in away matches and that's, like, shite. :lol:

He looks out of ideas tbh. 

Feel like that was coming based on the recent run of crap first half performances.

Much more of a mountain to climb than Bournemouth and Wolves to salvage this one, he'll really earn his money second half if we can salvage something from this.

Feels like we used to start strongly in a lot of games and this season we've been sluggish at best, shite at worst starting off in every league game (Forest cup the odd one out).

We are playing shite and have far to many not on form this game bruno joelinton Gordon isak could easily of been left out on form and fitness issues. Then we have tonali who's fit left on the bench poor hall keeps getting dropped. 

We've been shit for 10 months. Not sure why people are surprised about today or any of the performances this season so far. Feel like we're limping on with no urgency to address any of the issues.

Maybe a loss might wake these fuckers up, or take hold of their season otherwise there is only one person who will take the fall here.  

The Midfield balance was all over the place and he didn't get much right in the first half (again) thought we needed to be more proactive after the goal and get Tonali on but he waited too long and we lost momentum, his lucky streak has ran out and now we really need to get fucking playing.

Why can't he fucking just start Tonali? he was a better fit for this game than Willock and we would've moaned less at least.

Losing fucking patience now.

Been poor for a season and a half now, he had the benefit of the doubt, and credit in the bank last season. Zero excuses for how we have played this season, absolutely all on him now.

As far as I’m concerned, he’s lost his credit in the bank now. I’m not saying Howe out, but he no longer gets the ‘The way he turned us around, so we should stick by him’ defence.

Edited by Stifler

Just now, Stifler said:

Losing fucking patience now.

Been poor for a season and a half now, he had the benefit of the doubt, and credit in the bank last season. Zero excuses for how we have played this season, absolutely all on him now.

he wasn’t backed at all in the transfer window. Had a number of key players heads turned and shopped around. Has been undermined by the senior executives at the club at all points. I feel like his days are numbered and Mitchell and Eales will want their own man in charge. 

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The Midfield balance was all over the place and he didn't get much right in the first half (again) thought we needed to be more proactive after the goal and get Tonali on but he waited too long and we lost momentum, his lucky streak has ran out and now we really need to get fucking playing.

Why can't he fucking just start Tonali? he was a better fit for this game than Willock and we would've moaned less at least.

The latter might be due to squad hierarchy?

Is there any reason for not playing our best (maybe second best) player? He was immense for Italy in the international break.. The Italy coach saw no problem in starting him, obviously. Would any top coach in Europe have him on the bench this game?

Edited by Erikse