Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Mahoneys Tache said:

The Saudis will not fuck about if they are unhappy with things. Howe will get the bullet. I think it would be a bad decision but they don’t give a twat what I think.  I expect that they will have clear expectations and will not be particularly flexible or forgiving. 

We have no idea how the Saudis think.

2 minutes ago, La Parka said:

I imagine if you don't have trips onside you'll lose a lot of the dressing room. Change of captain doesn't appear to have had anything but a negative effect. 

I could see the arguments for why it was done but I did think to myself today what negative impact this may have had. For me Bruno leads through his ability and quality of performance but if he isn't playing well what does he lead with. Trippier was quite clearly organising and talking lots at full back. I generally think it's better to have deeper lying players as captain anyways such as defenders (but I am biased).

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not selling our best players is potentially a part of the problem - as counterintuitive as it feels to even write that.  At some point we need to bring in big money on sales in order to kick on - otherwise we can’t sign anyone and we run the risk of going stale 

Also players who are worth a bit today might not be tomorrow. Gordon has 18 months left on his contract. I have no doubts he's still a very good player, but if he's had his head turned by a move to his boyhood club, then some hard decisions need to be made. Everything has a window, this game doesn't stand still and with this current bunch of players we have to do well this season or players will be leaving, either by their own choice or by the club's.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Also players who are worth a bit today might not be tomorrow. Gordon has 18 months left on his contract. I have no doubts he's still a very good player, but if he's had his head turned by a move to his boyhood club, then some hard decisions need to be made. Everything has a window, this game doesn't stand still and with this current bunch of players we have to do well this season or players will be leaving, either by their own choice or by the club's.

There's no way Gordon only has 18 months left on his deal

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, unless I’m misremembering Staveley talked about five-year plans at the end of which we’d be competing at the top.  Three years into that I’d expect that we’d be pushing for European spots. 

I think we need to forget Staveley and her 5 year plan in year 0.  

Different leadership. Sounds like we are heading towards some type of project reset. 

10 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

The Saudis will not fuck about if they are unhappy with things. Howe will get the bullet. I think it would be a bad decision but they don’t give a twat what I think.  I expect that they will have clear expectations and will not be particularly flexible or forgiving. 

Will they be asking difficult questions?

Instead of being ‘good at playing the media’ Howe needs to actually address whatever the issues are in a frank and positive way. He increasingly feel like less than a relevant figure to be honest, the horrible cunts that own us will just hire some other shill that likes to play from the back or whatever it is.

Good  isn’t it, football.

Just now, Hovagod said:

Instead of being ‘good at playing the media’ Howe needs to actually address whatever the issues are in a frank and positive way. He increasingly feel like less than a relevant figure to be honest, the horrible cunts that own us will just hire some other shill that likes to play from the back or whatever it is.

Good  isn’t it, football.

Howe has a bit of the political nature of Rafa. Doesnt mind playing internal club politics in the media if he thinks the results will be favourable. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Btw a proper DoF should be able to execute a 5-year plan. Has Mitchell done a job for 5 years?

That's why you need a five year plan in place though, to be able to replace top executives, managers and players with the minimum disruption 

5 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Wonder if Eddie might start looking at the England job more seriously with all this  Mitchell and Eales watching over him every game

FWIW I think he'd be excellent for that role.

Want to keep him though, he's wors. :lol:

I’ve always said that I thought he’s defensively naive. His Bournemouth teams were very Jekyll, and Hyde, they could beat a top 6 team 3-0 one weekend, then lose 4-0 to some average clogger team. It seemed to be attack or nothing. The high pressing he got us doing in his first full season with us was something else, and made me think that at Bournemouth maybe he just didn’t have the players.

However what we have saw last season, and this season is nothing like that. We don’t press teams at all, and we are frequently not winning the 1st ball, or the 2nd. We are often relying on the other team not taking their chance to gain possession back.

Defensively we are none existent, and I’m starting to believe that our defensive work in that 4th placed season is an exception to the rule for Howe’s teams, and not the rule that he’s had but without the team to execute it.

I’m quick enough on here to have a go at Ange at Spurs for him just willingly allow the high line to be exploited, and how I think that will be his downfall. I have to be fair and think Howe’s downfall is going to be similar.

In all honesty we are getting a few games into the season now, teams are clicking. If we are honest with ourselves, we haven’t really been worse off in terms of 1st team player availability, or even players late coming back from the Euro’s compared to many other clubs. The excuse that they haven’t had a break, or been able to spend as much time with each other as other teams is not really holding out. We have also had an international break where he has been able to try and reset the squad, and another straight week this last week gone. A season and some bit into a 2nd season gone now, and we are in a position where things don’t need to click for us, things need to change. 
As I said in an earlier post, Howe’s credit in the bank from his 1st 18 months has disappeared, and I’m no longer able to say that the change we need isn’t Howe. It’s up to Howe now to prove that it isn’t. 

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Howe has a bit of the political nature of Rafa. Doesnt mind playing internal club politics in the media if he thinks the results will be favourable. 

That interview he did just after Mitchell came in and prior to them even sitting down to discuss things, was not a smart move.

It invited all of the speculation that has come since then and probably also put Mitchell on the defensive right off the bat. It has all ultimately led to a bad vibe around the place.

Not sure what on Earth it was meant to achieve, but it's going to make things difficult for him going forward.

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Rafa lost in the end though.

Once we got back into the Premier League, Ashley never gave a shit, and Rafa only got given just enough false promises to make him last through each season.

The people in charge now won’t play any game. A deal with Adidas here, stadium plans ‘imminently’ there, the evidence of development happening in the woman’s game there, similar with the Academy there. They will be able to point at many aspects of the club improving, then point to Howe and say he’s a problem, and they will be able to sack him without much in the way of dispute from the fans.

11 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Wonder if Eddie might start looking at the England job more seriously with all this  Mitchell and Eales watching over him every game

I’m not sure England have that much of an interest in him tbh.