Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Been a big supporter of Howe since he's arrived and up until this summer, I think he's gotten most everything right. He's done a phenomenal job changing the culture and getting everything moving in the right direction. A thoroughly good and competent man. 

BUT

It's all gone very stale and he doesn't seem to have any other way of playing or managing to change things around. Loyalty turns to complacency quickly. To whatever extent you want to blame him for the summer, that was a huge problem as well. This is becoming a crisis. We need significant change and soon, or we will need a new manager by the end of February.

Edited by Memphis

It's getting harder and harder to defend this absolute fucking twaddle he's spinning up away from home, like. It's awful to watch, he isn't getting the best out of most of the players and he won't change the system. 

1 minute ago, Memphis said:

Been a big supporter of Howe since he's arrived and up until this summer, I think he's gotten most everything right. He's done a phenomenal job changing the culture and getting everything moving in the right direction. A thoroughly good and competent man. 

BUT

It's all gone very stale and he doesn't seem to have any other way of playing or managing to change things around. Loyalty turns to complacency quickly. To whatever extent you want to blame him for the summer, that was a huge problem as well. This is becoming a crisis. We need significant change and soon, or we will need a new manager by the end of February.

But I was told it's just the injuries and we'll be okay when players come back

I'd still far prefer him to stay there are benefits too patience and we know he can set us up well but so disappointing we haven't bounced back following last season. Whoever is too blame the shit transfer window fucked this season. That stupid Australia tour may have fucked conditioning up a bit too. The players seem half as interested. You have got to change things continuously to keep teams fresh and i am not sure howe understands that...

Lost faith in him as the long term option today, could he turn this around to see us finish 7th-8th yeah possibly but he is so beyond out of ideas and so stubborn.

I don't think I can trust him in the transfer market anymore either.

Deserved to be starting this season but in terms of tactics I have no faith in him anymore.

Still though, nobody can take away from him some of the brilliant football he gave us before things turned stale.

Just don't think he's tactically good enough can't change a game when the opposition tweak things. 

I think the players have lost confidence In his system that's why so many are off form. 

I think he will go after Arsenal game, looks clueless how to change it and can't see us beating Chelsea or Arsenal at home.

We are barely putting up a fight and not hurting teams at all. Just incredible levels of shit

He really needs to re-think the way the midfield are set up. They offer no protection to the defence, and no link up play for the attack.

On today's game, Eddie has been let down by moments of sheer ridiculousness, but we also look quite devoid of any coherent plan

5 minutes ago, Memphis said:

BUT

Not wait until February if he is going to go as if they want a new manager they will want to give him the money within the transfer window now x

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Has to sort this midfield / system out.

He does but how much time does he need Heron. Sadly this is not a new problem.So can he even sort it? I’m not sure he can, as he would have by now.

Edited by PauloGeordio

Just now, SiLvOR said:

He really needs to re-think the way the midfield are set up. They offer no protection to the defence, and no link up play for the attack.

On today's game, Eddie has been let down by moments of sheer ridiculousness, but we also look quite devoid of any coherent plan

We never seem to have the space other teams do and convinced it's because we are slow as shit with the ball and our movement is shit

Doss he set an alarm for the 65 minute subs or does he submit them before the game? Quite a coincidence that the changes are needed at the same time to the second every match. 

6 hours ago, Maggies said:

I’m torn between:

1) he deserves this season as still has enough credit in the bank, is a good manager, and it feels like the right thing to do

against…

2) I just can’t see us becoming a regular top 4 side who wins trophies with him in charge. He seems too loyal and too stubborn to how modern successful clubs operate

While we’re still in both cups and could finish top 6 then deserves that chance.

Yeah, we’re not finishing top 6 this season with Howe in charge. All down to the cups. Must win on Wednesday.

I used to have full faith in him, and I still do mostly, but I go into every away game without any confidence of a win. We are serving up some very concerning away performances which display a general lack of basic competence. And yes the team needs a massive refresh, but no explanation has been provided for the summer window even as we're nearly into November.