Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Dokko said:

You also can't go weeks without making a decision whilst games tick away. They'll learnt this the hard way sooner and more catastrophic than they'd imagined when buying the club.  

So they're going to change their whole current process of speaking to and interviewing managers on a wing and a prayer? I agree they can't go weeks and I fully expect we will have an announcement this week.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

So they're going to change their whole current process of speaking to and interviewing managers on a wing and a prayer? I agree they can't go weeks and I fully expect we will have an announcement this week.

Nobody knows whether they are just winging it. More than likely they are due to the nature of the sale. The longer this goes on the bigger the decision and the more likely managers will look at our position and think its too much of a risk. Even if its someone in till the end of the season, it has to be done sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Nobody knows whether they are just winging it. More than likely they are due to the nature of the sale. The longer this goes on the bigger the decision and the more likely managers will look at our position and think its too much of a risk. Even if its someone in till the end of the season, it has to be done sooner rather than later.

So why wait for Rafa then which was the point you made to which I answered to? 

56 minutes ago, manorpark said:

As  I am sure you are aware of from the Takeover Thread, I was aware that PIF never withdrew their bid to anyone in the Consortium, they only "said" it for public consumption. 

Throughout the 18 months I repeatedly said that the success of the Takeover was completely inevitable, because of the calibre of our buyers, Reubens, PIF and PCP. They have bought us as a consortium, not as three individual groups.

That is one of the differences between you and I - I said what was inevitable before it happened, not after the event !!!

The "calibre" of the consortium and its constituent members has not changed, so do not get concerned about it - this  is only the beginning of a VERY long journey.

I find it very hard to believe that you were aware that PIF never withdrew. You may have formed that opinion, as did I and stated it on here many times before the event, but that does not mean you were aware of the fact.

The difference between you and me (other than knowing that "you and I" is hypercorrection in that context), is that I speculated that PIF might still be involved but also acknowledged other possibilities. On the other hand you continually stated your opinion as fact, which it was not, it was your opinion, even if it was eventually shown to be correct.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Interim always seemed like the best choice. Just as hard finding the right and willing person for that too. It's not as simple as hiring someone. Especially when they have everything else to get in order at the club. DoF is the most important position to finalize, then their choice of manager. If that means an interim manager is needed to allow them more time for that then it's the way to go. 

Despite press flapping, I doubt the new owners are lacking for interested candidates. Anyone will fancy picking up a few points before January where they know they will potentially have a huge spending scope to improve and the project of a lifetime after.

If we don't have anyone in place during the international break I will be disappointed. Not panicked at all yet though. Taking time is only a good thing.

I feel that their primary target or targets are either unavailable or unwilling. Therefore they are trying to see if Graeme Jones has it in him to keep the club up as they do not wish to compromise. Ideally they want to wait till summer and see if any of their top target is available. If Graeme Jones is able to show signs that he can keep the club up, the job is his till end of season. If the club is still in danger by december, they will be forced into making a short term appointment and look into paying him off after he keeps Newcastle up and make a long term appointment in summer.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

So why wait for Rafa then which was the point you made to which I answered to? 

Rafa was on the brochure and where it all started. It's an easy call for them if he suddenly become available. If he were free right now he'd have had the Tottenham game. 

12 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

And I got chastised for wanting speed!

And called a c U ...T

Its because you wanted (expected) it too soon. Not even prepared to give them the last 7 days to make the correct and best decision. 

If you were doing it now then sure. It has to be made this week, absolutely has to. It can't go on forever. I also think it'll happen this week. 

Most of all it was the way you were going on about it, too soon and without knowing what was going on in the background and moaning like a kid. 

It wasn't just about you wanting speed either. It was your damn attitude, like almost writing the new owners off in a way, despite them just coming to our club. 

Edited by Ikon

Definitely think we need an interim manager. Someone who’ll just pull us out the shite this season. Get rid of the steve’s and Graeme . Fresh start so we keep our premier league status. Not sure who though.🤔

Going to take a brave and extremely confident manager to take this on. Either that or an unproven punt on someone. 

I don’t see any belief in the side at the minute. That last minute penalty at home to Soton and the 2 points thrown away at Watford are looking huge right now.

14 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Rafa was on the brochure and where it all started. It's an easy call for them if he suddenly become available. If he were free right now he'd have had the Tottenham game. 

That's not the point, you're going on about time, it could be weeks and months before he is maybe available. Which is exactly the point I was making, you can't hold out appointing someone on a wing and a prayer.

16 minutes ago, Misa said:

I feel that their primary target or targets are either unavailable or unwilling. Therefore they are trying to see if Graeme Jones has it in him to keep the club up as they do not wish to compromise. Ideally they want to wait till summer and see if any of their top target is available. If Graeme Jones is able to show signs that he can keep the club up, the job is his till end of season. If the club is still in danger by december, they will be forced into making a short term appointment and look into paying him off after he keeps Newcastle up and make a long term appointment in summer.

The last two games have already answered that question. We are going down under Jones.

why does it need to be an interim manager?   If MSM as what this board seems to refer to - then Favre and Fonseca both want the role?  Im sure this week the announcements will be made and then we can hopefully focus on the task in hand, which is a slow recovery (as if we have more than 13 points before Jan, I will be amazed).   It is a dire situation but we are all assuming that we will not get anything off the top 6 sides late in season.  Depends on how well the new manager does.  We just have to be better than 2 teams now as Norwich will be relegated.     

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

That's not the point, you're going on about time, it could be weeks and months before he is maybe available. Which is exactly the point I was making, you can't hold out appointing someone on a wing and a prayer.

I think you are confusing your point with anything I've actually said. 

47 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I find it very hard to believe that you were aware that PIF never withdrew. You may have formed that opinion, as did I and stated it on here many times before the event, but that does not mean you were aware of the fact.

The difference between you and me (other than knowing that "you and I" is hypercorrection in that context), is that I speculated that PIF might still be involved but also acknowledged other possibilities. On the other hand you continually stated your opinion as fact, which it was not, it was your opinion, even if it was eventually shown to be correct.

OK then, let's just leave it at that !!!

49 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Not to say Manorpark knew factually or not, but you are doing the very same thing you are complaining about here. Saying something is fact when you have no idea of actually knowing if Manorpark knew or not. Some people will have known for a variety of reasons. Not really adding anything to whatever the discussion was, just wanted to point that out.

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

Not to say Manorpark knew factually or not, but you are doing the very same thing you are complaining about here. Saying something is fact when you have no idea of actually knowing if Manorpark knew or not. Some people will have known for a variety of reasons. Not really adding anything to whatever the discussion was, just wanted to point that out.

You have a point. I still find it hard to believe that anyone outside of a very small circle knew that, but that doesn't mean I'm completely discounting that possibility.