Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

32 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Bruce is such a cunt.

Speaking of that gormless prick, remember how often he'd hark on that he wanted to play a back four, but "The players arnt suited to it and can only play in a back 5".

Anyone noticed what formation Howe has played in the last five games in which we've conceded only 3 goals and had 2 clean sheets?

Just now, nbthree3 said:

Has some nice quotes from the programme last week https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-captain-jamaal-lascelles-revealing-behind-the-scenes-insight-3572827

Jamaal Lascelles, in his programme column for last weekend’s 1-0 win over Aston Villa, said Howe was the “first one into the training ground, doesn't go home until late at night”.

“He puts absolutely everything into us doing well on a matchday,” said Newcastle’s captain. “You can see how much effort and passion and love he puts into the job.”

This is more a full-time job, and Howe has set the tone at the club with his work ethic. The club’s players and staff are working hard – and the team’s getting results.

Howe’s predecessor didn’t think that there was much that could be done while six of his players were away on international duty, and he angrily responded to a question about his time away from the training ground following a 4-1 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Bruce said: "Do you think I really have to answer that to you? That's what the fans are asking, are they? We have trained all week, and we were in every day. The preparation was meticulous, let me tell you.

"There is nothing more in preparation (that could have been done). What was I supposed to do? We had six of them away. The preparation was fine, absolutely fine, and we’ve been in all week. You could see the game plan was, what we worked to.”

Of all of the Shit Bruce came out with in his time here, this was the most unforgivable for me. Going on holiday after a horrible, winless start start to the season... and giving his reason as "what am I supposed to do? we had six of them away" unbelievable, how about coach the fucking squad you fat prick. Its not even like our big hitters were away.

Jamal Lewis- glued to the bench

Schar- was benched for Clark....:anguish:

Fraser- told he couldnt get into the side unless he learned to play a box to box midfielder role [emoji38]

Hendrick- never used

Almiron and Krafth were the only ones in and around the first team. he tried to make it seem like it was just a few under 23 lads hanging around the training ground. God i hate that stupid cunt with a passion. still boils my blood.

Football365 are renowned for not having a clue, aren't they? Not a chance the owners would sit back and hear the fans supporting Howe, the team winning 3 on the bounce, and think Mourinho is the answer. There isn't even a question at the moment. 

Just now, 54 said:

Speaking of that gormless prick, remember how often he'd hark on that he wanted to play a back four, but "The players arnt suited to it and can only play in a back 5".

Anyone noticed what formation Howe has played in the last five games in which we've conceded only 3 goals and had 2 clean sheets?

He's from the same school of thought as that other brainless dunce Pardew. want to improve the defense? throw another CB on the pitch. Front foot attacking football? more strikers on the pitch for fret.

No actual thought to tactics, positioning, transitions, patterns of the play etc. 

Which player is going to be inspired by Bruce to become better? They’re looking at a guy who’s gone to seed who has no ambition other than to stay on the gravy train for as long as possible. With Howe, he’s setting a model for everyone in the club to follow. It’s amazing how simply someone with those standards can change the tone of the environment. It’s not just that he’s better in every facet of the game than Bruce and the PFM counterparts but he genuinely loves the job and wants to be the best he can be. Who else can you say that about? Only the top guys like Rafa, Guardiola etc. Howe’s attitude is the best thing about him, it’s positive and it’s flowing through the whole team now 

50 minutes ago, Palestoon said:

Bit of an exaggeration [emoji38] but Bruce mentioned in an interview that Fraser was working on being a number 8 to fit into the formation if he wanted to get minutes

"I've got the perfect position for you wee man. Stick these gloves on and get between the posts"

4 hours ago, Palestoon said:

Bit of an exaggeration [emoji38] but Bruce mentioned in an interview that Fraser was working on being a number 8 to fit into the formation if he wanted to get minutes

Sure it wasn't,  'was working on feeding Bruce After Eights to fit into the abomination if he wanted to get minutes'?

19 hours ago, LRD said:

Missed that. Wtf was that about? :lol:

just found this in the latest athletic article about Fraser. Knew i hadn't imagined this [emoji38]

Eventually, once Bruce was regularly deploying a 5-3-2 system, Fraser tried to “learn how to play” as a No 8 during pre-season last summer to “try and get into the team”. “I don’t really fit in the formation, in a way, but you can always fit yourself into it,” he said in August. “I’m asking the coaches, ‘Look, if you see me playing as an eight, I need to be taught it’.”

Incredibly impressed by how much of a transformation he's overseen in the way we play.

CBs who are happy to keep the ball and play around a little. Players who make runs to create space for others in the final third.

We actually look like a team that does things in training during the week to help us in games. Mental.

We look so much better for it defensively, too. Lot of people worried about him not being who we needed at the time given our defensive struggles but not just conceding possession immediately when you have it is so important. Villa game was a great example. We didn't just retreat and put everyone behind the ball the last 10 minutes, we actually kept playing and the result was Villa never got a sniff.

Hopefully we can go on and get a result today but this is hugely impressive stuff nonetheless IMO. Really exciting the prospect of seeing this team with some quality in the attacking positions. Wood, Fraser and Murphy are all pretty pedestrian at this level and yet we're still producing some good stuff.