Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Proud of the progress hes made for us. Thanks for helping us witness a cup final again and have faith in him keeping heads from dropping for the rest of the season, top 6 and it’s an amazing season all round. 

Edited by Nine

We need to work on set pieces and movement going forwards but you just know that he will be. He’s doing miracles with this squad, when Man U are bringing hundreds of millions of pounds of talent off bench, he’s bringing players that were with us in the Championship 6 years ago. He has to make some big calls though with the starting 11. Wilsons been shocking since the WC and only seems to be getting worse and Burn isn’t a left back with Targett ready to come back. 

image.thumb.png.bc86fc63ea87978ad34668cf86236728.png

Will say one thing, I’m not sure this approach of sending all of our attacking play down the right is sustainable long term. It was great when Miggy was having his purple patch but when he’s not on it or the opponent has worked him out it really doesn’t work as we have seen this year so far.

ASM is mostly isolated when he gets the ball too so it’s no surprise when it looks like hard work for him.

I think it’s time to take Miggy out for a bit tbh. He was maddening today.

Bit worried as there does seem to be a trend of Eddie Howe’s team’s not carrying great form in to the second part of the season if I remember correctly. Hopefully that’s just because at Bournemouth he was operating on a limited budget with players that were playing for him in league one.

9 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Bit worried as there does seem to be a trend of Eddie Howe’s team’s not carrying great form in to the second part of the season if I remember correctly. Hopefully that’s just because at Bournemouth he was operating on a limited budget with players that were playing for him in league one.

We were top 4 in the second half last season.

4 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

We were top 4 in the second half last season.

He didn’t manage the first half last year in fairness.  Though I think the WC break this season has a big part to play.

That Howe has this squad where it is speaks volumes.  He’s been the perfect man for the role - I think he’s one of those managers who are smart enough to learn from everything.  I don’t doubt today will hurt him, but if (when!) we get to another final with him, he’ll take shitloads of learnings from today and make sure he implements them.  The man inspires complete confidence from me

Edited by TheBrownBottle

39 minutes ago, Smal said:

image.thumb.png.bc86fc63ea87978ad34668cf86236728.png

Will say one thing, I’m not sure this approach of sending all of our attacking play down the right is sustainable long term. It was great when Miggy was having his purple patch but when he’s not on it or the opponent has worked him out it really doesn’t work as we have seen this year so far.

ASM is mostly isolated when he gets the ball too so it’s no surprise when it looks like hard work for him.

I think it’s time to take Miggy out for a bit tbh. He was maddening today.

Totally agree, it’s been figured out pretty much 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

He didn’t manage the first half in fairness.  Though I think the WC break has a big part to play.

That how has this squad where it is speaks volumes.  He’s been the perfect man for the role - I think he’s one of those managers who are smart enough to learn from everything.  I don’t doubt today will hurt him, but if (when!) we get to another final with him, he’ll take shitloads of learnings from today and make sure he implements them.  The man inspires complete confidence from me

He took over with a quarter of the season played out. We kept up form through most of 2022.

2 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Totally agree, it’s been figured out pretty much 

Teams have mostly been playing deep against us since the world cup restart tbh and  it makes Miggy and Wilson much more ineffective. We have to work on some new patterns of play.

Like, I haven’t seen the Bruno clipped ball over the top for Almiron for ages, or even much of Trippier’s through balls for him.

Edited by Smal

He's done an incredible job far beyond expectations this season. The real test is in the summer window now. We need to have lots of options, more attacking threat, and most importantly not lose Bruno or any of the other key players. Up to the board to back him to the hilt, especially as their naivety in the transfer market should be gone now.

Just now, Smal said:

Teams have mostly been playing deep against us since the world cup restart tbh and  it makes Miggy and Wilson much more ineffective. We have to work on some new patterns of play.

I think getting Targett back with ASM can open up more avenues for us. 

Gutted for Eddie Howe, think the work he's done in the last 16 months deserved a positive outcome but wasn't to be

Hopefully with the final out of the way we can attack these 15 games with a bit more freedom 

Then in the summer the owners need to back him, give 2-3 top players at least 

Just now, Sempiternal said:

I think getting Targett back with ASM can open up more avenues for us. 

yeah maybe, but I feel like if we're going to play more attacking full backs on both sides then we probably should've signed a more defensive DM so we're not exposing the CBs.