Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Deserves it (baring in mind its only based on the PL, re Pep).

Sure he'd just as soon fly under the radar as I've found suits the way were doing things.

Hope he's recharging somewhere too, he's earned that as well.

image.thumb.png.404089a5b625c45bab631ee08ea25b4c.png

Didn't know where to put this so just putting it here.

We are the 12th best across the big 5 leagues at creating from set-pieces when adjusted for volume (ie, per attempt). We really need to get better at attacking the ball at these set-pieces next year. 

We could also defend them a lot more efficiently than we do.

We have massive players so we really should be doing better than we managed last season.

• 4 weeks later...

Some of these comments are probably not far from the truth and it remains my only concern about him, potential for burnout. He's undoubtedly one of the finest, brightest and most adaptable coaches operating in world football but often comes across as borderline obsessive. This is great for NUFC in the short and medium-term but long-term, I worry about him burning out. Hard to imagine us without him and his staff.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Some of these comments are probably not far from the truth and it remains my only concern about him, potential for burnout. He's undoubtedly one of the finest, brightest and most adaptable coaches operating in world football but often comes across as borderline obsessive. This is great for NUFC in the short and medium-term but long-term, I worry about him burning out. Hard to imagine us without him and his staff.

He won’t  burn out, his passion/obsession effects him like a dynamo, it feeds him energy. Worry when he slows down! :indi:

50 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

He’s had the same work ethics since becoming a manager and he knows how to cope I’m sure.

He’ll stop working when he’s done working. He has said it over and over, he hasn’t achieved anything yet - certainly not obtained some of his higher end goals and his wife and family know that’s what drives him. It may be to their detriment at times but he’s said it before, his wife knows who she married. 

48 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He’ll stop working when he’s done working. He has said it over and over, he hasn’t achieved anything yet - certainly not obtained some of his higher end goals and his wife and family know that’s what drives him. It may be to their detriment at times but he’s said it before, his wife knows who she married. 

I know why he says that, and ultimately for us sure, but saving Bournemouth from implosion then taking them to the premier league (and staying for for a fair few seasons) was a huge achievement. He is certainly a better coach now, he used the time away well, but I hope he either privately does, or one day give himself huge credit for that.

Edited by Tiresias

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

His wife will have married him FOR that reason, and his looks.

Good lad young Eddie. He got 4th but didn’t win manager of the year. I got 5th and won manager of the year. In a way that evens it out. Both of us great managers. 

I had more plodders in my squad though. See ya later lads. 

Hopefully by the end of the window he has a squad fully in his own image. 

Im finding his squad building and observing his tactics an interesting watch.  I think he’s really doubling down on Plan A. Really physical signings, maybe not as technical as I would like. But Howe’s way has nearly always worked for us so I’m optimistic overall.  I’d like to see him incorporate Tino in the first XI and to see what that means tactically.