Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He’ll learn from this - he’ll make some more ruthless decisions going forward.  

would have liked to see isak + Wilson on to kill them off; would have liked to see Murph on at some point too. 

need to hit the transfer market asap if the Botman injury is serious. 

I love Eddie. Just upset with how pure joy for Sunday turned into pure agony. 

17 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Same people who wanted Barnes to start in place of Gordon now moaning Barnes repleced Gordon

Barnes should have replaced Gordon and Gordon (or Barnes) should have replaced Almiron who was pants. 

18 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Away Toon would likely love nothing more than for him to fail. He was one of the worst during Howe’s early days.

I don't think he's an elite manager and I don't think he'll take us to where the supporters and owner's want us to be. Just my opinion. Hope I'm wrong.

All I can say is that I hope Hall gets his name on the team sheet for our next game. Nunez, from more less the same position, slotted it passed Pope with ease. Marking was terrible. Not us.

Gordon was by far our best player in attack, but otherwise definitely wasn’t working for us elsewhere. 

I think miggy might be out of luck with Murphy playing, but it certainly does seem we do need to strengthen in that area. 

midfield is still a bit all over the place too. I do really feel bad for Anderson who has obviously performed well in pre-season. We don’t have a player like him centrally in midfield. 

I do trust we’ll figure it out. We’ve had some tough games to start with. Obviously were tremendous against Villa. We’re always gonna struggle against City away, but in this game obviously they need to figure it out with more difficult challenges ahead in the season, what we need to change. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Yeah, more than happy for Eddie to learn from this. 

I'm repeating myself but I do hope he drops a player or two for the next game. More so to make a statement rather than any players I have in mind. They need to know that the starting 11 doesn't pick itself, as it appears to.

14 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

No idea who you are or what your tenuous link the club is, but that the second half was genuinely an unacceptable mess due to substitutions that were indefensible. I love Eddie but that was wasn’t good enough and we have a right to say it.

At least he's stayed on this board through the bad times and the good. Where have you been the last however many years Mr Superfan that knows better than everyone else?

Everyone on here loves Eddie, that’s a given. But today really needs to be a catalyst for being ruthless and admitting that front 3 doesn’t work, namely because Almirón despite his efforts isn’t good enough for the level we need to maintain and the midfield is simply too flat. Maddison was the player we desperately needed and whatever reason we didn’t prioritise him.

11 minutes ago, Paullow said:

There's loads of undercover Newcastle fans on RTG, so suspect there will be some on here, but some of these posts are embarrassing. 

There's a Champions League draw coming up on Thursday, and for the first time in over 20 years Newcastle will be a part of it, and Howe was one of the main reasons for that. Crazy stuff.

I am yet to see an embarrassing comment.  Is it not ok to say we (the manager) got it wrong today?

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

Everyone on here loves Eddie, that’s a given. But today really needs to be a catalyst for being ruthless and admitting that front 3 doesn’t work, namely because Almirón despite his efforts isn’t good enough for the level we need to maintain and the midfield is simply too flat. Maddison was the player we desperately needed and whatever reason we didn’t prioritise him.

Almiron who could very well have had a brace today? Where would you even have played Maddison i out starting 433? Or are you saying Howe should have ditched his system thst got us fourth last season? 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Away Toon would disagree 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Worked first game of the season ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 minutes ago, astraguy said:

isak up top on his tod doesn't fucking work,Stop it 

Now this is the truth. Isak is a fine player but he is not a CF and never will be. He's a Nunez using his pace and dribbling from wide to get behind the defense. Howe needs to find a way to play Isak and Wilson together and not by playing Isak as a Left Winger.

Gordon was subbed instead of Miggy because he isn’t as cut out for 90 mins as Miggy is yet, the lad openly talked about how he needed to be fitter to fit within our system/style and no doubt he will get there with some time. 

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

Now this is the truth. Isak is a fine player but he is not a CF and never will be. He's a Nunez using his pace and dribbling from wide to get behind the defense. Howe needs to find a way to play Isak and Wilson together and not by playing Isak as a Left Winger.

Nunez is nothing like that. :lol:

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Gordon was subbed instead of Miggy because he isn’t as cut out for 90 mins as Miggy is yet, the lad openly talked about how he needed to be fitter to fit within our system/style and no doubt he will get there with some time. 

Did you miss what he spent the summer doing? His stamina wasn’t why he was subbed. 

Subs negatively affected us. When Isak is isolated, subbing him for Wilson makes absolutely zero difference. Tonali and Gordon for Longstaff and Barnes also negatively affected us. 

Obviously shielding his players with his comments post match. But game management today was really poor. That second half was lifting.

Almost seems that today Klopp used the 'rope a dope' tactic - Newcastle (and Howe) had no answer for it 2nd half.

As I said in match thread - no panic. Learn the lessons and move on. Trust in the manager - he has taken us this far (top 4 and back into the CL)

Bedwetters can get to fuck.