InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Christ. A bad start against 

Villa

City

Liverpool

Brighton

Give me a break. We'll be fine.

Yes, but we've only had three decent halves out of the eight we've played. We're still obviously going to win more than we lose this season, but we'll be miles off the top four due to lack of any squad depth.

Just now, 54 said:

Im not going to look into this thread for a little while as I know it'll be bad for my blood pressure.

What I will say is two things, anyone calling for him has a screw loose, he has done absolute fucking wonders for this club and three performances won't change that.

Also, while these three performances have been poor, we have had three of the hardest games back to back, and there should be absolutely no pressure on him at this stage at all, from fans or from the board. He has so much credit in the bank it's unreal.

Are you so certain? His great work over nearly two years has apparently bought him only Man City and Liverpool.

This game has been absolute dogshit, and very predictable, mind you. 3-0 richly deserved and hopefully a kick up the ass for everyone.

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

He hasn’t been learning lessons from the previous game. The midfield setup is still easily ceding space behind the lines.  

Same space that threw away a game against 10 men. No lessons learned.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Im not going to look into this thread for a little while as I know it'll be bad for my blood pressure.

What I will say is two things, anyone calling for him has a screw loose, he has done absolute fucking wonders for this club and three performances won't change that.

Also, while these three performances have been poor, we have had three of the hardest games back to back, and there should be absolutely no pressure on him at this stage at all, from fans or from the board. He has so much credit in the bank it's unreal.

There’s no one really calling for his head though is it? But if this level of performances (dropping all 3 pts from being 1-0 up against 10, being outclassed, outpressed, outrun, outpassed against Brighton) it won’t matter what we as fans think. Of course he deserves a chance to turn things around after working wonders but this is has been breathtakingly poor as bad as we’ve seen since the dark days. 

Eddie needs to bed in our summer signings in the international break. I like all our new signings but we haven’t really improved our starting 11 with only Sandro being started. 

Even with that, Tino will never start ahead of trippier and so it’s down to hall and barnes. 

business is looking a bit ropey now.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

He hasn’t been learning lessons from the previous game. The midfield setup is still easily ceding space behind the lines.  

Reminds me a little bit of when he first came in. What he was trying just wasn't working out. Obviously there is good reason to hope that it will click soon enough.

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

We finished 4th last season. We’ve spent £130m to build on that.

Is anyone remotely confident we are capable of finishing top 4 again? Genuine question.

No but I think the owners were expecting the possibility of a blip. Ashworth mentioned it in the doc.

Consolidating in the top 6 should be the realistic goal.

10 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

This isn’t *that* much of an exaggeration, mind. Mike Ashley isn’t in charge any more.

It isn’t soundbite when PIF say they want us to be the best, they genuinely mean it and many more performances like this will see Howe as the transitional manager to give us the platform, before bringing in a proven world class manager.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We finished 4th last season. We’ve spent £130m to build on that.

Is anyone remotely confident we are capable of finishing top 4 again? Genuine question.

No, never thought we would get close to top 4 this season. Don’t think the pressure will be on Howe to deliver it either.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

No but I think the owners were expecting the possibility of a blip. Ashworth mentioned it in the doc.

Consolidating in the top 6 should be the realistic goal.

Realistically (looking at the other teams) we’ll be between 6th and 8th somewhere. Top 4 was never realistic 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

No, never thought we would get close to top 4 this season. Don’t think the pressure will be on Howe to deliver it either.

What’s the aim then, if we’re not capable of challenging for top 4 despite the investment?