Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

What ‘the board’ - ie Amanda and the other cuddlies want doesn’t really matter. Yasir doesn’t do failure. You’ve only got to look at the recent negotiations with the PGA Tour and the acquisition of John Rahm for half a billion. The man gets what he wants and any resistance he’ll just burn your fucking house down. Ruthless.

If the man "gets what he wants" as you say, we'd have a thread on here about the Court case challenging FFP and FMV. There's not and we know we have to work within certain restrictions.

I’m genuinely amazed that people are discussing Howe’s future at the club. 

Im all for criticising mistakes, possible mistakes and performances. But talk of his future at the club? Ffs guys.  

We didn’t sign enough quality in the summer. We are primarily a huff and puff team.  And with all the games, lack of rotation and injuries we can’t huff and puff like we used too.  We need more quality. Howe also needs to be better.  

Eddie will be given time, and deservedly so. He will be given at least another 18 months to prove his credentials. Going out of the CL this season isn’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things. It truly was a free hit to get some valuable experience of playing at the highest level…something which we did remarkably well IMO. We’ve finished bottom but only based on some some fine margins.

I’m not remotely bothered about missing out on the EL either. For this season it was correct to have an all-or-nothing approach to CL qualification.

The next month is critical though. With players coming back we need to solidify a place in the top six and also absolutely MUST win the derby. Ideally we beat Chelsea too as a trophy win really needs to happen pretty soon to get the gigantic monkey off our back.

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I’m genuinely amazed that people are discussing Howe’s future at the club. 

Im all for criticising mistakes, possible mistakes and performances. But talk of his future at the club? Ffs guys.  

We didn’t sign enough quality in the summer. We are primarily a huff and puff team.  And with all the games, lack of rotation and injuries we can’t huff and puff like we used too.  We need more quality. Howe also needs to be better.  

I don't believe any fan wants him out, people are more concerned about the decision making of a bloke willing to splurge 500 trillion Saudicoins on a golfer.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I don't believe any fan wants him out, people are more concerned about the decision making of a bloke willing to splurge 500 trillion Saudicoins on a golfer.

He’s not going to get sacked because he finished 4th in a CL group with Dortmund, Milan and PSG. 

Just think it’s a bit shit that we can’t talk about his shortcomings without talking about him getting the sack. Forget the Saudi’s - that’s just Newcastle fan DNA and heritage and it’s poor. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s not going to get sacked because he finished 4th in a CL group with Dortmund, Milan and PSG. 

Just think it’s a bit shit that we can’t talk about his shortcomings without talking about him getting the sack. Forget the Saudi’s - that’s just Newcastle fan DNA and heritage and it’s poor. 

Doesn't that come hand-in-hand as a Premier League football manager though? We're entering a far more ruthless territory than what we've been used to over the last 20 years. Remember someone saying that we should expect an unpopular sale in the summer, I don't see why the unpopular (but somewhat understandable) decisions would be limited to our playing squad. Surely this level of ruthlessness starts at the very top?

FWIW I really hope he doesn't leave us in the next 10 years. I love the bloke. He's a breath of fresh air after years of whinging arseholes making excuses left, right and centre. Plus you know, he's not Arteta, Klopp or Ten Hag - a grade A thundercunt.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

As long as we finish in the top 7/qualify for Europe again. His job is fine. And not worth much of a discussion about it until it might start to look like unlikely. 

I really hope so, it should definitely be.

Absolutely not bothered about being knocked out. Reckon we'd only be good for one more round anyway. It was a tough 6 games, which was managed well enough considering options and circumstances and will have improved our porfile. Apart from Dortmund, we held our own. 

I am still disappointed at that stupid run from schar. It's not like his previous, it's far too deep going for a 1 2. He either shoots outside the box, keeping him in position to run back, or stops and allows someone else to fill the space. The moment went to his head, from one of our most experienced as well. That moment cost us European football and a chance of a trophy. We'd have been decent in that, and if we won it, back in the CL next season. Really stupid decision. 

More sqaud depth will help us in the future, we'll never be as weak as we are as right now, so Howes methods will be OK. Still, his reluctance to change a team has led us to many other problems and it shouldn't be a crime to say so. 

I said it was a test. It really is. 1st half we were great but again legs and minds failed. Do that against Fulham and it'll be the same result and that one will really take it's toll if its a loss (I think it will be unfortunately) god help us if we pick up any more injuries in it whilst not getting a result. 

2 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

@admin

Is there an overreactions thread, if not, can we have one?

Should definitely have an overreactions thread and if people spill too much in individual threads they’re forced to only post in the overreactions thread for a day 

I don’t understand the reluctance to change the team criticism - who could he have brought in recently? The players we signed and needed to rely on for this tournament weren’t available. Barnes didn’t play a minute; tonali played a big part of 2 matches, Isak missed a few, Botman missed all but one… 

[emoji38]

First Champions League in 20 years. 

"Group of Death"

Hammered PSG at SJP

Made PSG fight at whatever their stadium is called 

League Cup final

Still in top 10 despite injury list

Players love him

Aye, lets get rid. :pards:

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I don’t understand the reluctance to change the team criticism - who could he have brought in recently? The players we signed and needed to rely on for this tournament weren’t available. Barnes didn’t play a minute; tonali played a big part of 2 matches, Isak missed a few, Botman missed all but one… 

Recently is not the issue. Hands are tied now. When he has options he didn't use them, now he doesn't have them he can't. 

Its partly down to quality, and him liking to take a while to bed players in, but I think you have to rotate it to early detriment for long term benefit.