Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

53 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Does anyone know if Howe prioritises the next game over the long term sharpness of his players?

Someone must know.

Keep it under your hat, but I've also heard he likes to win games now, instead of possibly in the future.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

This is mental.

Why? The man has transformed the club when it was on its knees and I also have faith in him to turn it around.  This season was always going to be challenging and it has proved to be.   

The team is so predictable.........you know exactly what we're going to do when we win the ball. We lack pace and ideas. Confidence has dropped.

Why must Trippier take all the corners and free kicks?

If he turns this around........he'll deserve a knighthood.

4 minutes ago, Jinky said:

The team is so predictable.........you know exactly what we're going to do when we win the ball. We lack pace and ideas. Confidence has dropped.

Why must Trippier take all the corners and free kicks?

If he turns this around........he'll deserve a knighthood.

Crazy how many of Trippiers poor deliveries lead to counters 

We’re so easy to play against at the moment. All an opposing manager had to say to his players is “keep it tight for 40 minutes and they’ll run out of gas”

Now I understand the excuses that we have regarding injuries and tired players etc, but for example, Luton away, why couldn’t he have played a bunch of kids. Or in fact, against Liverpool, play the fucking kids.. we’re going to lose anyway. Play the long game. Give our “1st team” a meaningful break.

Continuing to play the same line up and expecting something different to happen is not insanity, it’s poor management.

My biggest worry is that Eddie Howe is just as burnt out as the players.

13 minutes ago, duo said:

Why? The man has transformed the club when it was on its knees and I also have faith in him to turn it around.  This season was always going to be challenging and it has proved to be.   

Well part of being a great manager is being able to turn round bad form and find solutions. If we were to sink to 17th (there’s almost no chance of that), then questions would clearly have to be asked. Don’t think it’s a controversial point. 

15 minutes ago, duo said:

I like the bloke and want him to succeed as much as anyone, but 17th would be an absolute disaster (that he wouldn't survive anyway).

It would also mean losing pretty much every game between now and the end of the season. Him not being able to arrest a slide like that in something like 5 months would have to count for something. It's not going to happen anyway :lol:

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

I don't know that getting into the Europa league is any big advantage apart from maybe prestige. I remember from when we qualified in the Pardew era that Ashley said that you needed to get to the semi final just to break even. The only big rewards are in the Champions League 

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I like the bloke and want him to succeed as much as anyone, but 17th would be an absolute disaster (that he wouldn't survive anyway).

It would also mean losing pretty much every game between now and the end of the season. Him not being able to arrest a slide like that in something like 5 months would have to count for something. It's not going to happen anyway :lol:

Why are we talking about this? :lol:

1 minute ago, jackyboy said:

I don't know that getting into the Europa league is any big advantage apart from maybe prestige. I remember from when we qualified in the Pardew era that Ashley said that you needed to get to the semi final just to break even. The only big rewards are in the Champions League 

Think it helps with our inflated sponsorship deals. And I think the adidas deal has performance based bonuses.  

I haven't read many of the comments in here but the gist of it seems clear, and like many others during the game yesterday I was well and truly pissed off at the performance, arguably our worst under Howe due to the shock of it and the seemingly sheer incompetence of our team as a whole to defend. It was so fucking easy for them, could've easily been a worse hiding than it ended up. 

Do I think Eddie Howe is perfect, no, do I think he makes some mistakes in games that are costly, yes, is there a manager in the world who doesn't, NO! 

I remember being surprised reading a stat pre-season that teams who get back into Europe on average finish eight places lower in the league the next season, that's pretty wild. Then there's the obvious reason that everyone's sick of hearing now but the number of injuries just can't be denied, we've been battered.

It's highly likely going to get rougher before it gets better with the games to come in the league, but we could lose the next four games and there's still no manager I'd rather see in that dugout than Eddie Howie. 

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Edited by mondonewc

It's worth noting that the usual media haters will be loving this, because it gives them another excuse to 'stick it to the Saudis and PIF'. These cunts love stoking division and are aided by the small but very vocal malcontents among our support, as well as from other clubs.

Now is not the time to panic - let Eddie regroup the players - hopefully get some loan signings in sharpish, in Jan (Tonali can be replaced in squad, etc) The reduction of the amount of games we are on will also help massively.

We will be OK. Good run at the FA Cup and a top 10 finish would be OK by me, all things considered. :thup:

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

And he didn’t score nor look like scoring. 1-0 down he didn’t even give Haaland 10 minutes to overturn the result. He prioritised Haaland’s long term sharpness and fitness of a LC R3 tie even if that meant losing. 

Despite a congested fixture list and an injury crisis - Howe has not prioritised player fitness and sharpness over the immediate game. 

This is where I can admit to results bias. Had we beaten any of Bournemouth, Everton, Spurs or Chelsea his decisions would be vindicated. As such we’ve lost and played badly - almost progressively badly - and his decisions are rightfully being critiqued.  

Pep started off with closer to what you'd class as his strongest XI than we did, then brought on Nunes, Foden and Doku.

Fwiw Trippier stayed on  the bench and Schar was on for about 2 mins

Victim of his own success and I think people are ignoring or downplaying the physical and emotional fatigue. The players obviously look tired because they’re not running as much or as effectively and they’re losing control / skying chances where they wouldn’t normally. I remain of the opinion that I’m not sure what else he was supposed to do bar train and play less intensely prior to the injury madness, but a good number of the injuries dont seem to be caused by physical intensity.

I’ve seen managers sacked for less in this insane industry, but to bin off Howe now would be to delegitimise the ownership. 

I hope he’ll be fine and think he still benefits from massive caveats. 

Guest reefatoon
13 hours ago, Interpolic said:

No need. Fuck off. 

We made those changes as it was necessary to win the tie. The alternative was throwing it. You're focusing on minutiae in one game where Howe got everything right. Laters. 

I have great joy telling people this, but if you hoy him on ignore fella, this place becomes so much better. One knacker pot spoiling it for all, take him out the equation and bingo, let the good times roll. :thup: 

Works for all people. Looking to enhance your NO experience? Try the tested TCD mute button and bring instant joy to your day. Cuts out all the bullshit at no extra cost. Try yours today.

Edited by reefatoon

No way Howe gets sacked this season - weve still got players who were in the championship ffs.

If he was - the players would be in uproar, so would the fans and the staff - it would be counterproductive.

If in the extremely unlikely event he was, who is available?? Potter?