Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, Monters said:

The principle is fine but who comes on? 

Like a lot of people I don’t understand the Hall situation but at times this season there was no one else. 

If I’m missing an academy / U23 product then please let me know but their results don’t suggest good sides filled with prospects. 

Re Hall, I think they see him as a very good prospect but not sure as to where. From what I've seen of him so far he looks more of a midfielder than defender.

Admire his loyalty to Burn but it's costing us too much. He's not learning from what's happened in past games and it's a worry.

Livramento must wonder what the fuck he has to do to start a game.

If the Burn thing is about loyalty then Howe needs to learn fast that loyalty only gets you so far in football. There's going to be a lot of moving parts within our squad in the coming years and he is going to need to be more cut throat dropping players who have played big roles for him.

7 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

says the resident dipshit

I just think that he is making a massive mistake sticking with Burn and venting my frustration. So is your little outburst disagreeing with that? 

2 minutes ago, Beren said:

I'd not be devastated if he replaced Southgate if I'm honest. Last season was a 9/10 performance. This year is closer to 5/10.

Good for financial fair play if the football association buys him out of the contract.

14 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Fucking hell. 

He's been a great unifying spirit for the club and taken us miles from where he found us. And I'm not desperate for him to go - he's not a Pardew - but I am increasingly disappointed by him this season. To the point that if he's poached by England... I'd not be crestfallen.

That's just my feeling.

There could be better people out there for NUFC for where we want to go. Don't think that's madly controversial.

25 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Livramento must wonder what the fuck he has to do to start a game.

Burn can only be in for his height, in every other respect he's a worse player than Livramento.

So the answer is "be taller than Dan Burn", which is fairly tricky.

I'd be fucking livid if I was in Livramento's position and I was being blocked from playing simply because I wasn't tall enough. Normally at least you can ask the manager what you can work on, but "grow 12 inches" feels somewhat unachievable. Especially for a position that doesn't normally need height.

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Burn can only be in for his height, in every other respect he's a worse player than Livramento.

So the answer is "be taller than Dan Burn", which is fairly tricky.

I'd be fucking livid if I was in Livramento's position and I was being blocked from playing simply because I wasn't tall enough. Normally at least you can ask the manager what you can work on, but "grow 12 inches" feels somewhat unachievable. Especially for a position that doesn't normally need height.

Livermento out for the next 8 months due to leg transplants! 😄

I'm sure played Burn to to get him back in the saddle and restore his confidence. Unfortunately, Burn remains dismounted and looks shot against any pace.  Wilson looks shot too but there's no choice. 

It’s still half time, but this shows our previous bad form has nothing to do with fatigue. Injuries and suspensions definitely played a major role, but there is another factor that caused our form to drop compared to last season, other teams have learned how we played last season, and they have found ways to beat us through bypassing our flat and high-pressing midfield and targeting our slow fullback. 

Last season, we took the league by surprise, no body expected us to be a top 4 team. Teams now have watched us play well, and they have analyzed our style and found effective ways to beat us. Howe has to learn how to counter that. 

Edited by Solitude20

1 hour ago, Beren said:

He's been a great unifying spirit for the club and taken us miles from where he found us. And I'm not desperate for him to go - he's not a Pardew - but I am increasingly disappointed by him this season. To the point that if he's poached by England... I'd not be crestfallen.

That's just my feeling.

There could be better people out there for NUFC for where we want to go. Don't think that's madly controversial.

I feel like you are not factoring in so many things to arrive to this conclusion. But if that’s your opinion still, then fair enough.

Some of his decision making has been questionable, of course. But no manager is perfect. 

I still feel he is 100% the right man for us at this current time and that he should get another transfer window and a crack at next season with players returning. Unless of course the wheels properly come off between now and May.

I’d be gutted if we lost him and I don’t see who is going to come in, in the here and now and do a better job. 

I think almost suggesting you’d sort of Partridge shrug :lol: if he were to leave is fairly controversial. 

Edited by Lush Vlad