Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

31 minutes ago, Beren said:

I'd not be devastated if he replaced Southgate if I'm honest. Last season was a 9/10 performance. This year is closer to 5/10.

Apart from publicly available info and what I read you saying a little while back about being itk regarding Howe's responsibility for overworking our players earlier in the season, are there any other reasons for you cooling off on him? I'm interested.

1 hour ago, catlover24 said:

Is he auditioning for the England job?

Southgate is getting giving a new contract apparently. I guess the FA will consider it a success so long as we get to the quarter finals, so therefor he’ll take us into the 2026 World Cup.

Just now, TBG said:

4 consecutive away wins for the first time since 2016.

My gaffa.

We somehow didn't manage that last season when we were one of the best teams in the league away ? :lol:

Unbeaten in four, 4 wins in 6, into the 5th round of the FA Cup, with our only lose in that time to a De Bruyne masterclass. 

Not bad for a shit manager. ;)

Just now, 54 said:

Unbeaten in four, 4 wins in 6, into the 5th round of the FA Cup, with our only lose in that time to a De Bruyne masterclass. 

Not bad for a shit manager. ;)

Has anyone actually called him a shit manager? I think this is happening again, where people say "I'm really pissed off with Howe doing this one specific thing that has cost us several goals in recent games - and plenty of people also have this view" which then gets turned into "posters are calling him shit and that he needs to be sacked."

He's great, I love him. He's done and continues to do wonders for us.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Has anyone actually called him a shit manager? I think this is happening again, where people say "I'm really pissed off with Howe doing this one specific thing that has cost us several goals in recent games - and plenty of people also have this view" which then gets turned into "posters are calling him shit and that he needs to be sacked."

I'm just being really facetious :lol:

That said, I do think the reaction to a draw last week was way to over the top, you'd have thought we where in a relegation scrap and sinking without a trace some where going on.

1 hour ago, Beren said:

He's been a great unifying spirit for the club and taken us miles from where he found us. And I'm not desperate for him to go - he's not a Pardew - but I am increasingly disappointed by him this season. To the point that if he's poached by England... I'd not be crestfallen.

That's just my feeling.

There could be better people out there for NUFC for where we want to go. Don't think that's madly controversial.

Disagree massively tbh. I think he's perfect for both where we are and where we're aiming to go. He's a relatively young coach who's really struggled with the hand he's been dealt this season - but he's the heartbeat of the club and will grow with us imo.

I'd be absolutely devastated if we lost him, think it'd be such a massive step back.

6 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

That's a bit different than what you actually posted which was to call him "a fucking idiot" in 2 separate threads. Emotive reactions are one thing, but that's just ridiculous drivel really.

1 hour ago, Beren said:

I'd not be devastated if he replaced Southgate if I'm honest. Last season was a 9/10 performance. This year is closer to 5/10.

I like you so I’ll keep the stream of expletives and threats in my head. 

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Disagree massively tbh. I think he's perfect for both where we are and where we're aiming to go. He's a relatively young coach who's really struggled with the hand he's been dealt this season - but he's the heartbeat of the club and will grow with us imo.

I'd be absolutely devastated if we lost him, think it'd be such a massive step back.

Assuming we want to go and win titles, do you genuinely believe Howe is the man to do it ? Genuine question btw, I’m not sure either way at this stage.

1 hour ago, Beren said:

That take is as bad as your fucking shoes to be fair.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

That's a bit different than what you actually posted which was to call him "a fucking idiot" in 2 separate threads. Emotive reactions are one thing, but that's just ridiculous drivel really.

It isn't though, is it? You know exactly that it is about Dan Burn at left back. Who isn't going to be frustrated by his lapses and cost goals in recent games? I do think Howe is an idiot for keeping him in the side when Tino is there. I can only assume there is something we don't know preventing Tino from starting.

he’s addressing what’s been a problem. with the new back line idea. it’s probably going to be scrappy like this until our midfield is beefed up again. keep going eddie 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Assuming we want to go and win titles, do you genuinely believe Howe is the man to do it ? Genuine question btw, I’m not sure either way at this stage.

I do. We were unlucky that the final he got us to in his first full season last year came during our worst run of form all season. I genuinely think given a few years to shape the squad exactly as he needs and we'll be competing on all fronts.

If by titles you mean the league only - that's trickier, because you need the other teams like City to have an off-season. But Howe would have us competing for it with enough time, no doubt in my mind about that.

12 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

A dude literally called him a fucking fraud 30 minutes ago. Down to emotions and all that, but still...

Just now, David Edgar said:

It isn't though, is it? You know exactly that it is about Dan Burn at left back. Who isn't going to be frustrated by his lapses and cost goals in recent games? I do think Howe is an idiot for keeping him in the side when Tino is there. I can only assume there is something we don't know preventing Tino from starting.

I think this is a key part, we don't know what's up behind the scenes, there's reasons for everything. I'm as perplexed by the Burn thing as most.