Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

As much as we can all agree he's earnt the right to start next year, he really needs to shake up his ideas and quick because we were so close to ending our season there and just limping across the finish line and we still have 3 months to go.

11 minutes ago, vexred said:

I don't think it is. He's protecting him from having to take a penalty and potentially killing his confidence. 

He could have take the 11th pen.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

We don’t look a well coached side. 

We look like one of the poorest side in the league. I just find it bizarre how we turned up at Villa and since that its been so poor.

He sent out a team more than capable of smashing Blackburn and some of them put in genuinely spineless performances, like. 

You can go on about coaching blah blah blah but we're a significantly better side than them, players have to take responsibility in those scenarios. You can't have players pulling out of 50/50s, playing blind balls around corners or absolute hospital passes, relentlessly passing the ball backwards when you're 1v1. These are not things that have been synonymous with Howe for the vast majority of his tenure.

Holy shit some of the comments in this thread.

The team is just off an absolute battering. Against a side who has a free hit to get to the QF of the FA Cup,  and played out of their skin. Particularly their GK.

Wondering why all the individual mistakes and the poor finishing is on the manager. Sure he picked Burn.. it's hardly criminal.  He was a big part of a back 4 that got us CL and to a cup final just 12 months ago.

The narrative that is forming in this place is only going to get worse and worse and we know where it ends up.  The next manager Mourinho or whoever isnt going to do better with the players.

Just enjoy the win.  The overall trajectory of our club is upwards.

I do not envy this guy one bit.

So many players look void of form and the team has no rhythm or flow to it at the minute.

Not looking forward to the game at the weekend at all.

Agreed, the long ball hoofs can’t have been what we practiced. I just don’t know what that performance was tonight on the ball. Hopefully they can start making improvements in training now that we’ve actually got a squad to play with

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He sent out a team more than capable of smashing Blackburn and some of them put in genuinely spineless performances, like. 

You can go on about coaching blah blah blah but we're a significantly better side than them, players have to take responsibility in those scenarios. You can't have players pulling out of 50/50s, playing blind balls around corners or absolute hospital passes, relentlessly passing the ball backwards when you're 1v1. These are not things that have been synonymous with Howe for the vast majority of his tenure.

Motivating the team is his responsibility 

20 minutes ago, Milburn said:

He has lost it, and there is absolutely nothing in his managerial career suggesting that he is able to turn this. It goes from bad to worse.

👆 Someone who until tonight didn't feel inspired to post about anything for almost 2 years :lol:

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Agreed, the long ball hoofs can’t have been what we practiced. I just don’t know what that performance was tonight on the ball. Hopefully they can start making improvements in training now that we’ve actually got a squad to play with

I think we wanted to manage the game a bit but it just resulted in uber safe rubbish and then you start to get sloppy for counters.

The amount of times we had good runners timing excellent dashes and chose to ignore them and pass backwards was infuriating.

Find it hard to believe he wouldn't have told Miley that if it was all square with minutes to go he'd be coming back off, we might be in a rut but he's not stupid. Anderson's penalty was fucking outstanding to be fair.

Just now, Orphanage said:

Relief at the result but thats as far as we are going in this competition

Sure.  Sure.  Because we are so inept I guess?

I guess it was a different team that had beaten Man City, Man Utd, Paris SG in cup competitions already this season.  All with a squad decimated with injuries.

Lack of changes and doubling down again on formation during game. Got over line, but same issues persist.

Now more players are coming back, we should be seeing different things moving forward, as clearly our way from last season has lost its edge, which is fair, it peaked with players like Longstaff/Almiron etc. so it’s time to evolve the style. 

Need to work on better patterns of play IMO. Tino at RB was great, as he had the individualistic ability to just drive with the ball, which then creates space. Just does leave us exposed on turnover as we have no recovery pace in midfield/defence, so something to work on structure wise to mitigate it to allow that extra dimension in attack. Showed with corners that others can take them too.