Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Don't know if hes shown he can do anything but hyper aggressive press game.

Once the players started to drop hes struggled massively. 

Same issues at Ballmouth.

Can't see the board backing him after this shit season. 

Just now, La Parka said:

Don't know if hes shown he can do anything but hyper aggressive press game.

Once the players started to drop hes struggled massively. 

Same issues at Ballmouth.

Can't see the board backing him after this shit season. 

Must try harder.

Our confidence has been fragile for a while and with nothing to play for it seems like we’re just waiting for the season to end, which is shameful.

2 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I do think he will have the backing of Amanda Stavely until things get really ugly. 

I agree with this. I think the current management team probably have to face existential risk themselves before jettisoning Howe. Presently, I think we are a long way from a decision like that 

Edited by Jagten

Just now, nemtizz said:

Our confidence has been fragile for a while and with nothing to play for it seems like we’re just waiting for the season to end, which is shameful.

We’ve everything to play for too. We can still get European football which is massive for the club.

Where is the idea that the Saudis will

be wanting a change and be ruthless come from? If anything they have been the complete opposite in every aspect since coming here.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

be wanting a change and be ruthless come from? If anything they have been the complete opposite in every aspect since coming here.

khashoggi

Sick to death of these away surrenders, we've made a bang average side look like contenders tonight. Once again we've managed to score a couple but come away without a win because we just can't defend for shit. He claimed himself we'd look better for the slimmer schedule and more time on the training pitch and it's absolutely not been the case whatsoever. We're at best a chaotic side, at our worst an absolute shambles.

Running Longstaff into the ground 95 mins per week despite us now having other options is a joke, he's bang out of form and looks shattered, even when bringing White on as an admission we've lost the game he still won't hook him. I don't get it.

He definitely has enough credit in the bank to write this league campaign off as an unlucky one due to injury regardless of where we actually finish, but he doesn't seem to be learning and that for me is the biggest concern. Burn and Longstaff, never making any proactive subs til we're behind in the game, the best defence in the land turning into one of the worst, the complete disappearing act that our "dark arts, tough to play" has done to the point where we're a soft touch again. 

Really really hope a good transfer window, injury problems not being as bad and a fresh perspective after the summer break gets us firing again, because right now we just look shot to bits. Not sure how much say he'll have this summer and how much he had last summer but the reluctance to play £60m of young full-back acquisitions even at the injury crisis peak has been weird and if we'd invested the Hall funds elsewhere it would have gone a long way this season.

Assuming we get the usual luckless, listless surrender away at City next weekend I can't wait for this season to end. It's been a constant kick in the balls since about October onwards.

Edited by Pilko

Eddie really had these playing out of their fucking skins last year. I fear that this is more the level for a lot of them than what we saw last year.

I'm still down to give Eddie the summer rebuild though. We need some serious quality bodies in.

Neither we or the owners should accept the pile of shit we've been served since december, he deserves to see the season out but if we are serious about challenging the top guys we need start thinking about this summer and wither we can afford to give him another season or not. I love eddie but he dosn't seem cut out for the very top.

It's 50/50 for Eddie at the moment - Can he fix the defence? Once we have our best 11 playing can we still play our best game without teams knowing what to expect and play against it? Do we have a plan B in case situations like this season happen again next year?

If the answer is no to these questions then he's a goner tbh and its just a matter of time.

Heart wants him to succeed because I do love him, head thinks he's hit his celling.

Edited by Amir_9

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Since coming here Howe kept us up and took us into the Champions League. This is the only bad season we’ve had.

Still has credit, but think it does cause issues moving forward. Howe will clearly want more power over the DoF, but then do we want to do that? 

Feels like a big decision needs to be made. Basically go all in on Howe and what he wants, or go opposite way, likely piss off Howe and it the beginning of the end. Can’t see there being a middle ground.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Eddie really had these playing out of their fucking skins last year. I fear that this is more the level for a lot of them than what we saw last year.

I'm still down to give Eddie the summer rebuild though. We need some serious quality bodies in.

Yep, there is a lot to be said for a ‘reversion to the mean’ for some of them.  That was never likely to continue - it’s a really big window ahead, Howe needs to be backed in the summer, but if it goes wrong I don’t think he’ll get another window. 

Just now, Decky said:

Since coming here Howe kept us up and took us into the Champions League. This is the only bad season we’ve had.

Aye but in other parts of running the club it’s been patient and methodical. We have even just accepted all the new rules and FFP stuff thrown at us. Nothing they have done so far suggests they will suddenly start making drastic changes.

As reactive as ever, never ever does he be proactive and change something up to try improve how the game is going...it always has to be reactive.

Yet another shit away performance, a very long line of them this season with largely the same problems in every single game and nothing has been fixed or looked coming close to it.

His tactics aren't working yet barely any deviation, even sticking to stuff players cannot play which makes them look worse.

Keeping his favourites on no matter how shit their performances have been...unless getting injured.

He's shown in the past he can learn and improve....hasn't this season though. Maybe he needs the end of the season to come and work on it for next season, he's earned enough credit to be backed next season still.  (Bit worrying if we don't even finish top 10 though)

Edited by Aiston

He 100% still has my backing. Unless we completely capitulate to close the season out and finish like 13th-14th or something. 

Get the summer for some players in, some back to full fitness and some back available. That is the very least he deserves. 

But if we carry on like that. Fans will turn on him. That is the most frustrated I’ve been after a game this season. For all the shit performances, surrenders, supposed bad tactics, soft midfields, laughable defending etc etc. That felt like the worst showing all things considered. 

I don’t think there are any genuine excuses or reasons this time. We looked disjointed and sloppy after 9 days since our last game. It’s unacceptable, really. 

I couldn’t quite believe how bad they looked. Yet we handed them 3 goals and were let off a few more times. All the control we had against Wolves was totally out the window and it was back to Howe/chaos ball from earlier in the year. We’re fucking shit at it with the players we have available. 

Think it might be time to look elsewhere in the summer, the guy just doesn’t seem to learn, going from an excellent performance against wolves and using the break away well , to going back to, being as open as Katie Price’s legs on a Friday night, Chelsea have struggled all season against teams that play like we did against wolves, yet we open up and have our belly’s tickled. 

Just now, Decky said:

He has credits in the bank for sure. But he has lost some already. Yes, we have had injury issues, but so have other sides like Spurs and Brighton. We are too one dimensional and if the press isn’t working there is no backup plan. He has had 4 months to fix our poor defensive displays, with zero improvement. I think if we finish the season outside the top 7 and don’t start next season well, they will look to replace him. 

Feels like a huge regression this season and we're almost back to where we finished up in 2022. The hard work, progress and momentum built up in 22/23 has largely unravelled since October and we're now a shadow of the side we were 12 months ago. Everything that side had, all the qualities and dna has just dissolved away and we're left with that heap of shit tonight. I know, i know, injuries have played their part but there's more too it than that. We don't even play the game like we did a year ago, we're nicer, more open, looser, less organised, sloppier and passive. We're predictable, a yard shot on pace and don't snap into tackles any longer. We went from the side everyone feared to the team everyone wants next on the fixture list and putting it all on injuries is weapons-grade horseshit. We've gone backwards in a major way and it's undeniable