Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

He was never really any pressure on him, other than a handful of bloodthirsty journos and a small minority of knackers in the fanbase.

Got to keep the next manager sacked betting market alive too.

2 hours ago, Jonas said:

Just glad that three wins in a week, no goals conceded, point in Milan and a record win have eased that pressure on him that reporter was on about.

Feels a bit like three wins in a week but actually just two.  Maybe an 8 goal win should count double.

On 23/09/2023 at 23:33, Begbie said:

You forgot Joe Kinnear, think he was the most embarrasing ever.

I totally agree with you about Eddie Howe.

I didn't forget Joe Kinnear, I deliberately left him out because he was not really considered a manager at that point anyway, just some old guy who'd been in charge of Wimbledon back in the 90's. I think most people just assumed we had an owner who didn't have the slightest clue about football at that point.

What made Pardew and Bruce worse was that they somehow had a decent reputation and Ashley could pass them off as viable managers, even though most fans knew they were frauds.

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

I reckon 

Pope 

Liv Lascelles Botman Burn 

Tonali Longstaff Anderson 

Murphy                              Gordon 

Isak  

I’d be surprised if Gordon played, can’t afford for him to get booked.

30 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

I reckon 

Pope 

Liv Lascelles Botman Burn 

Tonali Longstaff Anderson 

Murphy                              Gordon 

Isak  

Pope, Longstaff, Botman, Burn, Gordon need a break.

Bring Dubs, Hall & Miley in.

I can see Burn playing 90 minutes again though.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Pope, Longstaff, Botman, Burn, Gordon need a break.

Bring Dubs, Hall & Miley in.

I can see Burn playing 90 minutes again though.

Botman missed one game and Schär has played in all of them. Lascelles also RCB so IMO more likely that Botman plays and Schär gets a rest.

7 minutes ago, Pata said:

Botman missed one game and Schär has played in all of them. Lascelles also RCB so IMO more likely that Botman plays and Schär gets a rest.

Missed through injury - that's not a proper rest. I do reckon he might start but in-game injuries are so common. Just let him sit it out - play a kid. Schr definitely needs to sit it out.

Tactically spot on tonight. Held it to 0-0 when he knew neither team would go gung-ho in the first 45, then beat Pep to the punch by bringing on Gordon and Bruno at HT.

Pep didn't know what to do, or how to change it. Think he got one over Pep tonight 

That's only the second time in 38 games that Man City have failed to score (the other time was against Brentford once they'd already won the league too) and this guy did it with Lascelles and Dummett at the back. Think that's his biggest achievement since being here tbh :lol: 

That was a Rafaesque performance but with heightened Eddie-style attack to top it off.

So pleased for him to get that first Man City scalp, League Cup or not. Hopefully another monkey off the back.

What a man. What a man. What a mighty good man.