Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just looking at the comparisons to last season. 

After match 11 last year, we had 18 points (W4, D6, L1). We then went on to win all of matches 12 - 16 before losing some form after the World Cup. 

This year, we're on 20 points (W6, D2, L3). 15 more points in the next 5 would see us sitting very pretty, especially if we can maintain our presence in other competitions too. 

Next 5 PL fixtures [+ UCL]: Dortmund (A), Bournemouth (A), Chelsea (H), PSG (A), Man Utd (H), Everton (A), Spurs (A)

Suppose we'd have to do really well to get a result at Spurs - not impossible by any means - but the rest of the PL games are surely winnable? 

Hope Eddie has a bit of luck with the injuries and gets a few players back in the meantime. Tough job ahead, but he's the man for it. 

4 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Getting 15 from the next 5 is a tough ask, especially as they are part of a congested fixture list and the injuries we have 

I think 10-12 would be a very good return, obviously 15 would be ridiculous 

We beat Man U away with our B team man,we’ll be fine.

7 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

We beat Man U away with our B team man,we’ll be fine.

I'm not worried about the Man-U game

It's the Spurs game and I actually wouldn't say I'm worried, I just don't think it's one I'd say with confidence we'd win, as they are a good side and are in great form

I was just thinking while watching the post-match interview with Eddie how he answers like in those Fifa press conferences, or in like Disco Elysium where there's a perfect answer from a selection of 10. He nails every answer every time like. 

12 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm not worried about the Man-U game

It's the Spurs game and I actually wouldn't say I'm worried, I just don't think it's one I'd say with confidence we'd win, as they are a good side and are in great form

As are we! :indi:

The man is a magician, but we're another injury or two away from disaster.

We have a game roughly every four days from now to Jan. 1, including the upcoming international break. Trips to Dortmund, Paris, Tottenham, Goodison, Anfield, and Stamford Bridge, plus home for Chelsea, Man United, and Milan. The man deserves a key to the city if two of the following are true come the 2nd of Jan.: In or around the top 4/5, in the League Cup, and still in Europe.

51 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The man is a magician, but we're another injury or two away from disaster.

We have a game roughly every four days from now to Jan. 1, including the upcoming international break. Trips to Dortmund, Paris, Tottenham, Goodison, Anfield, and Stamford Bridge, plus home for Chelsea, Man United, and Milan. The man deserves a key to the city if two of the following are true come the 2nd of Jan.: In or around the top 4/5, in the League Cup, and still in Europe.

He won’t be targeting any less!  :indi:

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Things our manager used to say a decade or so ago:

When you look at the teams now and the money that’s being spent, you have to be honest and say it’s going to be difficult replicating that fifth-place finish.

[Southampton] have a huge catchment area and it's a different type of catchment area. There is a big working-class community down there but there are also a lot of middle-class kids who have good educations. The players who come out of Southampton are quite intelligent and there might be something in that. We have to put more intelligence into our players here.

Four defeats for Newcastle is going to bring its own pressure. I don’t think the local press have helped.

I don’t really care if Arsenal win 4-0 [next weekend], if I’m honest. I’m sure Spurs will, but I only care that our fans enjoy themselves.

And very topical:

I'd have felt really confident going into this period of the season if I had my full squad available but I haven't

Just watching the presser. Christ are the dopes like Ryder ever gonna stop asking "eee I bet ya never thought you'd be in the Champions League when you first arrived/when you were in League 2 with Bournemouth?"

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just watching the presser. Christ are the dopes like Ryder ever gonna stop asking "eee I bet ya never thought you'd be in the Champions League when you first arrived/when you were in League 2 with Bournemouth?"

Did he actually ask a question this time? He normally just rattles off some weird observation or statement then waits for a reaction. 

That little slaphead clown Luke Edwards, at the press conference wasn't interested in the Dortmund game and questions on that subject, instead wanted to try and be amusing with his arriving on time to the presser, then desperate to stir the pot further regarding Arteta, then moved onto Lascelles and the handshake. He's such a fucking troll, does my nut in.

13 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

That little slaphead clown Luke Edwards, at the press conference wasn't interested in the Dortmund game and questions on that subject, instead wanted to try and be amusing with his arriving on time to the presser, then desperate to stir the pot further regarding Arteta, then moved onto Lascelles and the handshake. He's such a fucking troll, does my nut in.

Thrives on the antagonistic, negative angle,. Parasite!