Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think we will find out who it is this week and will be in the stands on Saturday 

Exactly this. Mid to late week announcement. Unless everyone is unanimous already and they announce it earlier.

I think Jones gets the game regardless but would be nice to have the new manager get on the training pitch before.

Will be great motivation for the players if they know before the game and the new manager is there watching.

Just now, toontownman said:

Exactly this. Mid to late week announcement. Unless everyone is unanimous already and they announce it earlier.

I think Jones gets the game regardless but would be nice to have the new manager get on the training pitch before.

Will be great motivation for the players if they know before the game and the new manager is there watching.

Yeah I think with it being Chelsea they would just let jones take it regardless 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah I think with it being Chelsea they would just let jones take it regardless 

Same. Would make sense to use the international break to get everything in place including the DoF. Get the Chelsea game out of the way and give the new man a decent chance of getting a result in his first game. 

47 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think we will find out who it is this week and will be in the stands on Saturday 

It needs to happen. They simply cannot afford to dither about with this like they did with Bruce.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

We need a manger in ASAP, can kind of understand giving Jones the Chelsea game but after that we need someone in 

Agreed. Christmas is just round the corner and that Nativity scene will look shite without it.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Chelsea game, then a new manager to have the international break.

Why do people keep thinking there's an international break after the Chelsea game? We have Brighton away the week after Chelsea, then the international break.

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We keep hearing about shortlists for managers and DOF/spirit director, is it safe to assume if someone is on the shortlist they have already made their interest in the role known ?

Nope, I’d presume the shortlist is that belonging to the consortium of those people who they want to sound out/interview. For example, they’d undoubtedly have had Rafa on the shortlist- he wouldn’t have informed them he’d be interested though. 

13 minutes ago, triggs said:

Think Ten Hag is the most exciting manager we could get, but think for both parties it would be better if he waited until the summer

Why would it be better for us to wait until the summer? By that point, hopefully we’d still be in the PL and other managers could come into the picture. 

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

Ten Hag still 50/1 on Skybet.

I think he ruled himself out, but then he said Overmars wouldn't be moving either, and apparently he's opened talks with Newcastle. 

Can get what he said https://sportwitness.co.uk/eric-ten-hag-directly-addresses-newcastle-united-rumours-following-marc-overmars-reports/

Relayed by SoccerNews.nl, he said: “The positional of technical director is one for the long term. Marc set things in motion a few years ago. He did this from a certain vision, he introduced structure and managed. It’s started to grow and I don’t think the process is over yet.

“Marc hasn’t informed me [about the Newcastle interest]. I don’t think he’s withholding anything from me either. I’m not working on [going to Newcastle] and now is definitely not the time”.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I think he ruled himself out, but then he said Overmars wouldn't be moving either, and apparently he's opened talks with Newcastle. 

Don’t think he ruled himself out- just said along the lines of “it’s not the right time” or similar. Definitely not a ‘no’, and seemingly just being professional to Ajax. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Why would it be better for us to wait until the summer? By that point, hopefully we’d still be in the PL and other managers could come into the picture. 

Well depends if we'd be able to get somebody else competent in but think there's a decent chance it could go badly wrong if he's trying to implement his style with this group of players with practically no extended training time 

It would also from his point of view be a crazy time to move. Ajax are absolutely flying domestically and in Europe and he could conceivably get any job that becomes available in world football if he just waited until the summer

Could always look back at what managers have said - Bruce for example though it's best to leave him and that thread at the bottom of the forum - before we approached him 

No surprise, he was on holiday... this time in pre-season so maybe slightly more tolerable

"Maybe because I'm from Newcastle [is why my name has been mentioned]," he told Radio Sheffield.

"But no, I've been on holiday. I never take any notice of all that sort of speculation or tittle-tattle because the way the newspapers are today, no disrespect, I think there have been 150 managers associated with Newcastle. I would suppose I'm going to be one of them."