Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, The Prophet said:

I'd be amazed if Ten Hag was a possibility.

Why? Genuine question. He’d be on a pittance in wage compared to probably even an English Championship manager. Know he’s currently in the CL but this gives him an opportunity to progress his career onto a previously unimaginable path, which I think he’d be interested in. 

On 22/10/2021 at 18:47, bobbydazzla said:

If you mean Low then I thought he liked to fingerblast his arse crack then sniff his digits  

It's Low. :lol: - he is a serial offender for it. Must be every major tournament he's been managing he's done it.

*Sniff* :megusta:

Just now, Manxst said:

Why? Genuine question. He’d be on a pittance in wage compared to probably even an English Championship manager. Know he’s currently in the CL but this gives him an opportunity to progress his career onto a previously unimaginable path, which I think he’d be interested in. 

While the Newcsstke job has great potential, it still has an incredible amount of risk attached at this moment in time. Bigger, better offers will be made to him in the coming months.

While the Newcsstke job has great potential, it still has an incredible amount of risk attached at this moment in time. Bigger, better offers will be made to him in the coming months.

He’s strongly linked with replacing Ole which could be as early as next week if they lose to Liverpool tomorrow.

I guess whoever comes in will have to see and buy into the dream and possibilities, like Keegan. Yes, Ten Hag could maybe get other jobs offers in the summer, but by then we’d have a manager and he might not get that chance again. 

If you gave me a choice of who I want …..only one answer Pep.*

He is something else , the best around , why not want the best? His coaching is light years ahead of anyone , likeable, respected worldwide.

*understand won’t happen 

1 minute ago, GWN said:

If you gave me a choice of who I want …..only one answer Pep.*

He is something else , the best around , why not want the best? His coaching is light years ahead of anyone , likeable, respected worldwide.

*understand won’t happen 

Hypothetical question

How dya think he'd go with the players we've got. If he had a full pre season and season with them. Just the players we have now...

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Hypothetical question

How dya think he'd go with the players we've got. If he had a full pre season and season with them. Just the players we have now...

I think he’d improve them , I think he’d improve any team .

Good managers for me are judged on how the get results and improve players .I get the tone of the question but I honestly think he would make them better players .

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

I think he’d improve them , I think he’d improve any team .

Good managers for me are judged on how the get results and improve players .I get the tone of the question but I honestly think he would make them better players .

No no it wasn't that tone. Genuinely think it would be interesting to see what a world class manager could do with with a group of largely mediocre players.

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

No no it wasn't that tone. Genuinely think it would be interesting to see what a world class manager could do with with a group of largely mediocre players.

Fair enough , it’s not beyond the possibility of him wanting to try , pie in the sky but it’s genuinely who I want .

His vision and meticulous detail in training is phenomenal.

Hed simply improve this lot immeasurably.

The thing about our squad being mediocre and facilities being limited to say the least is the greatest reason for turning to a manager with a clear and progressive philosophy. Realistically most of the squad won’t be here in 18 months. I’d far prefer a manager that tries to turn us into an attacking team instead of going for a “safe pair of hands”. Rafa would probably be the safest pair of hands we could turn to right now but I’m honestly not sure I’d want to revisit that. There’s always the risk that everything he built with the fans last time out will be tarnished by the new expectations.

I’d probably go for an exciting name such as Fonseca/Ten Hag or maybe even Jaissle or Edin Terzic. A manager that can grow along with the club and help mold it together with a DOF/Sporting Director. Whoever they end up hiring will be backed to the hilts from January onwards IMO. 

4 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

The thing about our squad being mediocre and facilities being limited to say the least is the greatest reason for turning to a manager with a clear and progressive philosophy. Realistically most of the squad won’t be here in 18 months. I’d far prefer a manager that tries to turn us into an attacking team instead of going for a “safe pair of hands”. Rafa would probably be the safest pair of hands we could turn to right now but I’m honestly not sure I’d want to revisit that. There’s always the risk that everything he built with the fans last time out will be tarnished by the new expectations.

I’d probably go for an exciting name such as Fonseca/Ten Hag or maybe even Jaissle or Edin Terzic. A manager that can grow along with the club and help mold it together with a DOF/Sporting Director. Whoever they end up hiring will be backed to the hilts from January onwards IMO. 

Yeah I love Rafa but I really want a manager with a more modern attacking philosophy. 

The dream is Xavi, but he'll be destined for Barcelona if he does well so probably a bit pointless.