Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

I hope it's not ten Hag and overmars, Ajax don't deserve to be fucked over like that, especially as they are polar opposites of a club compared to ourselves.

Wouldn’t say it’s them being fucked over? They’d receive compensation, and are a selling club- at some point they’d go anyway- why not to us? 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I hope it's not ten Hag and overmars, Ajax don't deserve to be fucked over like that, especially as they are polar opposites of a club compared to ourselves.

I say old bean, I'm currently in line to win over £1100 if Ten Hag is our new manager so would you kindly fuck off

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Wouldn’t say it’s them being fucked over? They’d receive compensation, and are a selling club- at some point they’d go anyway- why not to us? 

Yeah the talk of Gerrard just seemed wierd to me.  But like I said I know nothing about it other than him being manager of Rangers.   So was wondering if anyone could make a case for him. 

Edited by Teasy

Ten hag

Fonseca

Favre

Martinez

Gerrard

Don't want the constant liverpool or England rumours with Gerrard if he did OK. Not convinced he would do OK on top of that anyway. Martinez would be OK but very uninspired. 

Any of the top three would be great for now, Favre would seem like a bit of a downgrade on the presence and character of Ten Hag and Fonseca but Favre has a record of turning teams around. It would be safe hands. 

Those Ten Hag quotes hardly rule anything out tbh but if he reportedly turned down barca and spurs I would be shocked to see him here, even on big money.

Just now, toontownman said:

Those Ten Hag quotes hardly rule anything out tbh but if he reportedly turned down barca and spurs I would be shocked to see him here, even on big money.

I think plenty of managers turned down the basket case of a club that is currently Barcelona, especially as they ended up with Koeman. 

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

But can Ten Hag do it during a relegation battle away to a Burnley or Leeds on a Wednesday night?  Need a reliable pair of hands for a dogfight like Big Sam. (Not my opinion but a prediction of what the new pundit narrative will be if it happens) 

Pearson! Let's be honest we have the money, we might as well get the best and buy out Warnocks contract. 

I might have dreamt this, but:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Favre was at Nice with ASM and they disliked each other. That might even have been (part of) the reason ASM left 🤔

How good is Favre? Would you flog ASM to get him here? Or aim to get someone else in and keep ASM? 

(Maybe they can kiss and make up if he gets the job of course 😊

Edit: seems Favre left before ASM so not the reason ASM left then 😊

Edited by Peppe

42 minutes ago, Peppe said:

I might have dreamt this, but:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Favre was at Nice with ASM and they disliked each other. That might even have been (part of) the reason ASM left 🤔

How good is Favre? Would you flog ASM to get him here? Or aim to get someone else in and keep ASM? 

(Maybe they can kiss and make up if he gets the job of course 😊

Edit: seems Favre left before ASM so not the reason ASM left then 😊

ASM commented on this on twitter essentially saying it’s bollocks

I would say this is the most likely state of play with Caulkin being close to them.

Think we may see more links to ten Hag, Howe and Gerrard this week.

If I we’re a betting man I’d say it’s one of these 3, I expect Fonseca to drift in the betting not convinced they’re all in on him.

In response to a question about Paulo Fonseca on an Athletic post-match Q&A, Caulkin made it clear that PIF are yet to make a decision on Steve Bruce’s replacement. He wrote:

“I was told last night that things aren’t as advanced as that and that no formal decisions have been taken. I think there’s still a way to go in this process and more people to speak to.”

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I would say this is the most likely state of play with Caulkin being close to them.

Think we may see more links to ten Hag, Howe and Gerrard this week.

If I we’re a betting man I’d say it’s one of these 3, I expect Fonseca to drift in the betting not convinced they’re all in on him.

In response to a question about Paulo Fonseca on an Athletic post-match Q&A, Caulkin made it clear that PIF are yet to make a decision on Steve Bruce’s replacement. He wrote:

“I was told last night that things aren’t as advanced as that and that no formal decisions have been taken. I think there’s still a way to go in this process and more people to speak to.”

As long as they are in by Brighton I’m relaxed, I wonder if PIF are involved in the interviews ?