Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

the only thing that might tempt him to take the England job is that he’d get to work with this unbelievable set of players in the peak years. It’s a genuine chance to win something for England.

Howe is a training ground manager, obsessed with coaching. By all accounts his training methods are incredibly complex and would require more than a dozen meet ups over a calender year. 

I just can't see it at this moment in time.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Howe is a training ground manager, obsessed with coaching. By all accounts his training methods are incredibly complex and would require more than a dozen meet ups over a calender year. 

I just can't see it at this moment in time.

Don’t ever rule out the pull of managing your country

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Don’t ever rule out the pull of managing your country

I guess it depends on the individual. He does strike me as being fairly patriotic though.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I guess it depends on the individual. He does strike me as being fairly patriotic though.

Same but none of us know him and he won’t have shown the real him in interviews. Even if in his head he genuinely believes he’ll turn it down if it was ever offered….

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm pleased Poch and Potter are kicking about.

All of these picks feel very ambitious. It feels like the FA are more likely to promote from within or go for a hire familiar with the setup. I though Cooper was nailed on.

We’ve been through this, England isn’t a job for a top manager until they’re done with club management. He’s never going. 

I wouldn’t expect Poch to take it either. Potter might be only because he’s unfashionable right now. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We’ve been through this, England isn’t a job for a top manager until they’re done with club management. He’s never going. 

I wouldn’t expect Poch to take it either. Potter might be only because he’s unfashionable right now. 

All I’m saying is nobody knows and there’s a change he don’t even know, you can’t make statements like “he’s never going” - that’s your heart talking and not your head.

20 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I want this to be true but can’t quite get on board with it. Eddie will believe he can win the World Cup with this group of players. That’s essentially immortality in football terms, let’s not underestimate its pull.

4 minutes ago, Nate said:

I want this to be true but can’t quite get on board with it. Eddie will believe he can win the World Cup with this group of players. That’s essentially immortality in football terms, let’s not underestimate its pull.

Agreed, it’s easy to turn a job down when you haven’t been offered it.

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Agreed, it’s easy to turn a job down when you haven’t been offered it.

Just ask Unai Emery.

8 minutes ago, Rod said:

Just ask Unai Emery.

Never said no one Will ever turn it down and I genuinely think he won’t take it but I’m level headed enough to know there’s a chance if and when the offers in front of him he may just think what the hell.

Just now, andycap said:

No sporting director in place no plan in place yet linked with two mediocre players with crazy price tags. Nickson always seemed to air on the foreign market. 

air? not sure what you  meant by that but nickson is still there. they'll be listening to him.

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

air? not sure what you  meant by that but nickson is still there. they'll be listening to him.

Simplistically you’ve got two windows within a window. Pre-June 30th to square the books; then July 1st to windows end when the PSR clock ticks over another season. I think we’ll do the Eddie’s “Brexit Mags” in the former and the more Nickson-led overseas work in the latter when we have more wiggle room. 

Just now, andycap said:

It's looking that way is what I mean. Nickson recommendations are usually foreign based. These two we are linked with are English based which would cost a lot of money to get. So it's looking that way to me. 

we buy british AND foreign every season.