Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

I’m sure Conte was lined up quite some time ago and Nuno was a dead man walking 

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

Spurs had advanced talks with Conte already and knew precisely what we he wanted and needed. So it makes sense how quickly they could come crawling back and offer exactly what he asked of them originally and it be sorted. Here we are trying to interview a range of candidates from the beginning and the compare. That's not as simple or comparable.

Like I said, very different situations. Still frustrating. 

Guest reefatoon

I think I might have preferred this shit show when I didn’t care and was full of apathy [emoji38] Ahh, I miss those couldn’t give a shite anymore days.

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

We have no idea as to the strategy PIF are going with moving forward. Could be that they are running us to our means, could be that they are going to go bananas.  Could equally be something in the middle.

Emery will have been privy to more people information than we have so will make a judgment based on that.

If it is just running us within our means it’s a bit of an uphill battle to pull us out of the relegation zone and, to a manager currently in the Champions League, possibly isn’t worth the risk.

There's no way they'd buy us at our most vulnerable, go after star studded managers and say "there's no budget for signings" during a relegation battle, when they've already said they will invest. Nobody would touch us of any top quality if that were true.

7 hours ago, kisearch said:

The only time tapping up was ever a thing was Chelsea with Ashley Cole wasn't it? It felt like a huge thing at the time until you found it happens all the time.

us with James Perch!

1 minute ago, hakka said:

There's no way they'd buy us at our most vulnerable, go after star studded managers and say "there's no budget for signings" during a relegation battle, when they've already said they will invest. Nobody would touch us of any top quality if that were true.

If the latest news is to believed it seems no one currently is tbf.

Just now, Sima said:

If the latest news is to believed it seems no one currently is tbf.

Where is the news stating everyone we've approached has knocked us back with any reference to no money to spend? All I've seen is one Spanish journo in the middle of the night saying Emery may not happen.

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

Where is the news stating everyone we've approached has knocked us back with any reference to no money to spend? All I've seen is one Spanish journo in the middle of the night saying Emery may not happen.

I did say if it is to be believed.

The majority of people are massively in the dark with regards resources at hand but there’ll be steers on what the truth is in the way of key appointments and of course what we do in January when it comes around.

If Emery does reject us and we do appoint a Howe or a Lampard I’d suggest it doesn’t really point to having a level of riches that have been mooted in some areas.

Just now, Sima said:

I did say if it is to be believed.

The majority of people are massively in the dark with regards resources at hand but there’ll be steers on what the truth is in the way of key appointments and of course what we do in January when it comes around.

If Emery does reject us and we do appoint a Howe or a Lampard I’d suggest it doesn’t really point to having a level of riches that have been mooted in some areas.

There hasn't been a mention of money in the Spanish journo leak over night. They've quoted as Emery seeing us a hire / fire risk. If it was money that would be a far simpler message, but wouldn't make sense since the owners have said they will invest and they will have to in order to avoid relegation. 

5 hours ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Nowhere reporting that Emery has/will knock us back. All seems to be Balague's own personal opinion. 

Still nowhere else reporting this? 

Sky said further talks are planned today. It'll be ironed out then and everyone can forget Balague's pissed up tweets he was sending out during the middle of the night. 

Just now, sh74 said:

What have I missed? He was going to be the new manager yesterday.

One Spanish journo saying Emery concerned we might be a hire / fire risk to coaches in coming years. Unconfirmed if true or not, but appears to pour cold water on suggestions it was done deal yesterday. Might still all be bollocks and sorted out in negotiations.