Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Schecter said:

Think it might be politicking from Villa, hardballing from Emery and not wanting to be shoved in the dugout for Brighton with heaps of pressure and little prep time.

If he can’t handle Brighton, the job isn’t for him I’m afraid. 

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

If he can’t handle Brighton, the job isn’t for him I’m afraid. 

I get your point but it's a very volatile situation that he doesn't have to get involved in. The ball us in his court, we're a shitshow currently due to FCB.

6 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Honestly - its moving into farce territory.

Why is this being played out in the media - whoever leaked it yesterday needs to be fired!   

Our whole takeover played out in the media tbf. As did the sacking of Bruce.

Charners is still around, funnily enough…

If Emery genuinely didn’t feel he was capable of leading the team with a day or two in charge, there’s nothing to say he can’t be announced as manager and him watch Jones’ last game from the stands.

Although, that raises the spectre of Emery staying in at Villarreal for their weekend league match. If there’s silence through the weekend, the bedwetters will be having aneurysms.

12 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

If, and it’s a big if, this falls through, it’s not a good look for the competency of the new owners. 

Do you not think our circumstances are a factor? - relegation threatened, shit squad, inadequate infrastructure, crap facilities, shit start to season, a lot of hard work to turnaround and UK press are a pack of cunts. There is the allure of serious money being here over time to make a club a trophy winning side, but for first year it's going to be very hard. Leaving the comfort of your native speaking country and leave your post at a CL playing based club to come to us in the circumstances isn't completely down to the owners.

Just now, hakka said:

Do you not think our circumstances are a factor? - relegation threatened, shit squad, inadequate infrastructure, crap facilities, shit start to season, a lot of hard work to turnaround and UK press are a pack of cunts. There is the allure of serious money being here over time to make a club a trophy winning side, but for first year it's going to be very hard. Leaving the comfort of your native speaking country and leave your post at a CL playing based club to come to us in the circumstances isn't completely down to the owners.

But Emery would have been aware of all the above when he told Staveley he wanted the job? 

Caulkin article this morning listing the reasons we want Emery- Rafa like, strong organiser, gets good performances out of average players. All great points so why would Howe be second choice because he isn’t any of those.

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

But Emery would have been aware of all the above when he told Staveley he wanted the job? 

My point was aimed at the person claiming if this falls through it makes the owners look incompetent, nothing to do with Emery being aware or not of our circumstances.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Still reckon we'll get him. Dubious about Balague's credibility and I think the man himself would've done more to distance himself from the idea were he not very, very interested. 

I think he since held talks with villareal after his press conference last night and supposedly told them he will be staying.