Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest neesy111

The consortium's leaking of stuff is bit shambolic tbh.  Whoever is doing it to the press needs to stop it.  

Edited by neesy111

Btw, this is what I was on about with humphries last night. If you went to bed after bt sport and woke up and saw the thread this morning, you’re probably wondering what bt were playing it. And I’ll tell you, he’s a gobshite trying to bring Newcastle fans into the humphriesverse. 

2 minutes ago, Charlies said:

Keep the fucking faith man, have we learnt nothing from the past 2 years or so? 

People having a go at the consortium give you're head a wobble, 3 or so weeks ago we had Bruce & Ashley, now we're the richest club in the world. It takes time to single out a manager for a project so big, they've chosen Emery and I doubt they'll give up on him because of some what seem like minor issues. 

I agree, but there’s not that many people having a go at the new owners (yet)

2 minutes ago, STM said:

He can hardly tell Villareal that he's leaving, if he's not sure that he is leaving. You tell your current employers that you are staying, until you are not staying, thats how it works.

Point is, he might be waiting for us to match his wage demand before committing.

Aye, Balague's Tweets make no sense and at the moment that's all there is to go on.

Guest neesy111
Just now, The Prophet said:

It's all very strange, weeks without a leak, but then yesterday someone briefed the press. Bizarre stuff.

Yeah it's not a good look tbh.

If we don't get Emery, it's gonna make whoever comes in as a backup option.

Just now, Caleb70 said:

I agree, but there’s not that many people having a go at the new owners (yet)

Not so much on here but a few are expressing anger towards the whole "process" 

It is what it is really, they've done the interviews and they want Emery. I honestly think they'll get who they want. 

5 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

The consortium's leaking of stuff is bit shambolic tbh.  Whoever is doing it to the press needs to stop it.  

The "leak" could have been from anyone. Why blame the Consortium without facts?

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, cosmic said:

The "leak" could have been from anyone. Why blame the Consortium without facts?

Because it happened throughout the takeover as well.

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Balague definitely has an in, but he's been one of those hammering the takeover (iirc) so I have a feeling he's probably enjoying playing this one up.

He’s clearly been told by Emery or someone very close to him.

All seems like a negotiation tactic from Emery's camp tbh.

I think they're trying to get a better offer salary wise, and perhaps regarding some more control over certain areas.

Balague mentioned in his tweet yesterday about a manager needing to have full control, and so perhaps after his stint at Arsenal where players were bought for him, he doesn't want to work with a DOF.

Think they'll be sorting all the final details today now.

I'd have been happy with Howe a week ago. The worry at this point is that he (or anyone) has been very publicly revealed as not the first choice, and there's loads of examples of that resulting in issues down the line. 

Fingers crossed we sort things out with Emery. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

All seems like a negotiation tactic from Emery's camp tbh.

I think they're trying to get a better offer salary wise, and perhaps regarding some more control over certain areas.

Balague mentioned in his tweet yesterday about a manager needing to have full control, and so perhaps after his stint at Arsenal where players were bought for him, he doesn't want to work with a DOF.

Think they'll be sorting all the final details today now.

Aye, I still think it'll go through. You don't go this far down the road to then knock your potential employers back via the press.