Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Seems to me that the English media were well ahead of themselves. it sounds like they got wind of Emery being the number 1 target before the club had formally approached him. We still haven’t heard from the man himself, so I’d hang fire a bit before saying it’s definitely off. There may be some work to be done by the club to talk him round.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Because it happened throughout the takeover as well.

Clearly Caulkin was receiving info from certain 'members' within the consortium,  hence when he was burned by the no red flags shite he vowed not to report on it until it was impossible to not too. 

On another note the disrespect shown to him on here when he was clearly being fed info from those within the consortium, was distasteful to say the least. Him and Hope are gospel as far as I'm concerned. 

Just now, KaKa said:

If he's completely against the idea of a DOF, maybe will just need reassuring that he will at least have final say on signings. 

Think it will all get cleared up tbh.

Can’t see that being the issue he’s worked with them everywhere he has been 

11 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Btw, this is what I was on about with humphries last night. If you went to bed after bt sport and woke up and saw the thread this morning, you’re probably wondering what bt were playing it. And I’ll tell you, he’s a gobshite trying to bring Newcastle fans into the humphriesverse. 

Strange take. Humphrey has fought our corner against plums like Rio Ferdinand for years now and bothered to understand the issues, unlike other so called journalists and pundits.

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

The "leak" could have been from anyone. Why blame the Consortium without facts?

It was from our side. All the English press had the info at the same time. That is a fact. They obviously wanted to address the fans and they've jumped the gun a bit. PIF will be fuming ad they don't announce things before its completely sealed.

Just now, Dokko said:

It was from our side. All the English press had the info at the same time. That is a fact. They obviously wanted to address the fans and they've jumped the gun a bit. PIF will be fuming ad they don't announce things before its completely sealed.

Ironic really cos I've seen loads whinging that they haven't been communicating the same as Ashley never. Soon as they do they are gonna be  burnt

BBC are reporting that it’s all gone tits up overnight. Lack of cohesive vision or summat is his main concern. 

I must admit, take the feel good factor out of it all and the opening couple of weeks have been somewhat chaotic. I hope they find their feet quickly like because the results on the pitch are severely lacking.

Tbh despite the reports I think there's more than a hint of "let's try and get as much of PIF's half-a-trillion as possible" about this. We're probably going to get this during the course of every single transaction we make over the next twelve months. Which is why they badly need to upgrade on SuperNintendo Charnerz. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t see that being the issue he’s worked with them everywhere he has been 

Yes, but his experience in England with the model was not ideal. Maybe just wants to ensure that isn't an issue again, and wants clarity of how much of a say he has in the players being signed when they are recommended by the DOF.

Think it will ultimately all get ironed out. The leak actually puts him in a stronger position. Wouldn't be surprised if it came from his side.

Just now, jack j said:

Ironic really cos I've seen loads whinging that they haven't been communicating the same as Ashley never. Soon as they do they are gonna be  burnt

This is where they lack experience. As always the right approach is somewhere in the middle.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Tbh despite the reports I think there's more than a hint of "let's try and get as much of PIF's half-a-trillion as possible" about this. We're probably going to get this during the course of every single transaction we make over the next twelve months. Which is why they badly need to upgrade on SuperNintendo Charnerz. 

Thankyou Yorkie a man of the same thinking of myself.  Might be worring for yourself mind that.. [emoji38]

I'd be no more or less happy with Howe than I would be Fonseca or Favre.

Howe performed a minor miracle at Bournemouth, even if it did fizzle out. He's got as many failures on his CV as the aforementioned managers.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The only positive is that there is nothing official from Villareal or Emery which you would expect to have come or certainly arrive imminently.

talksport earlier this morning had reported that villareal had released at statement saying he was staying.

Have to say I think Howe would take us down like and that's not really a criticism of him, I just think the type of players we have and the quality of the other teams in the league means that there's no obviously rubbish teams aside from us and Norwich.

Just now, huss9 said:

talksport earlier this morning had reported that villareal had released at statement saying he was staying.

They haven't, they've briefed local journos that he is though.

Remember keeping the fans onside is important.