Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Been blown away today - in every respect. The focus and professionalism to training, the personal touch to fans, the fact that the job means something to someone beyond empty platitudes.

Watched those clips today and thought 'fuck me, I want to be there'.

Massively excited, though it's also revealed just how utterly fucked we were under the previous regime. What that fat cunt was allowed to get away with on terms of preparing the team was beyond criminal.

1 hour ago, Scotty66 said:

Noticed this too. You just wouldn't even think about it in your first training session with the new manager. Piss poor attitude. 

5 years of being indispensable due to Ashley refusing to sign a replacement and knowing it.

If he doesn't see the light by December 31st, he'll soon learn very quickly that those days are over once the transfer window opens.

Would have loved to see Emery sign on the dotted line but I think I'm now more excited for Eddie, yes it might end up flopping but I think he will really give his all, he will try and play the football we all want to see, he will engage and care about fans and not giving us bullshit. I'm still worried for this season as its still the same shit players and it's going to take longer than a few weeks to see improvement and increase fitness enough but who knows. I've not been this excited and engaged in everything black and white for years now. 

Edited by HWTL
Spelling

35 minutes ago, Karjala said:

We could have finished 17th with a loss on the last day couldnt we? 13th masked over a lot of things.

The number of games we were absolutely battered in yet snuck points out of was incredible. It was never sustainable, as this season has shown.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It really is a minor miracle that we finished 13th last season (not a compliment).

Willock, someone Arsenal played as DM, went on a run we've not seen since Cisse's first dozen games against teams on the beach. Maybe a new manager bounce from Jones as well. Empty stadiums were also a factor, since Bruce and the team were saved from what would have been lots of deserved pitchside grief.

We were arguably worse in Bruce's first season, but Dubs had a great full season and goals from defenders papered over the gaping cracks.

fwiw, my kids yearly did bleep-test shuttle runs, a standardized test of endurance, in elementary school in Japan. That's children who are 6 to 12 years old. I doubt our training under Bruce was even at that level. Shuttle runs are short-interval sprints, so highly relevant to football.

It's a real shame Howe is facing an instant rearguard action, because there is wasted potential in the team. So far it has looked obvious that ASM cannot play in the middle, but the truth may be that he cannot play in the middle under a buffoon who simply tells him to "run". With the right coaching and time (we don't have) to adapt, he may be capable of the wide forward to CF or second striker transition we have seen others do. The further forward he plays, the fewer midfielders he's going to be surrounded with, the less important any loss of possession, and the less important his defensive contribution. Joelinton, Alimiron, Murphy etc. may also be capable of much more.

8 hours ago, Charlies said:

Ar man, really makes me miss football training. Not just playing but the little drills and game you do in training. Over half my life ago.

Bleep test too, that takes me back to school, I loved it.

Must be good to get back to some good proper stuff for the ones who were here under Rafa.

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

I'm sure Howe wouldn't have players leaning against posts for long. Heard a clip of Jack Wilshere saying that he didn't let players sit on balls during training sessions.

Cos you'll egg them man

Edited by Inferior Acuña