Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

15 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

I don’t know if anyone else has repeated this feat, since I packed in teaching PE in 2012, but before that only 3 people had successfully reached all 20 levels……David Beckham, Seb Coe and some Kenyan runner I can’t remember……sounds easy to do but if you try it yourself it’s bloody exhausting….any kid reaching past level 10 was actually doing very well…..for those of you who managed to avoid this nice little warm up…..after completion, at whatever level you had to stop at, there were charts which could be used to work out exactly how much oxygen you were converting into energy……obviously the higher the percentage the more likely you were able to perform exercise at a higher level. 

Seb Coe only reached level 17. Don't think anyone's ever done level 20.

2 minutes ago, loki679 said:

I can't be the only one who has no idea what a bleep test is :lol:

Jog from one side to the other in time with the bleep. The bleeps get faster at every stage. 

It's an endurance test basically. Notably, the game was too evil to make Squid game.

Too old for bleep tests, good old normal shuttle runs for us and a real killer where you by sprinting the width of pitch corner to corner then walk the 3 other sides then sprint 2 sides walk 2 and so on until you sprinted all 4 sides. Absolute killer.

I did 10.5 a while ago and stopped. Maybe could have done a few more but just wanted to see if I could get the highest standard required at work for rapid intervention firearms officer.  (Not that I’m one of those)

15 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Too old for bleep tests, good old normal shuttle runs for us and a real killer where you by sprinting the width of pitch corner to corner then walk the 3 other sides then sprint 2 sides walk 2 and so on until you sprinted all 4 sides. Absolute killer.

I kinda miss that tbh :lol: Hated it at the time.

THE BEEP TEST PROTOCOL
1) The Beep Test is performed over a distance of 20-meters; this distance is marked out with two cones or two lines (e.g. marked with chalk or tape) which are placed exactly 20-meters apart.
2) There are 21-levels on the full beep test and each level has a set amount of stages to complete. The higher the level the greater the number of stages to complete e.g. Level -1 has 7 stages, level -11 has 12 stages and the final level -21 has 16 stages. Each level goes for approximately 1-minute. Each increase in level is accompanied by an increase in the beep tempo (beeps get closer together). The test starts at 8.5 km/hr (level-1) and increases by 0.5km/hr at each level The supplied soundtrack will take you to Level 7, Stage 5.
3) Your end score will be based on the amount of stages you were able to complete. If, for example at Level -7 you were able to complete 8 Stages, your final test score would be 7/8.
4) “THEACTUALTEST”Theparticipantturnstheir“BeepTest”onandpositionsthemselves adjacent to one of the cones. The participant then starts on the starter’s command and must continually touch the opposite cone (or place any part of a foot on the marked line), keeping in tempo with the beeps.
5) Once the participant is unable to get to the next cone before the scheduled beep, the test then continues for one more beep/cone, if the participant is successful in playing “catch up” and can reach the next cone before the next beep, then the test continues, however if the participant fails two consecutive beeps/cones, then the test ends and their final score reverts back to the last successful cone attempt.
LEVELS & STAGES
Level 1 at 8.5km/hr has 7 stages Level 2 at 9.0 km/hr has 8 stages Level 3 at 9.5 km/hr has 8 stages Level 4 at 10.0 km/hr has 9 stages Level 5 at 10.5 km/hr has 9 stages Level 6 at 11.0 km/hr has 10 stages Level 7 at 11.5 km/hr has 10 stages Level 8 at 12.0 km/hr has 11 stages Level 9 at 12.5 km/hr has 11 stages Level 10 at 13.0 km/hr has 11 stages Level 11 at 13.5 km/hr has 12 stages
Level 12 at 14.0 km/hr has 12 stages Level 13 at 14.5 km/hr has 13 stages Level 14 at 15.0 km/hr has 13 stages Level 15 at 15.5 km/hr has 13 stages Level 16 at 16.0 km/hr has 14 stages Level 17 at 16.5 km/hr has 14 stages Level 18 at 17.0 km/hr has 15 stages Level 19 at 17.5 km/hr has 15 stages Level 20 at 18.0 km/hr has 16 stages Level 21 at 18.5 km/hr has 16 stages

2 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

I did 10.5 a while ago and stopped. Maybe could have done a few more but just wanted to see if I could get the highest standard required at work for rapid intervention firearms officer.  (Not that I’m one of those)

I can't fully remember but think I only ever got to level 9. Reckon I could get to about 7 these days :lol:

And that’s followed up with the results;-

VO2 MAX DEFINITION
VO2 max (also maximal oxygen consumption, maximal oxygen uptake, peak oxygen uptake or aerobic capacity) is the maximum capacity of an individual's body to transport and use oxygen during incremental exercise, which reflects the physical fitness of the individual. The name is derived from V - volume per time, O2 - oxygen, max - maximum.
VO2 max is expressed either as an absolute rate in litres of oxygen per minute (l/min) or as a relative rate in millilitres of oxygen per kilogram of bodyweight per minute (ml/kg/min). The latter expression is often used to compare the performance of endurance sports athletes.
VO2 MAX SCORES
The following Vo2 max scores are approximate scores at stage 1 of each of the 21 levels, if you wish to find out your approximate VO2 max scores at different stages of each of the 21 levels, then Google “Beep Test score calculator”, this will then give you various websites where you can access a calculator to work out your approximate VO2 max score at any stage over the 21 levels.
     Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5 Level 6 Level 7 Level 8 Level 9 Level 10 Level 11
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max
stage 1 VO2 Max 50.6
stage 1 VO2 Max 54.0 stage 1 VO2 Max 57.5 stage 1 VO2 Max 60.9 stage 1 VO2 Max 64.4 stage 1 VO2 Max 67.8 stage 1 VO2 Max 71.3 stage 1 VO2 Max 74.7 stage 1 VO2 Max 78.2 stage 1 VO2 Max 81.6 stage 1 VO2 Max 85.1 

RESULTS THEN USED ON THE FOLLOWING CHART:-

VO2 MAX SCORES FOR MEN (ml/kg/min)
              18-25 years
26-35 years
36-45 years
46-55 years
56-65 years
65+ years
                     Excellent
> 60
> 56
> 51
>45
> 41
>37
              Good 52-60
Average 42-46
Poor 30-36 < 30
49-56
40-42
30-34
< 30
43-51
35-38
26-30
< 26
39-45
32-35
25-28
< 25
36-41
30-31
22-25
< 22
33-37
26-28
20-21 < 20
65+ years
32 28-32
25-27 22-24 19-22 17-18 < 17

27 minutes ago, loki679 said:

I can't be the only one who has no idea what a bleep test is :lol:

Did these all the time in Army. Still get PTSD over that bloody beeping sound [emoji38], can remember puking a few times after them :icon_puke_l: 

29 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Seb Coe only reached level 17. Don't think anyone's ever done level 20.

You’re right….I googled it and found the following:-

“There are some unconfirmed rumors that some athletes have completed the test, such as David Beckham (football/soccer)”

There are hundreds of people out there who have been fed the wrong information from me for all those years 😀😀

2 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

You’re right….I googled it and found the following:-

“There are some unconfirmed rumors that some athletes have completed the test, such as David Beckham (football/soccer)”

There are hundreds of people out there who have been fed the wrong information from me for all those years 😀😀

Dwight Yorke was the fittest player at Man United at the time. If anyone got close it would be him.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Dwight Yorke was the fittest player at Man United at the time. If anyone got close it would be him.

Maybe not now but I’d say Cristiano Ronaldo must have aced that consistently for a while.

15 hours ago, Charlies said:

"it's not a criticism, it's just a different type of training". Roughly translated "this is a criticism - you're all shit but it's not your fault you haven't been trained properly"

Edited by steve_69