Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Very revealing stuff in that 1st training vid. Basic pass&move drills for pro football team[emoji38]  I bet Howe was fuming when he saw that Brighton game.  Now we have proper young manager, lazy days are over for Shelvey&co.

9 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Called it before he officially took on the job. He’s the new Keegan for the 2020s.

Strap in! It’s going to be a hell of a ride. 

Feels more like a young Bobby Robson to me, in his style. He'll never embarrass us. Best I've felt about the club since somewhere between 2010 and 2003.

5 hours ago, Stottie said:

fwiw, my kids yearly did bleep-test shuttle runs, a standardized test of endurance, in elementary school in Japan. That's children who are 6 to 12 years old. I doubt our training under Bruce was even at that level. Shuttle runs are short-interval sprints, so highly relevant to football.

Beep test is part of PE over here too, at least it used to be.

I hope he ends up being our Diego Simeone.

What Iike about Howe is that he has shown commitment on his previous job. He’s all in and all commited and that’s what we need right now.

Managers like Mourinho, Ancelotti, Conte and even Emery are always one call away from likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. Obviously they are at this moment higher calibre managers, but right now we need a manager that is going to be committed at seeing this through and taking us to the next level. And as I said earlier, I hope Howe can grow with us to be next level manager.

15 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Beep test is part of PE over here too, at least it used to be.

Yup, was standard for Year 7 and 8 (12-14yo) Aussie kids when I was teaching. A PE teacher came to me once and told me one of my students produced some appalling, worse-than-the-fattest-kids result. Turned out she'd already been smoking cigarettes for five years...

All these bleep test flashbacks in here makes me quite thankful. I know they did it at my school but I was always ushered in to the group that didn't do it. Some positives to being a fat little lump of shit, I guess. :lol:

Great statement from him on day one. First in, last out and he clearly has a plan, and has got straight down to it.

The thing that I like, is that he has had some proper time out, and he is clearly not the type that would have been sat onbthe beach. He will have used that time well, learning and developing his ideas, and learning from the past.

It is clear his is going to galvanise the fans with his work ethic, and hopefully the players too. Some will not be able to handle it, but thats good. Time for serious change and I am pretty confident he can deliver it. 

Two things stuck out with me from that training vid. First,Eddie is doing both the talking and running and his assistants are closely watching all the players, either during the talks or while playing. Could be they're the ones who'll be reporting to Eddie whick players leans on posts, those who don't run or those who gassed out easily. If this was a Bruce session, no one would give a fuck. Bruce would be busy playing his 'balls' and the other Steves joking around with the players.

Second, ASM better get his act together. I don't know whether his it's his style or what but his body language in that vid was he couldn't be arsed. He's been shit and lashing out frustrated in matches ever since his step-da Brucey left. Now that we have a decent coach who can get the best out players and money to spend in January, if ASM isn't happy, he can fuck off. 

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Second, ASM better get his act together. I don't know whether his it's his style or what but his body language in that vid was he couldn't be arsed. He's been shit and lashing out frustrated in matches ever since his step-da Brucey left. Now that we have a decent coach who can get the best out players and money to spend in January, if ASM isn't happy, he can fuck off. 

It's just his style. I picked up on that too, but I don't think it's something you actually need to train out of him. Let's see what he's like when he's in his best position and back in form.

19 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

It's just his style. I picked up on that too, but I don't think it's something you actually need to train out of him. Let's see what he's like when he's in his best position and back in form.

Aye. Thought so. But he has been shit and lashing out at tram mates in the past few games post-Bruce though. Hope he is happy now that we have a coach in. A proper one too.

29 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Yup, was standard for Year 7 and 8 (12-14yo) Aussie kids when I was teaching. A PE teacher came to me once and told me one of my students produced some appalling, worse-than-the-fattest-kids result. Turned out she'd already been smoking cigarettes for five years...

29 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I don’t know if anyone else has repeated this feat, since I packed in teaching PE in 2012, but before that only 3 people had successfully reached all 20 levels……David Beckham, Seb Coe and some Kenyan runner I can’t remember……sounds easy to do but if you try it yourself it’s bloody exhausting….any kid reaching past level 10 was actually doing very well…..for those of you who managed to avoid this nice little warm up…..after completion, at whatever level you had to stop at, there were charts which could be used to work out exactly how much oxygen you were converting into energy……obviously the higher the percentage the more likely you were able to perform exercise at a higher level.