Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

16 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Hopefully does a Houllier and picks the team and tactics from his bedside. Holier, the madman was doing it from his hospital bed. Gotta respect that. 

There’s absolutely no way he doesn’t pick the team for this game. 

2 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

Of more concern is understanding where Howe's covid came from and hoping he hasn't passed it on

Covid outbreak is what will happen next and the PL won’t be in the mood to postpone our games.

There's been a bit of noise on twitter and YouTube around teenagers blocking cars in and out of the training ground. 

The club should sort this out, could be the reason the manager has picked up covid, and possibly players becoming infected in the future if they stop for people.

14 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

There's been a bit of noise on twitter and YouTube around teenagers blocking cars in and out of the training ground. 

The club should sort this out, could be the reason the manager has picked up covid, and possibly players becoming infected in the future if they stop for people.

From what I've seen Eddie had been getting out of the vehicle every night and getting photos and signing autographs, some players also stopping for the same without a mask in sight. Can't really blame the guy as can't be seen ignoring fans when just in the job but that's most likely where he has caught it 

2 minutes ago, HWTL said:

From what I've seen Eddie had been getting out of the vehicle every night and getting photos and signing autographs, some players also stopping for the same without a mask in sight. Can't really blame the guy as can't be seen ignoring fans when just in the job but that's most likely where he has caught it 

It's a good excuse to say no though, look what its cost us, were in a relegation battle here, and the manager is down and cant make contact with the team for 10 days now. They really need to tell people to stay away, no wonder Maximin told a yob to piss off.

Just now, Danh1 said:

I wish the embarrassing cunts at the training ground would get to fuck like. Fair enough on his first day but they’re an absolute laughing stock, the players must be sick of them. 

Think we should go for Marcos Alonso in January.

Not sure if its been mentioned but if I had to chose getting covid when he signed missing vital face to face training or the 90 minutes on the day I know which I would chose. 

Gutted from a clean slate prospective but Howe's team should have this as they have been with him every step of the way here. 

He said he's only really been to the training ground and his hotel. Assuming he didn't catch covid at training, is it safe to assume he caught it at Clifton Hotel & Bar, Elswick? 

The club have FFP to consider so they may be reluctant to blow a load of money on a luxury/safe/clean/hygienic hotel. Eddie is a history man so would know one of the first (perhaps even first) games United ever played was against Elswick Leather Works second XI. He hasn't been taking his own car to training because it was obviously stolen from outside the hotel. It all makes too much sense, man. 

Anyway, he'll still be 100% more effective away from the ground than his predecessor was at the ground. 

7 minutes ago, number37 said:

He said he's only really been to the training ground and his hotel. Assuming he didn't catch covid at training, is it safe to assume he caught it at Clifton Hotel & Bar, Elswick? 

Probably off one of the weirdos hanging round outside the training ground for 12 hours a day.

Edited by Chris_R

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

It's a good excuse to say no though, look what its cost us, were in a relegation battle here, and the manager is down and cant make contact with the team for 10 days now. They really need to tell people to stay away, no wonder Maximin told a yob to piss off.

Agree totally but probably wants to seem approachable. In hindsight should have ran them all over, training ground should have more security when they are leaving.