Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

What I would say is, looking at her profile and uploads, she hasn’t uploaded any other football related video and there is no mention of NUFC, so find it strange that if she’s taken it last week has waited for 3 days to upload it 

13 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Video on another forum apparently showing footage of Eddie Howe at training today, maybe it was a false positive and he has returned 2 negative tests 

https://www.not606.com/threads/eddie-howe.396937/page-12

thats what the 2 spurs players did 

There are almost zero false positives. False negatives are common, false positives are as rare as intelligent Sunderland fans.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

There are almost zero false positives. False negatives are common, false positives are as rare as intelligent Sunderland fans.

There have been a bunch of false positives in the NFL over here.

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

There have been a bunch of false positives in the NFL over here.

No there haven't.

There have been a bunch of people getting lucky by doing 2 negative tests afterwards.

PCR tests are, at best, about 70% accurate at picking up even symptomatic cases when properly administered. That drops when people are asymptomatic or not doing the test properly because they want a negative result, but even working on that 70% figure, the odds of a person getting 2 negative tests when ill with Covid is about 9%. That's FAR higher than the chance of a false positive, which is waaaay less than 1%.

Any supposed 'false positives' are almost certainly people gaming the system.

I'm not just making shit up by the way, my wife works on the local Covid ward and has done for the last 18 months. She's had people dying in front of her from Covid, testing repeatedly negative. 

If you get a positive test, you almost certainly (like Vegas jackpot odds certainly) have Covid.

If you get a negative test, you 'probably' don't have Covid.

And that's PCR tests. Don't start me on lateral flow.

5 minutes ago, McDog said:

Yes there have been. There were issues in US lab that caused a bunch of them for starters. Anyway, looking forward to eventually seeing Eddie on the sideline.

Well I can't legislate for lab issues, but actual false positives basically don't happen. False negatives are incredibly common, like about 30% of people with symptomatic Covid will test negative, and people doing their test badly (maybe because they want to be cleared to play?) won't help either.

I was in Heathrow quarantine jail twice this year following travel, and we had to self administer our tests to be allowed to be released. I'm as sure as I can be that 99% of people probably just ran them under the tap and stuck them back in the box.

1 hour ago, Espio said:

Wow. And this, people, is why numbers are still so fucking high.

Misinformation is a helluva drug!

the fella, you may need to stop doing 'your own research' and listen to actual real scientists/experts.

Anyhoo, let's not go down this path in this thread.

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Fernando Gaviria got it twice within about 4 months. Possibility we lose a few to it this week if Howe has it. 

A Covid outbreak right now could finish us off. 

That was before vaccination, I’m sure I read that the majority of our players are vaccinated, hence why none had to isolate after being in contact with Howe 

1 hour ago, nufcnick said:

Video on another forum apparently showing footage of Eddie Howe at training today, maybe it was a false positive and he has returned 2 negative tests 

https://www.not606.com/threads/eddie-howe.396937/page-12

thats what the 2 spurs players did 

The OP, got shiver down the spine seeing that after the discussion on COVID in this thread.

Just now, nufcnick said:

Don’t get your hopes up, as people on here have said it was probably taken last week 

Nah, nah, talking about the OP of the Howe thread on that forum. :lol: It's a certain someone from here with dreadful takes on COVID.