Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Bull shit! I’ve been dismayed by performances and results, but have always backed Rafa and don’t confuse justified criticism and sometimes pent up post match typical fan hysteria with wanting someone sacked or a long term overall way of thinking. I adore the man, and always have done. 

You did, like. :lol:

On 30/12/2017 at 16:53, Guest Howaythetoon said:

Maybe a change of manager, if this is how we are going to be set up for the remainder of the season. Serious as well.

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not really relevant, but we didn't get a manager bounce with Rafa either did we?

Not initially, but we got 13 points from 10 games under him.

Edited by neesy111

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

You did, like. :lol:

Like I said post match hysteria or whatever, 99% of my posts on Rafa have been 100% full of support for him, so…

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

That is patently false, man. It was kneejerk, mind you, which you later admitted. Anyway, I shouldn't have brought it up. Just thought it was a bit amusing.

Funnily enough, briefly looking back to that thread, the arguments sound an awful lot like the ones right now.

Like I said typical fan post match hysteria or reaction, I’ve probably did the same with KK and definitely Sir Bobby, don’t pretend you haven’t had similar thoughts after a bad result, set of results, performances etc. It’s natural fan reactions man FFS!

I like Howe, I think the media like him and he speaks well.    However the results have been poor, there is no denying that.  I had hoped by now that we would see some much more attacking intent but I guess we just haven't got the players at the moment.   I hope he gets them this window and is given time but something needs to change for him soon.

14 minutes ago, toon25 said:

My issue with him is that he's not getting that extra percentage from many of the current lot.

He's also stumbling on the most suitable formation and players to fit more by chance than judgement. Joelinton a case in point.

I dont understand why he played Joelinton in the role he played today.

He's literally been our very best player in the deeper position. If it's not broke dont fix it. 

I was pretty sure Howe was the wrong manager for us when he was appointed and obviously nothing that he has done so far will be changing my mind or anybody else's who had doubts. Today is a disaster from a confidence point of view and Howe should have seen enough of us so far to know we were likely to under perform and possibly lose. So don't pick what you think is your strongest team  and absolutely do not let Trippier be a part of this shit show until Watford. How the fuck will we know what Anderson and White are capable of if they literally never play?

Fortunately Watford got thumped as well though they did play Leicester and put out a much weaker team. If this is not worse than under Bruce it's certainly no better. Wrong man at the wrong time for what we are trying to achieve. 

Gotta say, if someone with a time machine told you on 8th November that the new manager would have won 1 game and seen us knocked out at home of the FA Cup in the 3rd round to Cambridge by 8th Jan you'd be bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

Howe has improved us tactically, to claim otherwise is pure revisionism built upon post match fewm after one admittedly unforgivable, rancid result. We should've beaten Brentford, Darlow was a bellend. We should've had a pen in the first half at Arsenal. We went down to 10 men v Norwich after 9 minutes and still deserved to win the game and probably would've won 11v11. Strength of our 2nd half display v Burnley warranted the result we got. Leicester got a bollocks penalty at 0-0 which would've been a fair reflection of that match after 45 minutes, second half was poor but the game wasn't a 4-0 on the balance of it. A goal that is stopped in the buildup 9/10 times and an individual error v Liverpool. Clark being shit, individual errors and shite refereeing cost us v Man City which wasn't on the balance a 0-4 game. Man Utd we deserved to win.

Today he deserves flak as the result is just purely embarrassing. Even though he's trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, he's clearly improved us tactically. Today doesn't change that.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

9 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I don't know, but I'd never have had Howe in the first place and I've said it since he was appointed.

Oh just do us all a favour and flick off!

People here have similar reactions to society today on anything and everything - it’s either pure joy or pure depression and complaining. There is no balance. 

Howe has a shit squad and is dealing with injuries and COVID impact to the squad. He sent out a team of premier league footballers (debatable tbh) and they created enough chances to win the game, they just didn’t “Put in the netttttttt!” (John Ando voice). His subs were poor and he never really was able to turn it around once we were down, deserves criticism for that.

The players are also to blame: sloppy, lacked focused, didn’t stay onside, didn’t execute the original game plan and lost to a lower league side.

What is absolutely certain is we need players and we need to replace nearly ever single player in the squad in the next 2-3 transfer windows. Now whether Howe is the man to take us on past this one and the next one rests solely on how or if he and this squad performs. 

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Howe has improved us tactically, to claim otherwise is pure revisionism built upon post match fewm after one admittedly unforgivable, rancid result. We should've beaten Brentford, Darlow was a bellend. We should've had a pen in the first half at Arsenal. We went down to 10 men v Norwich after 9 minutes and still deserved to win the game and probably would've won 11v11. Strength of our 2nd half display v Burnley warranted the result we got. Leicester got a bollocks penalty at 0-0 which would've been a fair reflection of that match after 45 minutes, second half was poor but the game wasn't a 4-0 on the balance of it. A goal that is stopped in the buildup 9/10 times and an individual error v Liverpool. Clark being shit, individual errors and shite refereeing cost us v Man City which wasn't on the balance a 0-4 game. Man Utd we deserved to win.

Today he deserves flak as the result is just purely embarrassing. Even though he's trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, he's clearly improved us tactically. Today doesn't change that.

Not to have a go at Howe ( he was never my pick but I’m fully behind him), but it was almost impossible not to improve us tactically after the last couple of seasons with Bruce. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not to have a go at Howe ( he was never my pick but I’m fully behind him), but it was almost impossible not to improve us tactically after the last couple of seasons with Bruce. 

Probably true, but to claim that he's made 'virtually no impact' is utterly false.

Guest HTT II
Just now, elbee909 said:

The latter usually means you want someone replaced, no? Seems equivalent in context.

Not really, one is a suggestion, the other is actually demanding or requesting. 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

The performance against Man Utd shows what Howe can do but getting them to perform consistently is the issue. 

Could also argue though that we have for the last few season, even under Bruce performed well against the big teams at home.