Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 hours ago, Pilko said:

You probably can't get rid already but I worry at the idea of spending £100m+ on players he wants. I'm not sure, I don't have the answers, but I'm fairly sure the answer isn't Howe.

This. I've got the feeling we'd end up with half the Bournemouth team that got relegated if he had his choice of targets.

My reflection on the game is: regardless of all the failings within the squad - it's good enough to beat a League 1 team. This was the perfect game to score 3, 4 goals - get the confidence up with the players ahead of the Premier League fixtures and give the fans a game to enjoy.  The fact we looked poor against them for me the buck stops at Howe.  It's his job to get the players up for this game and to get the tactics right.  He failed on both. 

Edited by duo

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, duo said:

My reflection on the game is: regardless of all the failings within the squad - it's good enough to be beat a League 1 team. This was the perfect game to score 3, 4 goals - get the confidence up with the players ahead of the Premier League fixtures and give the fans a game to enjoy.  The fact we looked poor against them for me the buck stops at Howe.  It's his job to get the players up for this game and to get the tactics right.  He failed on both. 

They all failed!

31 minutes ago, duo said:

My reflection on the game is: regardless of all the failings within the squad - it's good enough to beat a League 1 team. This was the perfect game to score 3, 4 goals - get the confidence up with the players ahead of the Premier League fixtures and give the fans a game to enjoy.  The fact we looked poor against them for me the buck stops at Howe.  It's his job to get the players up for this game and to get the tactics right.  He failed on both. 

Personally feel this is a harsh take on Howe.

If players 2 divisions above their opponent cannot show sufficient confidence to go at them and/or enough professionalism to put them to bed then there's an attitude/mentality issue. Whilst that is to some degree Howe's job to achieve, he's got a squad with one win all season. The players need to take it upon themselves to get their collective heads out there arses and show why they want to be a part of this motion. If they're not upto it mentally, then they need shifting ASAP.

There was poor decision making all across the pitch yesterday but particularly in the final third, the tactics weren't the issue, the lack of awareness of players and conviction was. 

Edited by Heron

He's doing exactly the same thing as Bruce by trying to put square pegs into round holes. Fair enough he's limited by injury/covid but that midfield and forward line was an absolute mess yesterday. It's ok to play 4-6-0 if you're Man City or Spain but plainly not us. It should have been the best available young'un playing as a dedicated striker.

2 minutes ago, Beth said:

He's doing exactly the same thing as Bruce by trying to put square pegs into round holes. Fair enough he's limited by injury/covid but that midfield and forward line was an absolute mess yesterday. It's ok to play 4-6-0 if you're Man City or Spain but plainly not us. It should have been the best available young'un playing as a dedicated striker.

What would your line up have been? 

Actually thought first half was fine, seemed to be just a matter of time before we scored. Players seemed to be knocking it around and enjoying themselves. Second half was just a total shit show, no idea what happened. Lacking any sort of ideas in the final 3rd and had no clue how to break them down. 

That said, when you look at who’s on the pitch, it’s hardly a surprise. There’s a team full of average players and only ASM who can create, on the day he had an absolute stinker. 

Top and bottom is, we need 4 or 5 new players straight into the starting 11 to stand any chance of staying up, this lot just aren’t good enough, especially without Wilson. 

The only criticism of Howe yesterday were his changes. I felt he should have stuck with his original line up, rather than changing strikers about 3 times. It didn't work and we looked worse. Murphy missed a couple of chances but actually looked dangerous at times.

I'm not going to hammer him because he didn't have a recognised striker or because our defenders keep making individual errors.

He's not going to start playing defensively to accommodate individuals, nor should he. We need new players.

I'd like to see him show no loyalty to these players. Aside ASM and Wilson, any bid should be accepted for any player. We don't need money but we do need squad places. We also need a new mentality, which means chopping off the head of the snake and allowing the players to go through the storming, norming, performing process.

Right now the leadership of the squad is Lascelles, Ritchie, Clark, Shelvey etc. All of of which are failing on the pitch. You can't have a winning mentality if your leadership core are failing.

Get rid of as many as possible, replace as many as possible and create a new leadership, starting with Trippier, Joelinton etc.

15 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

A young, shite striker will probably be lucky to score 1-in-10. It's hardly an obvious decition to just throw one up top like.

Aye against a PL team but haway man, Cambridge were in the 4th division last season.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Nah we should be beating a league 1 team, there is no getting out of how bad a result yesterday was. It’s completely unacceptable. 

I know it’s unacceptable, I just mean it’s quite likely to happen. We’re very vulnerable to anyone who has a decent game plan. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

I don’t even know if we have one, certainly not from what I’ve seen. U23 football is not a good barometer. In retrospect it would have been better to lose with a half squad for myriad reasons but it’s too late now. 

You're right there like, I've just looked on .com and it looks like we don't even have one in the first team squad list.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know it’s unacceptable, I just mean it’s quite likely to happen. We’re very vulnerable to anyone who has a decent game plan. 

I agree, but what does that say about our own game plan?

No coincidence our best game under Howe so far has been against Man.U, a team also lacking a coherent identity right now. 

Edited by Barnes23

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I don’t even know if we have one, certainly not from what I’ve seen. U23 football is not a good barometer. In retrospect it would have been better to lose with a half squad for myriad reasons but it’s too late now. 

Aye. If we just threw that game we're voing into Watford full of optimism [emoji38]