Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

It's a tough summer window but we have the added benefit now of being a stable club going into it. We've tackled a relegation battle better than anyone could have hoped for, so there will be plenty of players out there ready to join probably the most exciting and progressive project in world football right now. 

Howe will understand his professional and personal targets for this club, and he'll give himself, his coaching staff and the players the right amount of time to soak in the support and achievement. Then it'll be right back to work because there's no such thing as resting on laurels at this club anymore and Howe understands that more than anybody else.

There'll be a target finish in mind, but that'll be broken down to a game by game basis in which case the objective will be to win against every team we line up against.

In fifteen games since Jan 1, we've conceded 13 goals. West Ham have conceded 19. This is in spite of them having a better DM. I think this is fair evidence of their defenders (and goalkeeper) not walking into our team.

fwiw, in those 15 games, we've also scored three more goals than West Ham.

21 minutes ago, Stottie said:

In fifteen games since Jan 1, we've conceded 13 goals. West Ham have conceded 19. This is in spite of them having a better DM. I think this is fair evidence of their defenders (and goalkeeper) not walking into our team.

You can't compare the two teams when West Ham are in Europe and we're not.

45 minutes ago, Stottie said:

This is a silly way to look at things.

Do you think we would get to the UEL semi-final too?

9 hours ago, James said:

We’ve always been a club that looks out for its own.

By basically rescuing us from certain relegation and then some, Eddie is one of us now.

so unless things go really bad again, which they won’t, he at least gets to see out his contract here, and I’d be unhappy with the owners for anything less

Very much for this spirit.

The club has disgraced itself at times, particularly under Ashley obviously, but we should be aspiring to treat people who've done us great service with as much dignity as possible.

That Athletic piece is fantastic. We really did luck out getting knocked back by Emery. No offence to him, seems like him turning us down was one of those decisions that's worked out for everyone. But Howe just seems perfect, both for what we needed at the time, and going forward. 

That's an incredible read, I actually got a lump in my throat reading some of that.

It's so clear the difference we have now to what came before under Bruce. "Previously, players were given forfeits for training poorly, such as bringing in chocolate for their team-mates." That's one of the most laughable things I've read. But enough of him.

I read an article yesterday about Pochettino leaving PSG and being 'admired' by Newcastle and my immediate thought was NO WAY.

From being lukewarm when he was appointed, I now think Howe is the absolute dog's bollocks.

17 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

The chocolate thing is legit Call Centre stuff. Terrible 

;D

Everything with Bruce was centred around getting more calories in. The man has no shame.

13 minutes ago, LeeB said:

"Just leave it in the boot of my car, Jonjo. I'll share it round later."

"Shambolic from you today Jamaal.  Tomorrow, you've got to bring in bacon and dry biscuits instead of chocolate.  Just pop it on me desk."

Cringed a bit reading about the inspirational quotes posted around the area which I get massive Karen home decoration vibes from :lol: Other than that though, what a job Howe has done. He's definitely in the mix for manager of the season imo.

I did like the "Never be too big to do the small things" quote though, but would prefer that to be an ethos of culture instilled into the club/squad rather than being displayed as tacky kitchen decor. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Cringed a bit reading about the inspirational quotes posted around the area which I get massive Karen home decoration vibes from :lol: Other than that though, what a job Howe has done. He's definitely in the mix for manager of the season imo.

I did like the "Never be too big to do the small things" quote though, but would prefer that to be an ethos of culture instilled into the club/squad rather than being displayed as tacky kitchen decor. :lol:

:lol:

I hear you on this, however, I think that sport is the one place where making use of quotes like that is just about acceptable. Just to try and keep minds in the right place. 

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

That Athletic piece is fantastic. We really did luck out getting knocked back by Emery. No offence to him, seems like him turning us down was one of those decisions that's worked out for everyone. But Howe just seems perfect, both for what we needed at the time, and going forward. 

Shows Bruce up as the slovenly pig he is, lovely.

“Under Bruce, players described themselves as feeling alone on the pitch. They spoke about having all the attributes, but no brain controlling it,” a dressing-room source says. “With Eddie, they say they feel like he’s on the pitch with them. If something goes wrong, they know what to do, how to react, because it’s drilled into them. When things go right, it’s part of the plan and it gives them belief in what they’re doing.”

lack of input from the “man with no brain” 

so lucky to have Eddie, and I know he and his team are happy to have us.

“all aboard the joy ride”

:smitten: