Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

;D

Everything with Bruce was centred around getting more calories in. The man has no shame.

That was my immediate thought :lol: Everything inadvertently reverts back to food. The bacon response is another example. He could've mistaken "break" for anything.

He really doesn't help himself.

Edited by WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Just now, toon25 said:

I'd be hugely intrigued (and not that I think it would be at all helpful from a club/player/progress perspective) to hear the sort of shit that went on under Big Steve.

The sheer amount of time off and lack of preparation in general seemed absolutely scandalous. 

Guest HTT II

Great article btw and I’m a fan of positive imagery and quotes and shit, I think it changes from time to time too so it’s not always the same quotes and it seems the players get to have their own quotes and positive messages added to the mix. It’s all good! 

Bruce’s positive quotes were “LEAVE THE BACON OUT” so he could have it all. 

4 hours ago, Paully said:

One of those once in a while articles which makes me reconsider cancelling my subscription. Read it this morning but thanks for posting here Paully.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

“Under Bruce, players described themselves as feeling alone on the pitch. They spoke about having all the attributes, but no brain controlling it,” a dressing-room source says. “With Eddie, they say they feel like he’s on the pitch with them. If something goes wrong, they know what to do, how to react, because it’s drilled into them. When things go right, it’s part of the plan and it gives them belief in what they’re doing.”

lack of input from the “man with no brain” 

so lucky to have Eddie, and I know he and his team are happy to have us.

:smitten:

The hiring process for Bruce without joking would have been basically like Blackadder the third recruiting an MP requiring "someone over whom we have complete control. A man with no mind, with no ideas of his own. One might almost say a man with no brain."  Charnley presents Bruce to Ashley.

3 hours ago, Abacus said:

That's an incredible read, I actually got a lump in my throat reading some of that.

It's so clear the difference we have now to what came before under Bruce. "Previously, players were given forfeits for training poorly, such as bringing in chocolate for their team-mates." That's one of the most laughable things I've read. But enough of him.

I read an article yesterday about Pochettino leaving PSG and being 'admired' by Newcastle and my immediate thought was NO WAY.

From being lukewarm when he was appointed, I now think Howe is the absolute dog's bollocks.

Trust Bruce to have a chocolate tax. Bet he got to ‘look after’ it too. 

27 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Scratch that. Read it. Got to go and pick wor lass up from graft with a raging hard on. 

I hope “she’s” still stiff by the time you get there. 

In terms of the messaging on the wall, it works then I’m all for it. This isn’t some council estate Karen with Live Laugh Live on the wall above her sofa.

Edited by Rafalove

Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

The sheer amount of time off and lack of preparation in general seemed absolutely scandalous. 

Absent owner, absent MD, absent manager and absent team, it’s totally transformed now the entire club. With investment we will continue to rise and soar!

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Absent owner, absent MD, absent manager and absent team, it’s totally transformed now the entire club. With investment we will continue to rise and soar!

West Brom squad sat in their canteen this morning reading that article. Their faces all covered in chocolate. You just know it. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Groundhog63 said:

West Brom squad sat in their canteen this morning reading that article. Their faces all covered in chocolate. You just know it. 

Fake news, they had the day off remember!