Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

Probably been posted elsewhere, and could have made it to many threads, but this is a good video.

https://streamable.com/mvzfry

Who was it that did the original one of those in the 5th season? Was it @JH?

The clip of Willock clipping it past Tielemans and tearing down the left to Bruno's finish is perfectly timed for the crescendo in that song like. Sure it was the same Hatem's goal in the original. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Hard to think of many managers that would have come in with the same amount of hunger, desire to succeed and transformational effect to do the job Eddie has done this season. Just 110% the best person for the job. Considering those big names linked I don't think I'd change Eddie for any of them. He gets the league, the club and the players. So excited he gets the chance to push on with us next year.

38 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Hard to think of many managers that would have come in with the same amount of hunger, desire to succeed and transformational effect to do the job Eddie has done this season. 

That's a really good point I've never really thought about. Maybe we could have gotten a "better" manager with more experience and better track record, but would that manager have been as dedicated to his job as Howe is? I doubt it. Howe definitely feels like the right person at the right time type of appointment. Hope he stays for a long long time.

This man has worked every waking hour on keeping us up, improving the team and dedicating his life to this craft man. You get emotional thinking of what he’s done here. I can’t help it man. 

Guest HTT II

To paraphrase KK:

When you have a group of good players, players hungry for the ball, who work hard every day, you send them out to play, to be confident and happy in front of a big crowd who will support them win lose or draw like we do as managers and coaches, they’ve been training all their life to go out and play their game, you back them and tell them they are better than the other team, enjoy your day, get on the ball and play, you’re too good to play rubbish, find your moment and go for it.

Howe reminds me so much of KK in how he is with his players, training is intense and no doubt he is too, but the players must be buzzing under him coming into training every day and you can see it on match day just how happy they all are, even those not starting, for the game to start and to get out on that pitch. As KK Sid, they have been training all their lives to play football, it’s not just their job, it’s their love and life. I’m 42 and I’m a shit footballer, but when I take to the pitch I could be my hero Andy Cole out there, that’s how happy just getting to kick a ball makes me, how much sense of love and joy I get from it. And it’s the same now watching games which Howe has brought back to this child in me who had totally fallen out of love with the best game, sport and joy 90 minutes could ever give a person.

Edited by HTT II

That's a good read. Brains and passion in solid harness.

It was interesting what was said about our pressing game. Rafa and Bruce didn't consider that we had the players to press higher up the pitch, and just had everyone behind the ball asap. I thought they were right. And whenever we did try to press, it looked indecisive and unco-ordinated, and obviously the whole team needs to be committed.

Eddie hasn't introduced the sort of full-on press that Liverpool and Man City do, but somehow when the team does try to press, it looks like the players know what's going on, and who should commit and who shouldn't. 

The next three games will be a big test, because we're against 3 teams with the pace and skill to beat a press. I wonder whether Eddie will make some adjustments, bearing in mind the experience with Spurs.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Unsure why he's ditched the back 5 that worked brilliantly at Chelsea in the last 3 games against top 6 opposition. 11 goals conceded, 1 scored with a back 4.

Yeah really worked In the Chelsea game too we were robbed of a pen and unlucky not to get somthing.

Might sound a bit mad, but I think I'd prefer us to finish say 15th than 9th. We're absolutely not a top 10 team and getting there next season should be our motivation not expectation.

Howe's done an amazing job, but I'm very confident he'd be a victim of his own success among some fans if we'd finished 9th this season then repeated it next season, much better that we get a realistic picture of where we are this season and manage our expectations based on that.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Might sound a bit mad, but I think I'd prefer us to finish say 15th than 9th. We're absolutely not a top 10 team and getting there next season should be our motivation not expectation.

Howe's done an amazing job, but I'm very confident he'd be a victim of his own success among some fans if we'd finished 9th this season then repeated it next season, much better that we get a realistic picture of where we are this season and manage our expectations based on that.

Obviously we all want to finish as high possible, but this logic checks out.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

A bit worried that he won't be ruthless enough in the summer.

Time will tell.

According to some of the Bournemouth fans who've been on here, apparently it's one of his biggest strengths and did it year on year when they were coming up the leagues.