Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Smal said:

yeah maybe, but I feel like if we're going to play more attacking full backs on both sides then we probably should've signed a more defensive DM so we're not exposing the CBs. 

The thing with Targett is he’s not the most attacking full back, he’s definitely  more effective than burn, but he’s got a good balance I think 

Done us proud, but another big challenge for Eddie. Interested to see how we look 9-12 months from now. Hope to see some more variety. Genuinely relieved he made the Isak change at half time.

1 hour ago, Smal said:

image.thumb.png.bc86fc63ea87978ad34668cf86236728.png

Will say one thing, I’m not sure this approach of sending all of our attacking play down the right is sustainable long term. It was great when Miggy was having his purple patch but when he’s not on it or the opponent has worked him out it really doesn’t work as we have seen this year so far.

ASM is mostly isolated when he gets the ball too so it’s no surprise when it looks like hard work for him.

I think it’s time to take Miggy out for a bit tbh. He was maddening today.

Glad you showed this pass map. It was clear as day against Bournemouth. So hard for Maxi in this unbalanced inflexible system. To be at his best he needs to be picking up the ball opposite Bruno, in the deeper left half space

Eddie my man, if there weren't any medical issues why the hell was Isak benched?

If you think that he wasn't essential in ANY role starting the match please send me your weed dealer info because I wanna be that high to forget today's match! [emoji38]

23 minutes ago, greydos said:

Glad you showed this pass map. It was clear as day against Bournemouth. So hard for Maxi in this unbalanced inflexible system. To be at his best he needs to be picking up the ball opposite Bruno, in the deeper left half space

Could the idea be that a quick switch to Maxi gives him more chance to isolate a defender? 

I think it's time we saw ruthless nasty Eddie, with the cup out of the way there is no need for any more loyalty to under performing players. Karius should be the number 2 goalkeeper. Targett should start instead of Burn. If Botman slips up Burn can step in at CH. Trippier needs a boot up the backside it's a pity we don't have a decent RB to give him some competition. Wilson needs a rest, maybe permanently. Almiron needs replacing, in the short term I'd rather have Murphy in for a while. Isak, ASM and Gordon need to start even if that means we don't have a CF.  In midfield not much choice, we only have one good one, the rest are all fairly mediocre.

For next season we currently have Pope, Botman, Bruno and Isak who are good enough for a top four challenge, so we are going to need an outstanding transfer window this summer. 

5 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

I think it's time we saw ruthless nasty Eddie, with the cup out of the way there is no need for any more loyalty to under performing players. Karius should be the number 2 goalkeeper. Targett should start instead of Burn. If Botman slips up Burn can step in at CH. Trippier needs a boot up the backside it's a pity we don't have a decent RB to give him some competition. Wilson needs a rest, maybe permanently. Almiron needs replacing, in the short term I'd rather have Murphy in for a while. Isak, ASM and Gordon need to start even if that means we don't have a CF.  In midfield not much choice, we only have one good one, the rest are all fairly mediocre.

For next season we currently have Pope, Botman, Bruno and Isak who are good enough for a top four challenge, so we are going to need an outstanding transfer window this summer. 

Wow

42 minutes ago, greydos said:

I think what the pitch map also shows is the value of a quality LB (and I mean a quality LB) - it changes the entire dynamics of the team - it allows us to change the focus of our attacks.

Yeah that's bollocks. Trippier, Schar and Joelinton etc have all be quality this year. 

All that's happened is the we haven't had the squad to be able to rotate like others have and now majority are burnt out/ out of form. 

Team needs freshening up. But theres plenty of room in this squad moving forward for atleast the first 13 players in the squad. It's the depth after that where we are lacking. 

Add more depth in the summer and then you have players like ASM, Almiron, Wilson, Willock etc as squad players instead of guaranteed starters most games.

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

We don't look anywhere as solid as we did earlier in the season mind. Changes are needed, though the lack of options only really allows us to switch our LB.

Still don't get why we got that lad from West Ham in.

Very highly rated and only a kid. Could well be our next Trippier for many years so was definitely worth 3m. Think we'll see a lot more of him next season. 

14 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

This is why the rebuild will take longer than that, and if people are expecting a revolution in the summer they’re going to go on being miserable as sin.  I’ve no doubt there’ll be two or three really good players added, but I don’t think top four was the aim this year or next year.  We’ve got at least three or four more windows to go before we will have the strength in depth - people need to stop stressing about ‘top four challenges’. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Very highly rated and only a kid. Could well be our next Trippier for many years so was definitely worth 3m. Think we'll see a lot more of him next season. 

Turning 22 this year and has played 6 minutes of PL football if transfermarkt is right. Be amazed if he turns into a PL player.

39 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Could the idea be that a quick switch to Maxi gives him more chance to isolate a defender? 

Possibly, but it’s never usually a switch to Maxi, it’s round the back 4 then Burn drills it to him from 50 yards away

26 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

...You want to start Murphy?

6 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

We definitely need to change things. Whether its Targett/ASM or two up.

Next weeks a write off though and not the time to do it.

Could it be the opportunity to do it?  It’s a free hit.  Though I’m guessing that if we change it up for that one and get hammered then it’ll kill the change stone dead