Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Yes, I absolutely don't know what its like to lose a final and have to play a third of the season afterwards with the FA Cup being the last game.

Not concerned with the mentality in the squad so much as the lack of squad and increasing lack of form in individual players making it all the more evident.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Yeah let’s just rip up the defence that got us 4th, into a cup final and has the lowest conceded goals in the league this season :lol: That’ll show the players.

Fuck me 

Nobody is ripping up the defense just replacing Burn with Targett, which more people on here are advocating. Now if Eddie doesn't think Targett is a better LB than Dan Burn you have to wonder who sanctioned buying him.

I'm 72 years of age next April and I'm still waiting to see us win a domestic trophy as an adult, apart from the Fairs Cup, which most of the media seem to not recognise as a domestic trophy.  Am I doomed to depart from this mortal coil as a supporter of a team destined to persistently frustrate its supporters in the pursuit of any trophies!!!

4 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

I'm 72 years of age next April and I'm still waiting to see us win a domestic trophy as an adult, apart from the Fairs Cup, which most of the media seem to not recognise as a domestic trophy.  Am I doomed to depart from this mortal coil as a supporter of a team destined to persistently frustrate its supporters in the pursuit of any trophies!!!

That's probably because it wasn't a domestic trophy Tbf 

54 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

The "European Fairs Cup" (the name change from "Inter Cities Fairs Cup" was agreed during the season we won it) was the "2nd" European Tournament below the European Cup, as the "Europa League" is now.

It was a FAR harder tournament to win than the Europa League is today because in 1968/69 only ONE team from each country went into the European Cup (now called Champions League) unlike today, meaning that most of the very best teams in European Football were playing in the Fairs Cup.

1969 European Fairs Cup Winners (2).jpg

Edited by manorpark

I think he picked the right team for the occasion yesterday, but various setbacks and dips in form meant it wasn't to be. We needed more things to go right for us to beat Man U on their current form.

Going forward, it's looking like he'll have to play Isak over Wilson, who's struggling. Gordon wasn't available for this game, but with Miggy's dip in form, the case for integrating him sooner rather than gradually has also become stronger. I wouldn't change anything defensively just yet.

4 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Very highly rated and only a kid. Could well be our next Trippier for many years so was definitely worth 3m. Think we'll see a lot more of him next season. 

21 (or 22 as he'll soon be) is young in life, but not that young for a PL footballer. He hasn't even made our bench which is pretty damning considering how it's looked the last month, and has hardly played first team football at any point in his career so far. It's not too late of course, but if he isn't even in contention by this age he's most likely not going to make it at this level.

4 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Turning 22 this year and has played 6 minutes of PL football if transfermarkt is right. Be amazed if he turns into a PL player.

16 minutes ago, Conjo said:

21 (or 22 as he'll soon be) is young in life, but not that young for a PL footballer. He hasn't even made our bench which is pretty damning considering how it's looked the last month, and has hardly played first team football at any point in his career so far. It's not too late of course, but if he isn't even in contention by this age he's most likely not going to make it at this level.

He signed a fortnight ago FFS :) - can we at least give the lad a month before we write him off?

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

That's probably because it wasn't a domestic trophy Tbf 

I suspect he meant ‘major’ not ‘domestic’, which some quarters don’t recognise it - mainly because UEFA don’t recognise the Fairs Cup (unlike FIFA)

44 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He signed a fortnight ago FFS :) - can we at least give the lad a month before we write him off?

I said it's not too late, but compare him to Gordon who is the same age as an example. Straight into the first team picture. This guy has not even made the bench. If he can't get ahead of the likes of Lewis and Ritchie from the start, there must be some glaring holes in his game.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

I expect him to make some changes to our attacking form. It’s really too predictable and every team knows how to deal with us.

Yes, i think he has been against of too much changes because of the final on the horizon. Everyone has seen that something different is needed to freshen things up. But i can understand that he has been a bit worried to upset the apple cart because that formation and set of players got us to the final. Now that the final is done and dusted and our form is still bad, Eddie is justified to make more changes. In in any case, that is what i hope for.

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

I said it's not too late, but compare him to Gordon who is the same age as an example. Straight into the first team picture. This guy has not even made the bench. If he can't get ahead of the likes of Lewis and Ritchie from the start, there must be some glaring holes in his game.

Are we talking about Ashby here? Ridiculous if so :lol:

Glaring holes in his game FFS, we just tracked the lad for a wile and got a deal done, a matter of days before our most important game in decades. Doesn't mean anything at all about his game. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Are we talking about Ashby here? Ridiculous if so :lol:

Glaring holes in his game FFS, we just tracked the lad for a wile and got a deal done, a matter of days before our most important game in decades. Doesn't mean anything at all about his game. 

Agreed, it’s a pathetic statement. These will be the same people that expected kuol to rip up the Scottish league.

Edited by Gawalls