Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

Not sure how I break it to my girlfriend of almost 6 years that I now love Eddie  Howe. 

It won't be that hard, she's probably suspected it for a while.

13 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I know the world was different back when but did Terry Mac get loads of stick for the amount of coverage he got as Keegans #2 the way Tindall has?

Only off makems.

My Sunderland supporting mate used to say he didn't mind Keegan, but he couldn't stand "the Scouser"

15 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I know the world was different back when but did Terry Mac get loads of stick for the amount of coverage he got as Keegans #2 the way Tindall has?

Don't think so. There was always low level craic about most of his time being spent putting the cones out, cutting up oranges and stood by the radio listening for the results of his four-horse accumulator.

Newcastle-Online = “Howe really needs to set us up differently against Brighton. If we press them they’ll just play through us and we’ll be in for a long night. We’re the ideal opponent for their style of play.”

Eddie Howe = “Hold my tea and biscuits”

1 minute ago, NEEJ said:

If only we'd given the poor bloke more time to put his stamp on the squad. 

In his defence, the players he had at his disposal had been used to playing Rafa’s style, you can’t just change that over the course of two seasons… 

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

What kind of biscuit do you think Eddie eats when he’s rewatching our games?

I reckon he goes for a chocolate digestive me like.

Fairly sensible, durable, can be dunked but with a modern twist of that chocolate coating to one side, a nod to his evolution and attempt to move with the times.

A large seller, popular with most albeit not everyone's first choice. Some might prefer more explosive biscuits like an Orange Club or a Viscount with minty freshness. Eddie Howe is our chocolate digestive though, and we love him for it.

Gotta say this - having watched the match again last night. Absolutely breathtaking tactical display by Howe and the coaching he’s done on our players. We pressed, we engaged the ball carrier nearly every time, and every single time it was triggered the others on our team nearby had head on swivels looking to find their man, mark up engage and set traps. 

Re: our midfield - Bruno was nearly flawless. Dominated. Joelinton and Willock are machines.