Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

10 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

His interview after the game is just tremendous. Just totally understands the bond between Newcastle and his team, as well as the qualities the fanbase love to see in our players. 

Aye, he is something absolutely special. We were so fucking lucky that Emery (who is incredible as well, helped us secure top 4) turned us down. 

For me keeping this guy around for a long long period of time makes complete sense. Chopping and changing managers is just hoping one clicks.

It's seems far more likely that sticking with a manager of Howe's quality, giving him more time to fine tune and get thing exactly how he wants etc etc, the more chance of further success.

When the owners originally mentioning wanting him to be their Ferguson, I really hope they stick to that!

Love you Eddie!

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He'll be buzzing for next season. I'll happily take challenging for 6th-7th next season to accommodate European football while he gets to grips with balancing domestic and CL football for the first time.

Loads won’t, and arguably rightly so, but absolutely the same. 

Posted last season the bloke was a legend for keeping us up. Pails into insignificance now. What a fucking job he has done.

18 minutes ago, Disco said:

Loads won’t, and arguably rightly so, but absolutely the same. 

Posted last season the bloke was a legend for keeping us up. Pails into insignificance now. What a fucking job he has done.

Think it depends what we do in the summer. If we spend £300m on 5-6 elite players then he should 100% be aiming top 4 and a run deep into the CL. If it's a similar sort of spend to last summer with 2-3 top players and a couple of good players, I'd expect 6-7th while we learn as a club how to deal with that sort of calendar again. 

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think it depends what we do in the summer. If we spend £300m on 5-6 elite players then he should 100% be aiming top 4 and a run deep into the CL. If it's a similar sort of spend to last summer with 2-3 top players and a couple of good players, I'd expect 6-7th while we learn as a club how to deal with that sort of calendar again. 

Absolutely. Huge learning curve for him

but then he’s grown up on minimum 46 game seasons so who knows, and almost who cares at this stage, what a guy.

He must be absolutely fucking bouncing.

I think what he's achieved so far is sufficient to entitle him to benefit of the doubt forever, no matter how badly things go going forward. Certainly wouldn't even consider turning on him even if we had a European hangover next season and landed somewhere mid-table.

All this depends on money coming in. UCL is going to be big. Sponsorship deals will be big. Saleable assets are here now but we need some of these guys so it's still a bit of a slow build up. Player sales are huge. We're not quite there yet. UCL should attract players though so it is coming up Milhouse no matter how you look at it.

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

That interview on the pitch post match man. Hope he’s the man to end our trophy drought. He is perfect for this football club.

need to find this video

He's incredible

I was delighted when it looked like Emery was going to get the job but was very quickly on board with Howe as I've always admired and respected what he did with Bournemouth, when you actually look at what he did with such little resources it was unbelievable 

I've backed him from day one and proud to say I didn't waver at any stage with him, even after that low point after Watford when quite a few fans were vocal about him, however despite being confident he'd do well never did I expect it would be this well. When you stop and actually think about it, to achieve this in his first full season is absolutely ridiculous.

No doubt there'll be fans and some pundits that will try to minimise it by waffling on about unlimited money and spending but we know that's not the reason, we know he's worked absolutely wonders. The players pre takeover that have improved is testament to that.

I'm so happy for him, the work he's put in he deserves this. First time he'll be managing in Europe, he's probably already planning for it but I hope he really takes a moment and just enjoys this for as long as possible because he bloody deserves it.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think it’s far more likely to be the latter - something like £100m+ anything brought in.

I’d also be happy with top eight finish being the target + having a go in the cups.  Even with CL qualification, it’s going to take another three or four years for the big sponsorships and shirt deals etc to start rolling in, based on FFP and other PL bullshit.