Paulo Fonseca

Fantail Breeze

Peak handsome at Newcastle was Cabaye.. and he could play! Probably the best midfielder in a similar role we’ve had since Rob Lee.

Leaves a bad taste that he wasted the second half of his best years at Palace.

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Peak handsome at Newcastle was Cabaye.. and he could play! Probably the best midfielder in a similar role we’ve had since Rob Lee.

Ginola surely.

30 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Would absolutely love this guy to be our manager, would also usher in some emphasis on technical players who are comfortable on the ball. He bloody loves his fullbacks too. 

He is going to hate ours then!

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

He wasn't even peak handsome in that Newcastle team (Mathieu Debuchy) and Schär is fitter.

Sir Les was a handsome bastard too and still is, KK’s team, wasn’t the best looking though, Beardsley FFS [emoji38]

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

:lol: this is gonna be long but my brother always tells this Beardsley joke:

”Gazza is driving through town, after he left to join Spurs. As he goes along the road a bloke comes up to the car. Starts giving him some stick, swearing at him, so he carries on. Goes along a bit further and another bloke comes up, “gazza you fucking traitor, fuck off. So he carries on getting sick of the grief he’s getting. A bloke comes up to the car and starts mooning him, gazza looks up and says “and Beardsley you can fuck off as well!”

I’ve butchered that joke horribly like

[emoji38]

Based on the various videos on YouTube Fonseca’s style of football can be exciting to watch, but is also high risk. His Roma side scored freely but also conceded at will too.

His style requires all the team to be technically proficient and needs centre-backs and a goalkeeper who are comfortable on the ball. Midfielders need to get box-to-box at speed and the wing-backs need to excel.

So with our current squad what could possibly go wrong?

7 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

Based on the various videos on YouTube Fonseca’s style of football can be exciting to watch, but is also high risk. His Roma side scored freely but also conceded at will too.

His style requires all the team to be technically proficient and needs centre-backs and a goalkeeper who are comfortable on the ball. Midfielders need to get box-to-box at speed and the wing-backs need to excel.

So with our current squad what could possibly go wrong?

This is quite a scary thought, considering we are in a relegation battle [emoji38]

How do we think he would line us up?

The video already posted in this thread from Tifo football gives a great explanation of his tactics at Roma where he employed a fluid 3-4-3 formation. I have linked to it again below.

I think at this point in time we need someone who can adopt a more pragmatic approach to  avoid relegation.

Link here

17 minutes ago, Toontimes said:

The video already posted in this thread from Tifo football gives a great explanation of his tactics at Roma where he employed a fluid 3-4-3 formation. I have linked to it again below.

I think at this point in time we need someone who can adopt a more pragmatic approach to  avoid relegation.

Link here

No we don't, we need someone who isn't an idiot. Maybe we should just bring Allardyce in? Is that what you want? 

The whole shite pundits peddle about you need a proven Premier league manager who has been there done it is absolute horse shit. What you need is the best manager you can find. There are 30 games left to play and the squad, whilst lacking in a couple of areas is far better than its position in the league.  Bruce kept this squad up for 2 seasons ffs and he is about the worst manager I think we've had in terms of tactics, training and fucking off the fans. 

HORSE SHIT

Edited by relámpago blanco