Paulo Fonseca

Fantail Breeze

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I think we're alright at CB. Lascalles, Schar, Fernandez, Clark and Dummer is solid enough until the summer.

Id say full back and centre mid are a priority. We could do with a striker too, so we can manage Wilson's minutes to prevent him breaking down as much.

Hmm, if we’re playing Fonsecaball would that be good enough to roll it out? I could see Smalling.

4 hours ago, Rafalove said:

yeah lb in particular is the first place I’d look to strengthen. Then cm or cb. Not saying we shouldn’t go after a forward but we atleast have Wilson in that position even if he is injury prone.

Got to disagree. You can mitigate a poor full back, strengthen his side of midfield when defending, 3 centre halves etc.....we don't have a Centre midfielders worthy of the name and its probably the most crucial position on the park and we are two short

20 minutes ago, madras said:

Got to disagree. You can mitigate a poor full back, strengthen his side of midfield when defending, 3 centre halves etc.....we don't have a Centre midfielders worthy of the name and its probably the most crucial position on the park and we are two short

N'Golo Kanté it is then!!!!

22 minutes ago, madras said:

Yeah. I think a quality left footed CB would be better. Somebody that can cover for Lewis, [with Almiron doing his usual energetic tracking back] If they can pass as well that's a bonus.

30 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

The defending keeps getting brought up as an issue, we've got no defence anyway so why does it matter?

Keegan's philosophy was to score more goals than the opposition anyway, that didn't work out too bad.

We just need to start scoring goals ;D

14 minutes ago, Espio said:

Keegan's philosophy was to score more goals than the opposition anyway, that didn't work out too bad.

We just need to start scoring goals ;D

No it wasn't. We had a very good defence under Keegan.

32 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

"The best way to defend is to have the ball. We have an obligation with supporters to create a spectacle, a good show. I have to be offensive and dominate the games... These are things which will die with me." - Paulo Fonseca

bring him home 

I love him already