Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Or the club is being chronically mismanaged behind the scenes.  That wouldn't surprise me with Charnley in-charge.

Despite all the guff, Charnley isn't in charge. Ashley is.

This. It all starts with Ashley.

Guest neesy111

Or the club is being chronically mismanaged behind the scenes.  That wouldn't surprise me with Charnley in-charge.

Yeap, but Charnley runs the show day to day.  He could be running a shambles that is preventing the club have it's own money.  The wages we were paying in the championship are testament to that imo, ridiculous levels to what was needed.

Whole things a mess from top to bottom.

Yeap, but Charnley runs the show day to day.  He could be running a shambles that is preventing the club have it's own money.  The wages we were paying in the championship are testament to that imo, ridiculous levels to what was needed.

Whole things a mess from top to bottom.

Agree totally

Sell before we buy? We're raking in TV money from the biggest TV deal in Premier League history and we apparently need to sell before we buy? What utter fucking nonsense. We really have learnt nothing from our relegation seasons have we?

Guest neesy111

Sell before we buy? We're raking in TV money from the biggest TV deal in Premier League history and we apparently need to sell before we buy? What utter fucking nonsense. We really have learnt nothing from our relegation seasons have we?

We spent £85m the last time we got relegated, we just had a shithouse of a manager.

We spent £85m the last time we got relegated, we just had a shithouse of a manager.

True, but years of spending essentially nothing in the seasons before that contributed to the relegation as well.

We’re still paying for the consequences of that season.

I’m now worried about the Rafa situation. Miles Starforth wrote an article saying Rafa was losing his patience with the club yesterday. That’s coming directly from the source so would tend to believe it now.

The club really are going to fuck over possibly the best manager we’ve had here (in a coaching and tactical sense) AGAIN. And ensure he walks away next season because they know he’s too honourable to walk out on a contract.

It’s going to be a horror show between now and close of window.

This scaremongering happens in every single window no matter what.

Just come back in a month and it will be a total difference in posts and media negativity.  Wouldn't waste my time with  media gossip. Especially while Benitez is walking around with a smile on his face.

Think im only prepared to take speculation more seriously perhaps when Benitez says any of it himself.

Ashley is chuffed to bits the WC is on and the eye is on England, it gives him a good couple extra weeks of respite in his view. Not that it matters whether we're going fucking mental with him or not. Cunt.

Just come back in a month and it will be a total difference in posts and media negativity.  Wouldn't waste my time with  media gossip. Especially while Benitez is walking around with a smile on his face.

Think im only prepared to take speculation more seriously perhaps when Benitez says any of it himself.

I tend to agree but I can't bring myself to be confident. I'd be surprised if any Newcastle fan could based on what we've experienced in the past. And the additional fear that Ashley might now think we can stay up with a Championship squad as long as we have Rafa (which TBH we can).

The World Cup will obviously push things back, and the window closes early, so it's going to be squeaky bum time.

So it’s a case of scrambling around for deadline day loan deals again being best case scenario.

My guess is that Ashley is hoping any club sale by next summer would absolve all the messing about so that Rafa would commit to staying with a new owner and sign a brand new contract.

He wouldn’t dare facing the wrath of the fans when he walks away after serving his contract. Surely not??!?!

I tend to agree but I can't bring myself to be confident. I'd be surprised if any Newcastle fan could based on what we've experienced in the past. And the additional fear that Ashley might now think we can stay up with a Championship squad as long as we have Rafa (which TBH we can).

The World Cup will obviously push things back, and the window closes early, so it's going to be squeaky bum time.

Rafa will get his way. I beleive one on one meetings between the pair him and Ashley would always result in Rafas favour. He has always maintained he has a very good relationship with Charnley. Fair enough if he does get turned over, he can walk away with pride and knowing hes appreciated. I just cant see Ashley wanting to lose Rafa. We will be fine, we all know right now not to expect any marquee signings or maybe not even breaking our transfer record, but we will definitely strengthen and likely have a stronger first 11 from last seasons.

Rafa will get his way. I beleive one on one meetings between the pair him and Ashley would always result in Rafas favour. He has always maintained he has a very good relationship with Charnley. Fair enough if he does get turned over, he can walk away with pride and knowing hes appreciated. I just cant see Ashley wanting to lose Rafa. We will be fine, we all know right now not to expect any marquee signings or maybe not even breaking our transfer record, but we will definitely strengthen and likely have a stronger first 11 from last seasons.

I really wish I could believe this, let's hope you're right!

Other teams do not have to sell to buy their sales supplement the best amounts of TV revenue they have to recruit and build a squad. Either it's absolute chronic management/their is no other revenue to cover running costs or Ashley is trousering everything coming in

Its embarrassing we are operating like a Championship club in the Premier League and the mistakes are just being repeated. If that's the case we are certain to be relegated again

How can we possibly have a stronger 11 when we won't pay above 15m for a player?. 15m gets you a decent Championship player these days. Every club in the Premier League pays beyond that for playing staff

No way can you be stronger when you are signing shite

Other teams do not have to sell to buy their sales supplement the best amounts of TV revenue they have to recruit and build a squad. Either it's absolute chronic management/their is no other revenue to cover running costs or Ashley is trousering everything coming in

Its embarrassing we are operating like a Championship club in the Premier League and the mistakes are just being repeated. If that's the case we are certain to be relegated again

I doubt we need to sell Ritchie tbh. I do think we want to upgrade though. We’d have Atsu & Murphy as cover for the wings, if Kenedy is one and Townsend is the other signing, Rafa will be happy.

Doesn’t matter what our opinions of Townsend are, Rafa wanted him to stay and has since tried bringing him back twice so is clearly his preferred choice.

I'm almost feeling sorry for the guy here, now he's getting slated for spending money, as opposed to not spending it? The squad were on PL wages and we went out and signed a number of players who were also on PL contracts in order to go back up.

The problem here is every single decision is micro-managed by Ashley, despite all his claims that Charley does the day-to-day. He doesn't. The control freak approach and lack of trust from the top is the root of all our problems.

£30m for Townsend? [emoji23] Someone at Palace needs to lay off the crack.

We are asking for £15m for Ritchie apparently, If you can negotiate them down, the hit wouldn't be so bad. In Rafa's hands, Townsend was a hell of a player, I think he could do far more with him than he can with Ritchie.

We are asking for £15m for Ritchie apparently, If you can negotiate them down, the hit wouldn't be so bad. In Rafa's hands, Townsend was a hell of a player, I think he could do far more with him than he can with Ritchie.

And had he stayed with us and learnt from Rafa he'd be a £30m player, right now, at Palace, after that season I'd argue he's closer to a £13m player

And had he stayed with us and learnt from Rafa he'd be a £30m player, right now, at Palace, after that season I'd argue he's closer to a £13m player

Well, one thing you can be sure of with our negotiating team, we aren't about to overbid for a player so you can rest assured there.

Well, one thing you can be sure of with our negotiating team, we aren't about to overbid for a player so you can rest assured there.

£3m and that's our final offer, we won't be held to ransom! "We tried".